Skip to content

Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

221 results found

1. box is blocking PSD and PNG files embedded in PDF files

Box is blocking PSD and PNG files embedded in PDF files. The PDF will be uploaded, but the space where the PSD or PNG file should be is blank.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Ability to see (and if permitted, restore) deleted files

Box currently does not have the ability to show deleted files in a particular folder. Only the owner and the user who deleted files will see them in Trash but not by folder. With large numbers of files in multiple folders, this becomes quite unmanageable quickly and relying on the folder owner to restore files is unnecessarily restrictive.

Folders should have an option to see deleted files and if permitted (editor or higher, or a separate permission) allow users other than the owner and the user who deleted files to restore them.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Removing Selected Subfolders

I am a software developer, and I use Box so that I can access my code at work and at home. If there is a folder called Project1 with my solution files in it, the act of opening that solution or building that solution will create both a "bin" and an "obj" folder that both contain several hundred megabytes of data that does not need to be sync'ed. When I stop debugging and change the code to run it again, now I have 2 copies of nearly identical data still being pushed up to the cloud and being downloaded by…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add non-client usage tracking

I often give out links to content in my box.com account. It would be great if you kept track of how often the content was actually accessed. For instance, number of clicks per link per day including whether item was previewed only or downloaded.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to request a bulk download of data sent to us via hard-drive .

Allow us to request a bulk download of our data which Box would fulfill at their technical support center. This would enable us to receive multiple Terabytes of data without bogging down our corporate network or using applications which are prone to download failures. The data would be stored on hard-drives or solid state drives either purchased through box or sent to box to fulfill the request

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow Box folders to be set so that they show memory in each folder instead of the number of files which will help with managing size limit

Allow Box folders to be set so that they show memory in each folder instead of the number of files which will help with managing the total size limit for Box accounts

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. BOX should give us more options to work with subfolder access

When you give the Viewer access to a group of people in the root of a structure, you could work with subfolders by 1) removing some people from access specific subfolders or 2) changing the type of access specific person would have. For example,
    1) I have specific content that should be restricted but need to manage it in a single place. If I try to remove a person from a subfolder, it will remove this person from the whole structure.
    2) I can create a root folder called "Teams" and give everyone the viewer access to it (since the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Freedom to move folders

Content sprawl is our #1 challenge. Please let us organize our folders. We don't want to interfere with the permissions, but I want to have an "Active Projects" folder and a "Project Archive" folder where I can drag and drop those relevant folders in.

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to zip/unzip large files from within Box so transport to/from Box isn't a huge bandwidth or time-consuming issue.

Many folks are requesting or have requested the ability to zip/unzip large files from within Box and being able to view them from within Box so transport to/from Box isn't a huge bandwidth or time-consuming issue. Zipping large files is a must-have in these days of high-resolution images and A/V technology.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Email Upload Limit

The current upload limit for the email listener in Box is 50MB. There should be options to increase.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. API endpoint to return ALL objects (recursively) but simplified to create browser tree

I am using the jstree library in my application to create a full browser tree of a user's BOX resources. Please create an endpoint to return ALL objects (recursive) available to an authenticated user inside one root folder . These objects would only require the object ID, TYPE, NAME, VERSION and PARENT(parent-id as string instead of parent object). The jstree lib can take this data and create an entire file browsing tree and then users would call up more information when they click on an object. This would greatly reduce the number of API calls to your server and possibly…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Custom Subdomain on Upload API Endpoint

When a Box instance is setup to use a custom subdomain, the upload API endpoint should use the subdomain. For example, acme.upload.app.box.com instead of upload.app.box.com. This will make it easy to setup corporate firewall rules that prevent users from uploading content into personal Box accounts

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The ability to have data residency for China to meet "The Cyber Security Law of the People's Republic of China"

The ability to have data residency for China to meet "The Cyber Security Law of the People's Republic of China"

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. separate owned file/folders view from all files/folders view

We need the ability when viewing a users list of files and folders to show only content owned by user. Right now files that have any collaboration at all do not show differently if owned by user or not. Ideally, we could toggle a view filter to show only files/folders owned by user if needed.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. File Shortcuts

I want to be able to have file shortcuts. They are just pointers to a file that can be placed in other folders throughout the file system. This makes it seem like there are copies of the file in multiple folders and all of the copies get updated whenever one gets updated because its actually one file with a bunch of references pointing to it.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We understand the convenience that implementing this feature would bring, but recommend using the existing Bookmarks feature as a more efficient and simplified means for achieving the desired behavior.

17. Global ability to lock all files that are opened

We want all files "locked" when opened so that any other user would be notified that the file is opened by another user and they can look in "read-only" view.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow forward slashes in Box Folder names

Allow forward slashes in Box Folder names

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. We would like to have the ablilty to create two folders in different places within our BOX environment and for these two folder to stay sync

We would like to have the ability to create two folders in different places within our BOX environment and for these two folder to stay sync'd. If we add a file into one folder it is added to the other folder also. If we remove a file from one of the folders it is removed from the other folder. What ever change takes place in one folder is duplicated in it's sync'd folder

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow reorganization of received collaborated folders

I would like to request that all users are allowed, as non-folder owners, to place shared folders inside non-shared folders. This allows for better organization for users and therefore an overall better user experience. All other cloud services that I am a part of allow this.

Example:
    I own the folders "fruit" and "orange." Someone else owns the folder "apple" and shares it with me. Currently, I cannot place the folder "apple" inside of my "fruit" folder. I would like to request this is changed.

Currently, Box permissions (and as it was explained to me, security) does not allow it.…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base