Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow direct access in saving files from box for Outlook to Box Drive

Currently the 'box for outlook' add-on for desktop outlook in only linked to box.com requiring passwords frequently.
    Please allow this to direct to 'box drive' , which will ease the process in saving attached files. When working on desktop PC's box drive is quicker to manage.

Would also be helpful to have functions, such as link/enable collaboration including box notes via box drive will be added soon.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Partner Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Alert users to communication failures between box and Office Online

Three times in the last two months, we have lost hours of edits to box files made in PowerPoint Online. Box’s position is that this is a communication failure on the Microsoft side: box passed the file to Microsoft and Microsoft failed to pass the file back. The edits made are lost with no recovery possible.

Since Microsoft has published its auto-save frequency for all of its integration partners (see https://wopi.readthedocs.io/en/latest/scenarios/coauth.html), could box implement a process to check for the auto-save in the window specified by Microsoft, and alert the end user if it’s not occurring? If box sees…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Partner Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. compatibility with libreoffice

to be able to edit and save documents in box.com from libreoffice

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. MS Time Private Channel Integration

We love the MS Teams integration but need the ability on private teams with private channels to assign different default Box folders to each channel. Currently this is allowed only with public channels on a private team. We utilize private teams in MS Teams for our training cohorts and need the ability to have private channels for homework assignments and follow up with students. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Adobe XD file preview support

Would like to support xd file for preview in Box

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Want to be able to add file request to folders via Zapier

Now you have a dedicated File Request API, it'd be great if I could add File Requests to folders via Zapier (which I use to automate the creation of folders). And then also to get back the File Request URL so can make that part of my workflow.

At a very minimum, you should be able to export a list of all folders and their associated File Request links so that I do not have to copy each one individually after bulk creating folders and bulk adding a File Request to each!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. VTiger does not have an integration with Box.com

We are planning to use VTiger, a CRM software, but realise that it does not integrate with Box.com. Are there any plans to change that? Other wise we need to switch to Google Drive or Drop box. Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Box for Slack

When sharing a file with Box for Slack, a pop "Do you want to share it?"

Some files do not want to be easily collaborated. Therefore, not only "Do you want to share?" But also "Share" and "Do not share" should be selected.

With choices, you don't accidentally collaborate on important files easily.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Skip SSO login for Microsoft Teams

Please can we implement this to save all Box + Teams users getting prompted to login to Box from Teams after every Teams launch? (Staff are using SharePoint instead of Box as the user experience is easier)

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/office/blogs/let-your-users-skip-sign-in-with-single-sign-on-support-for-microsoft-teams-tabs/

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Increase Google file size limitation >100MB

Please have Google increase File Size Limitation over 100MB.

Google currently has a file size limitation of 100 MB. In our workflow 1. Doc is created in Google Slides. 2. Once finalized, that doc becomes a template (>100MB) where it is shared across the entire company. 3. Once other users begin to make changes or try to make a copy to that template, they all get the Unsaved Changes message, due to Google's owner of the file size limitation. Google then fails to send those changes to Box.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. ON/OFF setting for Slack channel notification (permission)

>Not everyone in the channel can view {filename}. You don't have sufficient permission to share this. Try contacting the owner or editors of the file.

When I shared BOX url to Slack channel, mention above would show and it's really annoying. I would be really happy if there is ON/OFF setting for this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Slack Workflow Builder integration

I am creating workflow with "Slack workflow builder". And I want to output the file whose information is collected by the workflow to box.
    Currently, "Google Sheets for Workflow Builder" can make it happens.

https://mikanorg.slack.com/apps/A01AWGA48G6-google-sheets-for-workflow-builder

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Zoom.us video recordings archival into Box.

We would like to have the integration between Box and Zoom to be able to pull Zoom meeting recording from Zoom and store in Box.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Instagram Feed Planning

Hello!

Im trying to plan my instagram feed and considering some apps to do this. My problem is that I cannot access my photos in Box from these apps.
    For ex-. I can't upload pics stored in my Box using PreviewApp or Planoly. In Planoly the option to upload from Box doesn't even show up. On PreviewApp the option shows up, but when I click, I only see a 'sand clock' with no option to proceed.

Every app is linked to Dropbox. I think Box should make sure that apps link to Box the same way as with Dropbox.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. google shared drive

Allow Google Drive "Shared drives" content to be copied directly to the integrated Box extension in Gsuite. Currently, this is only available from "My Drive". The work around is to copy "Shared drives" content to "My Drive" (which in itself is awkward, because only files, and not folders, can be copied directly in the cloud), and then copy content from "My Drive" to Box.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bring the full Google Docs/Slides/Sheets functionality to Box

Bring the Box for Google Docs & Sheets up to date with the native Google Docs/Sheets/Slides, including implementing the eg locking cells, Macros, add-ons etc so customers can really stay on Box and not have to go through other apps/UIs.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Open office online via Box in the Microsoft Teams Integration

Open Office Online in Box embeded in Microsoft Teams App

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bug in Box plug-in for Outlook

There is a bug in the Box plug-in for Outlook - whenever you add a file using the Box plug-in, it removes all the formatting/numbering from the rest of the email. This is quite annoying! Can this be fixed please?

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base