Skip to content

Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1335 results found

1. Metadata Templates for External Collaborators

There is no way for external collaborators to add metadata templates to folders and files. If templates are added for them, they can edit the templates, but they are unable to add the templates themselves.

Allowing external collaborators to add metadata templates on their own would be beneficial to enable collaboration that leverages metadata.

An example use case is photographers who use our Box environment to share image assets with us and would be the best people to classify the images.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Make Sign tab as Homepage in Web app

( Feature Request) Make Sign tab as Homepage in Web app

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Addition of a function to confirm whether or not to overwrite a file with the same name if it exists in the destination folder when a file w

When copying a file from another folder in a Box, if the destination folder contains a file with the same name, a message will appear asking if the file should be overwritten.
    The message "There is a file with the same name, do you want to overwrite it? and if the user selects "Yes", the file can be overwritten.

Currently, the process is: "Add (1) to the end of the copied file"⇒ "Rename the file that already exists" ⇒ "Remove (1) from the end of the copied file".
    However, it is not possible to manage the version history as a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to color code folders per agency within an Enterprise account while in the web portal view.

To clarify/differentiate different agencies/companies under our main Enterprise, we would love to have the ability to apply color coding to folders in order to make it easier for those individuals who have access to multiple companies.

Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Box Embed Should Support Additional Query String Parameters to Show/Hide Content

Box Embed currently uses query string parameters to show/hide certain content, for example "showParentPath" and "showItemFeedActions". For our use-case, we would benefit greatly from expanding the supported query string parameters to hide additional elements from the iframe. Examples include the ability to hide the filename with dropdown menu (including the All Files and Folders hyperlink), the "Download" and "Share" buttons, the arrows that let you navigate between recently viewed files, and the "X" button that allows you to close out of the currently viewed document and be returned to the "All Files and Folders" view.

By supporting additional boolean query…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Disable Preview on Web App

Give users a way to turn off the preview page in the webapp.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Save Sorting Preferences

When using Box in-browser, create a setting to change the default sorting preference. For example, so you can make the default sorting for all folders Name, Ascending. This is not currently an option and means every time you open a folder you need to manually resort it, as the default sorting is always set to Updated, Ascending.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. Do you have a file and folder naming convention you follow that will make the sort by name to be more useful than sort by updated date?

8. Include HTTP Last-Modified / Current Version Header of Direct Link

When you as a web client access to the direct link to a file in Box, the HTTP server responds only
    {...,
    Date=Sat, 09 Jul 2022 02:53:40 GMT,
    Expires=Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT,
    ...},
    which does not include "Last-Modified" information.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. WebApp UI - Ability to collapse left sidebar

New Box layout New Box layout takes up space, reduces visibility and ability to recognize folders/files

Perhaps I am missing something. With the new Box web application, there is now a wide, persistent orange menu in a left sidebar. That menu does not appear to be something that I can hide. I use Box on a laptop with limited screen real estate, and the new sidebar eats up a lot of the space previously available to show data. As a result, my list of folders and documents is squeezed into a smaller space, and I see a much smaller set…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Finding Priority Documents within a Folder that may have a hundred documents

It would help to be able to mark certain documents with a red checkmark as a Priority or Important document and be able to see only those documents that are Priority or Important or whatever you want to name it. Some of our Folders contain a hundred documents or more and it would be great to just see only the documents that have been marked as Priority if that is what the attorneys choose to see rather than the hundred documents.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Move the "Upload, Folder, Word Document, Excel File" option in a folder

Any time I open a folder, my subfolders / files populate below, but after .5-1 second, four of the most annoying boxes in the world pop up above that list called "Upload, Folder, Word Document, and Excel File." This causes all of the subfolders / files to be shifted down so that even when I try to quickly click on one, it will go to the wrong folder because everything has just shifted down. While I often use these options, trying to get from folder to folder is made so much slower and it's insanely aggravating to have to wait…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Web App  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Option to replace new Recents Carousel with older slider view

I would like an option to replace new Recents Carousel with the former horizontal slider view when using a browser on a PC. On a wide screen the older view is a more efficient use of space.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. UI improvements - Download Button

received multiple feedback from users, where their client missing out the button on how to download, ended up they trying to sign up, which not ideal in term of fast pace workflow
    should be making the Download button bigger and colored, so more stands out,
    currently the button a bit hard to notice, but instead the Log In and Sign up superseded the overall view

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Select all the files in the folder and easily move or copy them

I need a feature that allows me to select all the files in a folder (or similar features) and easily move or copy them.
    Because, when we use "Ctrl + A" to select all the files, it takes a lot of time to load all the items, so it's not possible to actually select all the files in the folder with "Ctrl + A".

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Display error when entering unsupported characters when renaming folders and files

When creating a new folder or file, if you include characters not supported by Box (other than Unicode Basic Multilingual Plane characters), receive an error.
    However, when renaming, I can name files and folders using characters other than BMP.
    (After renaming a folder or file, the character will automatically change to "_" after a while.)

Please allow the same error to be displayed when an unsupported character is entered when renaming a folder or file,as when a new character is created.

(日本語)
    <フォルダ名・ファイル名の変更時にサポートされていない文字を入力するとエラーを表示させる>

現在、フォルダやファイル作成時にBoxでサポートされてるUnicodeの基本多言語面 (BMP)以外の文字を入力するとエラーが表示されます。
    しかし、名称変更時にはBMP以外の文字を使用したファイル名・フォルダ名を付けることができます。
    (変更後しばらくすると自動的に「_」変わります。)

サポートされていない文字を入力したときに、新規作成と同じようにエラーを表示できるようにしてください。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. To enhance trash for users who had an access to contents to be able to see them in it

Currently, only owner of deleted content or user who deletes content can see them in Trash. It would be helpful if deleted contents in trash can be seen by all of users who had collaborator permissions (e.g. above previewer).
    This is needed because when a user deletes contents (accidentally), the "non-owner" collaborators have a difficulty of knowing what happens on contents. For some enterprises, content owner is typically a service account so every time this happens we need to find the "culprit" or connect to IT who can access as owner, which is very painful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Option to enforce Box account login on public shared link

Provide an option to require a user to login to a Box account in order to access a public shared link. This becomes useful when you want to record a specific access audit trail but do not have a specific person in mind and therefore cannot invite them as a collaborator

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. □ I want to be able to increase and customize the definition of shared links

□ I want to be able to increase and customize the definition of shared links

What you want to achieve
    ・I want to be able to set the definition of shared links by the administrator.
    ・ I want to be able to specify whether or not to access the link by the domain of the email address.
    ・I want to set a shared link for the created group.

As a business impact, in the case of school use, all faculty members and all students can see it in the "company user" of the shared link.
    In some cases, students may…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add simple editing functionality for videos in Box (e.g. trim or stitch)

Add simple editing functionality for videos in Box (e.g. trim or stitch).

We take a lot of videos. Mostly from Zoom. Sometimes 8 hour learning sessions. Simple stitching or trimming would be valuable. Dropbox has this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Improve messaging when moving folders between owners

Currently in the web app, a co-owner of a folder is able to move that folder to another location with different ownership. It makes sense that this is allowed and I don't want that to change. However, when the user does this action, they are presented first with an error dialog that suggests the action failed. If they click the "Details" button, they then see a confirmation dialog that ultimately lets them complete the operation.

I think a confirmation dialog is appropriate, but it should be presented to the user immediately and not hidden behind the initial error dialog.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 66 67
  • Don't see your idea?