Skip to content

Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

999 results found

1. Enhanced Reporting on Folder Growth

It would be advantageous to see what folders are growing in content from custom periods. This will allow to not only run some analytics on the usage but also ensure that users are storing content in the correct locations.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Bin - Deleted items

Restoration of child files before parent folder is restored.
    Restoring an individual child file when the parent folder hasn't been restored causes issues.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Admin Console

Navigation is poor - design improvements i.e. content manager, ability to move column widths etc

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to revoke admin rights

Our account admin is no longer with the company, and we have no way to 1) revoke their access or 2) reassign their admin permissions. Given the confidential nature of the documents stored in Box, it is vital to have this ability internally. We thank you in advance for your help!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to see activities tied to pinpoints on the Geographic Activities page.

The admin console shows a worldwide map of activities, and lists number of activities by location. It would be very helpful to be able to get more information on the activity (file/user/etc.) as it will help ensure network is secure. (e.g.: should I be asking: "Is an employee on vacation in Kuala Lumpur, using a VPN, or is something else going on.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Let the various moderators compile playlists of videos

That way there is no need to edit and upload joined versions of videos in parts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Re-certify button to confirm someone still needs to be in the folder

When access is about to expire they would like to review the access - could there be a "re-certify" button to confirm someone still needs to be in the folder

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. tracking file activity by user

Is there a way to schedule the user activity report (so we didn't have to wait for it to run)? It took our IT team 30+ minutes to run this for a report from just two weeks.
    Alternatively, are you able to improve your Microsoft Flow connector, so that we could be notified in Microsoft Teams whenever a file is previewed or downloaded; right now the connector that Box wrote for Microsoft Flow only supports the following triggers:
    - When a file is created
    - When a file is modified

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Maximum access rights for external users

We need the ability to restrict external users to a specific permission level or below. I’m proposing an enterprise setting like “Maximum access rights for external users.”

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Report on user logout behavior

Add a checkbox/filter in the User Activity report to allow admins and co-admins to report on when users log out. Currently there's a filter for logins but not for log out actions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The ability to display the number of seats (deleted users) recouped monthly

The ability to display the number of licenses recouped monthly and a total for the calendar year.
    This will help with statistics and utilization

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Email to Box Change Disappointing

Box decided to remove email to folder options for less than business users, with supposed preservation of existing email to folder set ups. That didn't work. The existing email to folder broke, one of our critical business processes was subsequently broken.

1) I did not receive notice of this change
    2) I can't even view what the existing email to folder email address is.
    3) It's a poor move to remove a feature an existing customer has access to. Should have been grandfathered in.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to disable the download button on the root folder of my main shared folder

I am setting up a folder in my account as an external-facing folder of assets. This will be a public folder that anyone can access with the proper link. Currently, I'm in trial of Box and noticed that the "Download" button appears at the root folder of this shared asset folder. I want people to be able to download assets as they wish, but don't want the download button to be at the root folder. I can honestly see myself getting a lot of feedback from people who accidentally download several TB of assets, instead of the individual files they…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. We need a way to administratively remove ALL instances of the per-user installs

We need a way to administratively remove ALL instances of the per-user installs, without resorting to the a VBS login script. In many cases, there are profiles on machines for users that no longer exist, they won’t ever log in to run the per-user removal script.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add an account feature to allow to convert from monthly to annual payment. It is currently impossible or so well hidden I cannot find it.

Add an account feature to allow to convert from monthly to annual payment. It is currently impossible or so well hidden I cannot find it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Custom Applications Scroll

At IBM we have a large number of JWT applications currently whitelisted and we receive new requests for them daily. When we want to whitelist a new application, we have to click through 9 pages of Custom Applications listed in the admin console to Enable the App Authorization.

This makes approving 4 applications a 30 minute process because each arrow click to the nexxt page takes up to a minute to load.

Instead of having arrows to flip between the pages of existing JWT apps, I recommend a scroll bar so we can quickly scroll to the bottom of the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Apply a custom support email address (i.e. support@mycompany.com)

Apply custom email address (i.e. distribution list), rather than defaulting to the Box Admin's personal email address in error messages. This is most prevalent in our organization when users attempt to use apps that are disabled by our policy.

The resulting error message is

"This application cannot be used because it is not allowed by your Box Administrator."

"If you have any questions, please contact your administrator at John.Smith@mycompany.com"

For large organizations, with global offices, and as an enterprise-class application, Box should provide the ability to have a distribution list email address rather than an individual (ex. support@mycompany.com)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Update Shared Link Reports to Stop Security Flaw

Whilst I see this issue was raised a few years ago, I wanted to separately address this.

Currently, from discussions resulting from a support case ticket, when I send a shared link email, there doesn't appear to be a shared link report that includes critical details such as the date the shared link was sent together with at least the email address of the recipient.

The shared link report under User Activities only appears to show actions by the owner of the link and no details of the recipient (i.e. download/access details).

As it appears there is no way that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Content Manager needs bulk folder/file re-assignment tools

If a user changes departments or leaves, must be a way to re-assign files and folders - not just a choice of all owned material to one designated user (if deleting the prior user's account) or update one folder at a time. That is unsuitable for enterprise management.

Might also want to allow login from the support suggestion link before slamming a red bar demanding a sign-in other than the default Anonymous.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Enhance Custom Applications for large enterprises

Concerning "Custom Applications" (Admin Console-->Enterprise Settings-->Apps-->Custom Applications), the limits enforced by Box are entirely too low for a large enterprise.

--The dashboard for Custom Applications shows "22 of 25 App User licenses used". However, I only see 10 listed on the page. When I click the arrow icon to advance to page 2, I then see two more. So I can only view 12 of the 22 apps.

--When I click the 3-dot icon to the right of one of the apps to view the menu of actions, then click one of the actions, the view re-positions to the Box…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base