Skip to content

Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

998 results found

1. Reporting on admin 'log in as' feature

For security reasons it would be useful for Box to be able to report on all admin activity, in particular when admins use the 'log in as' feature to view a user's files, so we can see a list of which users 'logged in as' which users and when, to ensure the feature is being used appropriately.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Folder access expiration date for internal and external users access to folders

Add a feature to allow user's access to folders to expire on a pre-set date that can be determined at the time you are adding them as a collaborator. We have various students and interns floating through our department that only need temporary access to certain folders and its become incredibly challenging to go back and remove access on a rolling basis.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I would like to be able to output the print log from the report as well.

The operation log on the box can be output from the basic report, but I think the log when printed cannot be output from any report.
    I would like to see printing added to the report conditions so that we can see who printed it.

<翻訳>
    Box上の操作ログは基本レポートから出力は可能ですが、印刷された場合のログはどのレポートからも出力できないかと思います。
    誰が印刷したか確認できるようにレポート条件に印刷も追加してほしいです。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add a search bar to Groups menu when creating new user

When creating a new user in the Admin Console, it is possible to search for specific folders to add this user to as a collaborator. Unfortunately, there is not a search function for adding users to groups from this New User page, and when these group names are rather long and the full name of the group is not able to be seen in the menu, and when an organization has a large number of groups, it can be difficult to determine which group to add the user to.

Can there be a search bar added for the Groups menu…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Scheduled reports enhancement

Add relative data filter option for reports instead of just absolute dates. For example, report can provide information for selections like, previous day, last week, last month, last quarter, last year, current month, and today. The option to specify specific dates could be listed as custom date range. This would be useful both for ad-hoc reports as well as scheduled ones. It would also be helpful if in the future, reports could be scheduled as reoccurring.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Consistent TimeZone Reporting

Good morning,
    I think it is important that all the reporting is consistent in the way it is generated. Right now there are three linked reports that are treated differently and make more difficult to compare them. Though the underlying purpose is different, it is clear that they are related and it would help a lot that they use the same exact time zone.

These reports are:
    - Platform Activity. Generated by using PST time zone.
    - User Activity. Generated by using the report requester time zone.
    - App Diagnostics. It allows to specify the time but it is based…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Generate report by file type

I want to be able to generate a report of folders and files including the file type for example video, word, excel , ppt...

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Generate a report that show the files versions sizes in BOX

It is important to be able to generate a report to know what is the storage amount that is used by files versions

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Groups - Customizable Permission Settings

None of the 3 permissions options - Company, Group Members, Admins Only - are ideal. Would love to have more options or perhaps a customizable setting where we can select which options to allow.

For example, as the primary admin, I apply groups to root folders and I want anyone shared to that folder to be able to view the group members for any group collaborating on that folder. Only way to do that now would be to set the groups' permissions to "Company". However, I do not want everyone to be able to invite any group to folders, and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Groups - Show the full Group name when editing Members and Shared Folders

When editing Members or Shared Folders for a group, the breadcrumbs at the top show "Group > [Group Name] > Edit Users/Edit Shared Folders". The Group Name is truncated so you can't read the whole name, and there's no mouse-over help text either. Seems like it'd be a pretty simple fix to adjust the font size or rearrange the layout slightly to show the whole group name.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to sort files and folders in user activity report

I want a function that can sort and display the results of folders and files searched from the user activity report.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Enable option for me to have more than one Company Internal Display Name and brand logo

Enable option for me to have more than one Company Internal Display Name and brand logo.

My customer has multiple Box accounts today because we don't offer this. Ideally, they can change the brand based on who is logging in (e.g. if I login through company AAA, then my custom Box brand is AAA.app.box.com, and BBB, then my custom Box domain is BBB.app.box.com).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to do a paid roll up for accounts that have the developer console enabled.

I'd like to be able to do paid roll up for accounts that have the developer console enabled.

Free accounts that currently have the developer console enabled must be demoted to an Individual account and then roll up.
    It takes time and man-hours to rewind after requesting demotion to Box for the account in question.
    We would like to improve the functionality so that roll up can be performed even if the developer console is enabled.

開発者コンソールが有効になっているアカウントの有償巻き取りを出来るようにして欲しい

現在、開発者コンソールが有効になっている無償アカウントは、一度Individualに降格させてから巻き取りを行う必要があります。
    Box社へ降格の依頼をおこなってからの巻き取りとなると、工数や時間がかかります。
    そこで開発者コンソールが有効になっていても巻き取りをおこなうことが出来るように機能改善をを要望します。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow multiple System Email Signatures

Use case of legal requirements/terms for sharing different types of data externally to be able to use multiple System Email Signatures. example: Assign a SES to a 'Footage' root folder where security footage is shared from versus a SES for 'Plans' which have much different requirements to accept.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Even if a group is set as Admins only, Admin wants to invite the group by selecting the folder and click share button.

In the group settings, if Permission Settings is set to Admins Only, Admin can only add this group to collaborate on content from within the admin console. (Invite from share button does not allow Admin to select that group.)

Even if a group is set as Admins only, Admin want to invite it by selecting the folder and specifying the group from the share button.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Additional suggestions for creating reports by specifying keys when creating Box reports

I want to accurately manage the content owned by the tenant's managed users. Currently, I am creating a report of "folders and files" of Box to retrieve data, and the output report is divided into 1 million object units. (My tenant is currently making about 70.).

Since these reports are not sorted and the contents owned by each user are output to a file separately, they cannot be used even if they can be output at the same time. Our company automates report merging and folder sorting, which can take several hours.

As an improvement request, it is requested to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to manage access via a box group

We have several Enterprise Box folders that we want all Box users to have access to as default. It has been a challenge to manage a group of all Box users manually. Would it be possible to have a Box group that automatically updates and includes all Box users so that it can be used to grant access to enterprise wide data that needs to be available to all users.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Update activity report to include password reset (IP & time)

Add the password reset to the activity report or security log so that you know who sent it.
    Logging the IP address and time of day when it was sent will make it easier to determine if it was done by a malicious third party or by the user.

(In Japanese)
    パスワードリセットが誰によって送信されたかが分かるようにアクティビティレポートもしくはセキュリティログに追加してください。
    送信時のログにIPアドレスと時間帯ログにのこれば、悪意のある第三者実施したのかユーザーの手によって実施されたのかの調査がしやすくなります。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to view reports as a group administrator

I would like to see a fix for the error that occurs when a group administrator displays a report.

If you try to view the report as a group administrator, you may get the error message [Unexpected error.] error may occur.
    The current workaround is to run a report.
    We use the report function when we need to take immediate action for recovery, but if we use [Run], which takes a long time to output, the action will be delayed, which is a problem for our business.
    Therefore, we request that the function of displaying reports be migrated to the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Lack of reports on copy operations to external folders

We strongly request the improvement of the display specification when the log of copying an item to an external tenant's folder is output to the report.

In the current specification, when the destination folder is an external tenant, the report only shows the copied file as "External File".
    In other words, we can determine "who" copied "when" and "some file," but we cannot determine "where" and "what" was copied.

We believe this is a major problem in monitoring and preventing information leaks.
    I thought it was one of Box's great strengths that most of the operation logs are stored and…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base