Mobile browser support on Device Trust
When Device Trust is turned on, all access from mobile browsers are blocked. There is a large number of mobile users (iPads) that need to access Box through a mobile browse as there are certain functionality that not available through the Box mobile application.
The most important things for us that iPad users may need through the browser that they can't do through the apps are the following (and this is important because most of our sales force ONLY have iPads and not PCs, leaving them no other way to perform these tasks, except potentially using VDI on their iPads). I have these in order of importance to us, but with VDI we at least have a workable way to get around this:
- New account registration (the way our SSO & enroll setup works, they must first login through the browser to trigger auto-enrollment into our environment, and once that is complete, only then can they login through the mobile app)
- Viewing & a restoring from Trash
- Locking files they are working on
- Advanced folder settings (although this is less important)
- Admin console activities (only affects a few of us here, but we sometimes to have to help with certain things such as account activations or exploration for lost content while on the go, and not being able to do so via mobile browser would hinder our ability to get back with our users as quickly as we'd like)