Skip to content

Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

667 results found

1. Allow me to stop Box Drive without hiding the Box contents

If I stop Box Drive (right click on the icon and choose exit), the Box folder disappears, even though I've marked all folders for available offline.

I sometimes am in a location with a very low data cap, and the costs for exceeding the quota are very steep. If I store a file in Box from another device, when my computer connects and Box Drive is running, then it will attempt to sync and download any files.

On my old Windows 10 computer, I didn't have this issue. The Box folder stayed around, and I could even add files to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Adds the ability to hide the notifications that appear when you open an auto-locked file on a box drive for all tenant users.

Tenants that automatically lock files in Box Drive will be notified that when another user opens a file that is already open from Box Drive, the file will be locked and opened in read-only mode.
    Add the ability to hide this notification for the entire tenant.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please add a new way to change the maximum cache size of Box Drive without having to make a personal registry change.

In Box Drive, as described in the link below, Modifying the maximum cache limit requires a registry change.
    However, in many companies, end users do not have the skills or authority to modify the registry.

We would like you to work on a way to achieve this other than by changing the registry when modifying the maximum cache limit.

■Technical Information for Box Drive Administrators
     Modifying the maximum cache limit:
     https://support.box.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043695894-Technical-Information-for-Box-Drive-Administrators

<Box Driveの最大キャッシュサイズを個人的なレジストリの変更なしに変更できる方法を追加してください。>

以下のリンクで説明されているように、キャッシュの最大制限を変更するにはレジストリの変更が必要です。
    しかし、多くの企業では、エンドユーザーにはレジストリを変更するスキルや権限がありません。

キャッシュの最大制限を変更時にレジストリを変更する以外の方法で実現できるように工夫していただきたいです。

■Box Drive管理者向け技術情報
     キャッシュ上限値の変更:
     https://support.box.com/hc/ja/articles/360043695894

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to close the black box at bottom of documents containing zoom features, pages and other editing tools

A black box appears on the pdf documents we use.
    It contains zoom features, pages and other editing tools.
    Unfortuantely, it blocks important client info on our documents.
    Many times you can't get it to disappear.
    Would like a function where you could close the box on command, and then refresh if you want it back.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. SSO multi-zone assignment through Box Drive log in

We have an enterprise initiative to start leveraging Box drive through our file share migration to Box. The usage is expected to be high within our enterprise since we are working towards enabling Box as an enterprise level application. Since we are a global company, we have requirements regarding data residency and data location within Box. While Zones provide that functionality, through our testing we found the Zone assignment doesn't change when the login is initiated from Box Drive, it only changes when you log through Web UI.
    Although the workaround is pretty obvious and have people log in through…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Box Drive User installer

Similar to Box Tools, requesting user installer capabilities

For reference: https://support.box.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043695834-Large-Scale-Deployments-Box-Tools

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add faster playback speed for audio files (1.1-2x)

Pretty self explanatory, would allow for optimal audiobook/podcast/Mp3 playback

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. video thumbnail hover preview

I would like to be able to hover my mouse over a thumbnail of a video and preview frames from it when I move my cursor left or right. Just like in Adobe Premiere Media Browser. It would make it easier to parse through footage faster without downloading or playing the video.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow System Administrators to download pkgs/msi's for all OS without being redirected on your site.

Hello!
    I am unable to download the regular box drive pkg on my m1 mac. I am a system administrator who needs to download all pkgs/msi in order to support the business. I shouldn't have to use an intel based m1 mac just to download a pkg to upload to jamf.

https://support.box.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043696254-Large-Scale-Deployments-Box-Drive

My suggestion would be to put direct links to the intel mac pkg on this page and the m1 pkg as well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. You are no longer logged in. Box Drive will now quit. Please restart the app and login again.

cannot log into box. its reports this in the App on my mac. i can log into the web fine. what do i do?

You are no longer logged in. Box Drive will now quit. Please restart the app and login again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. (Box Alternate domain) link from Box Drive

Looking forward an option to setup Box Drive to generate shared links with the (Box Alternate domain) URL by default.
    We heavily work with factories in China and for them to access shared files, we need to modify URL from "box.com" to (Box Alternate domain) manually everytime when we generate links from Box Drive.
    Note: we know we can generate (Box Alternate domain) links from web platform when we login via (Box Alternate domain). We are specifically looking for a feature to setup Box Drive links to be (Box Alternate domain)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Working on same file simultaneously

Possibility in Box Drive - (and also in any other application (online, app,..))- to lock a file (e.g. Excel file) automatically as soon as one user is in the document.
    Therefore, if the next user wants to open the same file while one user is already working on it, it gets immediately a message like "Read only". As soon as the user is out of the file, and no user has opened the file, whoever wants to open it, can open it without any warnings in editor mode.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Recommend an automated, timed backup onto a secure Duke folder for ToolKit folders/files to improve deleted file recovery options fora team

Recommend an automated, timed backup onto a secure Duke folder for ToolKit folders/files to improve deleted file recovery options for a team. Now it appears that recovery of files that were deleted in a shared Duke Box Toolkit folder can only be recovered by the individual that deleted the file (not the co-owner or admin without the assistance of the individual that performed the deletion). For critical files this is a security risk to just store the files on the Box Drive because it severely limits identifying and recovering deleted files. The individual that deletes the file could do it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add a 'description' for folder and files at the top of the page, just below the folder/file name.

A description of the folder at the top of the page will save time for our users, stakeholders and team members. It can be used as a way to describe what a user can expect to find in a given folder; and if this option extends in all sub-folders and files, it can help save a lot of time, bandwidth, and storage.

The following format example will work well:

Account name > Project name > Research files

In this folder, you will find data about the project research and all the research files that are available. For any information on…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add file path to macOS Box Drive search function

Since macOS Finder will not search Box Drive by filename correctly, the only real way to search for files is using Box Drives built-in search function. This will successfully find a file, but it does not show you the path in the folder tree. Could you please add the containing folder and path in the search results box? Ideally the user would also be able to open a finder window directly to that containing folder directly from a click in the search results box.

Thanks!
    --Richard

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Box Drive  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Taskbar icon overlay for Box Drive to indicate if there are any "Problem Items"

Currently for Box Drive (for Windows) you have to go into the program then Box Drive Settings to view if there are any problem files. Most users will never do this.

Ideally there should be a red exclamation overlay on the taskbar icon if there are any problem files and they should be shown immediately when you click to open Box Drive.

This would help end users to see that not all their files are syncing and then ideally also show them the local path of the problem file (that they can click on to access) AND also give them…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. sync to a RAID

Our global video team need a cloud solution that can be saved to our external RAIDs. We need to store and access TB's of footage. Desktop hard drives are no large enough.

We could potentially use the older 'Box sync', but we understand that it is due to be phased out, and it does not support selective offline/online syncing, which we need.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. My Mac will not show JPG or PDF thumbnails

I am using Box Drive instead of Box Sync. Now I cannot see thumbnails of JPG's and PDF's and it is very frustrating for my work.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hide thumbnails in previewing a doc

I would like the opportunity to hide the thumbnails that appear on the left side of the screen when I preview the document. I would love to be able to have more real estate to look at the doc itself. There may be a time when it might be important to have those thumbnails come back, so a way to hide and unhide it would be great.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. How can I find out how much storage I've used, and how much I have left?

Why is there now place that shows "You've used up this much of your storage"?, or even, "You have this much storage space left...." It's stupid to have to guess how much I have, hoping if I upload a folder it'll make it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base