Skip to content

Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1340 results found

1. customize download link

To be able to customize (adding my business name, color, etc.) the download link page/site that my clients are receiving after I email them a shared link.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Enhance feedback when a user unlocks a file locked by another user

There is no warning given if a user unlocks a file which has been locked by another user.

Currently we have users who are locking files, while they edit content in desktop Office apps, but other users are unlocking as they also have to make urgent changes. This is causing a conflict of edits and loss of changes.

If a user, other then the person that locked a file, unlocks a file then there should be a warning message displayed that asks for confirmation before the unlock is implemented.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Bring back pagination

Please bring back pagination! I work with thousands of files and continuous scrolling makes it much harder to search for the last file I was working on. Pagination allows me to view a certain number of files on a page which helps so much when working with thousands of files of data.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Where'd the rollover filenames on web go?

Am I crazy or did I used to be able to see the full file name when I rolled over and held the cursor over a file link? I no longer see tool tips of the whole filename.

Long filenames get truncated visually unless your web browser is wide enough to show them. The only way to see the full filename now is to click the rename pencil and view it there.

This is really inconvenient. Can we have our tooltip filenames back, please???

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. file upload api

Please remove the "/" after 'content' in the "File Upload" API URL from the official documentation. When triggered from Postman, the current API generates HTTP Error 400.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Awful UI problem when adding collaborators

Please fix this awful UI problem: I tried to invite collaborators to a folder, and send a message. I hoped to include my contact info so it would show up in the email. Apparently any sort of URL is not supported in this message box. Ok, fine. But instead of giving me an error message and allowing me to save the last 15 minutes I spent compiling the list of collaborators and writing the message, the box disappeared and AFTERWARDS I got a red message box stating that URLs are not supported in this message box. I lost a lot…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. New Folder Naming

When creating a new folder, can you please adjust the functionality so that the cursor automatically goes into the box "Folder Name"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Change default Account Setting for "Files and Folders Per Page" from 20 to 100

I've been a Box Admin for 10+ years and I've met zero users who prefer to only see 20 items per page. I recommend either changing the default to 100 for everyone or at least allowing Admins to configure that as the default for all users in our Enterprise. When I set up a new users I log in to their account and change this for them as many people dislike the WebApp partly because they have to scroll through so many pages and they aren't aware that they can change this account setting.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. lock reservation function

Currently, we cannot make a reservation to lock the file.
    Customer wants lock reservation function.

Example : If folder owner select lock date to 1/2, User can edit its file until 1/1. After 1/2, user will be not able to edit it.

Use case :If this function was implemented, user can create deadline to editing file.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Bulk Move Items that are not Updated for a Certain Period of Time

We would like to request for a function that automatically moves items which the last updated date is earlier than a certain period.

For example, if there are items that includes personal data, and those items are not updated for a long time, Box automatically moves those items to a different folder, where access is limited to admins only.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Update "Not Part of Company" Text to Look Like a Button

When you share a folder or document with a client who is not a part of your organization they receive an email, they then create a login, they are then sent to a page that says "Company uses your network username and password to login to Box. Continue to login to Box through your network." There is then a Continue button and then text that read "Not part of Company" All 66 of my clients have clicked on the button and not on the text because the text does not look click-able. It would be fantastic if that text could…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add an optional custom message when locking the file

When you lock a file in Box, it would good to add your own message when locking the file as to why you have locked the file. By providing this, you can inform others who go to unlock the file why you have the file locked in the first place and either

a) discourage them from racing through the confirmation dialog and unlocking the file
    b) provide additional context to them as to how much longer you will be with the file

The message is optional so if you don't want to add additional comments, you can still lock the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Right clicking box folders to open a new tab

I would like to be able to open Box folders in a new tab by right-clicking that folder. Several years ago, when I first started using Box, I was able to do that, but for the last couple years that feature has disappeared.

I'm not referring to breadcrumbs. I understand those can be right-clicked and opened in a new tab. Instead, I'm referring to the folders I see before me when I log into Box.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Custom Support information (including displayed text)

Currently, when you edit support information in the Admin Console (phone number, email, support URL), this is displayed in the "Get Help" section but it is, in my opinion, too rigid. For example, the Support Site URL is displayed as "Help center" in the callout and this cannot be changed to match the language we use internally.

It would be great to customize this "Get Help" callout to customize existing items as well as add additional items to help point users to the correct resources e.g.

• Add an item called "Raise a ticket" so users can click a link to…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. add an option to set a password when locking a file

functionality that allows users an option of setting a password when locking a file to stop other users editing would be very useful in our business.
    ideally users would be able to set a time limit and select actions that can/cannot be performed when a file is password locked.
    eg: file cannot be edited/downloaded/copied/deleted/etc..
    option for password protection to be overwritten by system admin would be an essential.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Auto Refresh open files

Need the ability to have file opened via a Box Web folder auto refresh when changes are made to the file from other locations.
    We display a scheduling form on large overhead monitor and need the file to auto refresh So display is updated.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Rename our favourites

Rename Favourites
    It would be useful if we could rename the way we can see our Favorites.
    For example, we want to add in our favourites a folder named "Project XXXXXX, Area YYYYYY, Section ZZZZZ". But we are only working on this project, so we know this is for project XXXXXX, and we would like only to see "Section ZZZZZZ" in the left panel.
    Another example: we want to favourite a document named "Tracker XXXXX" - but we have a lot of favourite trackers with very similar names and we would like to add a nuance (for example: Project ZZZZZZZ,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Only allow users to set shared link expiration up to the Enterprise setting limit

When setting up a shared link in Box, we want the user to be able to set the expiration up to the Enterprise setting, but not beyond the Enterprise setting.

A shared link with a shorter expiration time is more secure but less convenient. The security level varies depending on the content, so it would be desirable for users to be able to set an expiration date below the Enterprise setting.

Managed users set expiration dates beyond their Enterprise settings, allowing content to be accessed for unintended periods of time.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Web App  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Comparing Saved Versions

Box automatically saves versions of documents, but no one in my company can use this feature because there's no way to compare versions of these document (i.e. run redlines).

Example: If I share a Word document with a client and they make revisions, I can see a new version was saved but I have no idea what they changed.

The automatic version saving is an OK tool if I'm the only one using the document, but it's not effective for multiple drafters.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base