Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow users to REPLY TO folder invitations

When I invite a user to a folder, they receive an email.

Today the email subject is:
    My Name has invited you to work together in "Folder Name"
    The From in the email is:
    My email address on behalf of My name <noreply@box.com>

It would be extremely helpful for users to be able to reply directly to the invitation back to me. Instead, the users get an NDR.

We work with several other providers, and their notifications have the reply to: set as the user sending it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Don't use the green info boxes to hide the most likely place I want to click next!

Almost all actions I want to take on a file or folder run along the top of the screen. It is incredibly frustrating that whenever I take an action the green 'confirmation of action just taken' box pops up at the top of the screen in exactly the place I want to take my next action.

Strongly suggest you move the info to the bottom of the screen so it doesn't obscure the next action I want to take.

And please stop asking me to refresh my screen - it auto-refreshes in a matter of miliseconds so this is a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I would like to be able to turn off pop ups in Box

As I open and close files, I get pop ups that I have to close. I have tried to block them with browser settings, but that does not help. I want to be able to turn them off

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Failed login email alerts

It'd be great if the "failed to log in 5 times” email alerts included the time, IP address, location, and what part of Box the user was trying to log in to (e.g. web app, desktop app, FTP, API, etc.) for each of the failed attempts. That’d make it a lot easier to track down any issues on our side, or determine whether there was an internal security issue to investigate. If it could also include similar details about the last couple of successful attempts, that’d also be helpful, just to see if there’s a deviation from a pattern

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Show full path for Box updates emails - new items were added to

Please show the full folder path for the Box Updates emails that alert users that "new items were added to."
    There is no possible business case for showing only the tail end of the path/filename.
    Users might have multiple parent folders with identical subfolder structures, in which case showing only the tail end of the path doesn't allow the user to know which parent folder the update applies to.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Only send notification of FTP login activity after first connection

Currently, a service that connects to Box via FTP every 15 minutes via a cronjob also causes Box to send an email every 15 minutes about a "Box-login from 'Box FTP Server'". It makes sense the first time, but for every new connection, this seems a bit overkill, and leaving the connection open all the time is not always desired either.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Set a ‘notification email’ for a user during the SSO assertion

I know we can add email aliases, but we would like to be able to set the notification address as well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add permissions to a folder without emailing everyone

I'd like to be able to edit permissions directly in a folder without sending and receiving a ton of emails. I have not found a way to do this - even silent mode on the admin account does not allow for this. I think the notifications within Box are sufficient to let people know their folder permissions have changed and if I want to send an email it is easier if I just send a single email outside of Box to all affected.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. real time notification

It would be great if the Box app can display real-time notifications, similar to the Dropbox app. e.g. Tom worked on this file 20 seconds ago.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. View notification activity for items in the item properties details

When viewing the properties of an item, there should be an option to view a history of notifications that were triggered for that item. This would allow people, such as an uploader, to verify that the intended collaborators are receiving the information about the upload, and take action if the notifications are not triggered.

Potentially having an item saying something like "notification suppressed" for those who have the options disabled or if the folder settings are defined to disable notifications would be useful as well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Update removed the ability to view notifications on a single page. You have to scroll through them from the top tool bar. Please add back!

The newest update removed the ability to view notifications (@mentions, etc) on a single page. You have to scroll through them from the top tool bar. This makes these difficult to managed properly. This needs to be added back ASAP!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Forward Antivirus Protection notifications to specific definable email addresses

As of now, only Site Admin and Content Owners will receive notifications from the Box Antivirus protection feature. We would like the ability to send those notifications to definable addresses within our organization. This will ensure our Security Team gets all the proper notifications and not just the Site Admin and Content Owner.

The work around at the moment is to have the Site Owner setup forwarding Rules in their e-mail application.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Custom 401 error message for unauthenticated users

I need to have a custom message shown to unauthenticated users which will show them how to gain access. How can I create this page, or create a redirect to a custom page so my users don't see the ugly error message.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Collaborator Expiration Email: Provide Link to Relevant Documentation

Currently, the email that users receive when a collaborator's access to a folder they own is expiring soon does not provide any relevant links to Box Community documentation explaining collaborator expirations, how to extend them, etc. This creates user confusion as to 1) why the collaborators are expiring, and 2) how to extend the collaborator's access to the folder.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. While we understand your request and agree that additional information in the email would be valuable, this feature is not on our roadmap at this time. Should that change in a future, we’ll post updates on this thread.

15. Notification to BOX Folder Co-Owner(s) when Owner has been removed/deleted

The current behavior in BOX when a Folder owner is removed / deleted from the system is the Folder is no longer available.
    The process, in my experience, to recover the folder is not obvious, quick nor easy.
    I propose the BOX system notify all Folder Co-owners of a pending Folder removal / deletion and allow 2 weeks for the co-owner(s) to determine whether the Folder should be removed from BOX and if the decision is to keep the Folder active to determine the new Owner as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Turn off Collaborator email notifications on Version updates

Many of our collaborators have complained that they don't need to receive the numerous email updates every time minor document versions/revisions occur. Administrators and Owners of a Folder should be able to turn User Alerts both On and Off, when they want to alert recipients that an item's revisions are significant. It is unrealistic and impractical to tell our Executives that they personally have to drill down in their settings and turn off email notifications as an end user on their own device - that should be an Admin Console function.

Admins and Owners should be able to adjust the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to manage all notifications settings at the user level

Our team would love to only receive Box notifications via Teams.

Currently, you cannot turn off some notifications to go to your email, like when someone tags you in a comment.

We would like the ability to disable this manually. Some users would like to have both options.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I am unable to email collaborators because there are more than 500 collaborators in the folder.

Need an option to be able to email collaborators in bulk, regardless of the number. The 500 limit is now forcing me to email collaborators individually.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Notification Alerts

It would be so useful to have a chime or ding when I get Box notifications!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to disable/modify admins receiving ALL collaboration invite notifications

Currently every time someone in our organization shares a file or folder I get an email notification, it gets obnoxious at at times. It seems silly I can't control these notifications. The following need to be able to be turned off,

• Collaboration invitations
    • Collaboration invitation acceptances

In general more control over notifications is ideal, I can't imagine why this would be so difficult. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base