Skip to content

Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

307 results found

1. Allow users to click "Use Template" without automatically creating new documents

When a user clicks "Use Template" - a new version of the document or documents are created regardless of whether a signature request is submitted or not. A user can use the edit template option if they simply want to view it, but there could be many reasons why a user would click "Use Template" and then need to cancel.

The major issue is when clicking "Use Template", Box automatically creates new version of every document that is present in the template which quickly creates duplicate and content sprawl. My request is to make it so new documents are not…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Box Sign  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Aspect ratio of files imported by Box Sign

Aspect ratio of files imported by Box Sign
    When loading PowerPoint or Word into Box Sign, the aspect ratio may be changed and converted to PDF.
    I would like it to be converted to PDF with the aspect ratio of the original file.

<Box Signで読み込んだファイルの縦横比について>
    Box Signで、PowerPointやWordを読み込んだ際に、縦横比が変更された状態でPDFに変換されることがある。
    元ファイルの縦横比を保ったままPDF化されるようにしてほしい。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I want to create a temporary file when using Box Sign templates.

https://support.box.com/hc/ja/articles/4404094944915
    When sharing templates on the above page, we recommend adding collaborators as "viewers". However, if the template save folder and completed document save location are set to "Viewer", the file name cannot be changed.
    If you use this as is, files with numbers such as "(1)" in the template file name will be mass-produced, and visibility will be poor.

I would like to be able to copy the template file to a temporary folder before "sending a request" and be able to change the file name.
    This will prevent unnecessary files from being saved in the template folder if…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Provide a reason when cancelling/deleting a Box Sign request

Provide reason for cancelling a Box Sign request

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to set delegator on Box Sign prior to sending out document to be signed.

The idea is similar to adobe sign where we can assign a delegator to fields which basically means it forces that person to delegate the document for signature. I know box sign already has delegation which is called 're-assign request' but this is not ideal as some of our teams have noticed where people cut corners and sign on behalf of that person.

This way it can be enforced from the get go.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Support for PDF files based on vector graphics, vectorial

Bonjour / Hello,

In our business, we manipulate PDF files based on vector graphics. Box Sign currently does not support these types of files. Even in the case of Box preview, it does not handle the preview very well (on Chrome, the browser tends to freeze when a zoom of 70% is applied). Would it be possible to support these fairly large files (more than A0)?

Dans notre activité, nous manipulons des fichiers PDF basé sur des graphiques vectoriels. Box Sign actuellement ne supporte pas ce genre de fichiers. Même dans le cas de Box preview, il ne le gère…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Using Box Sign for forms

It would be helpful to leverage Box Sign to fill out forms. Currently, Box Sign does not allow for the Sign process to proceed unless a signature field is dropped into the document. We have a scenario where we wanted to have someone fill out text fields with various information as a step before a signature is placed. Perhaps a separate feature called Box Forms which allows those fields to be dropped in and populated onto a document before it gets to Sign?

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I want to create an excel spreadsheet with data from a completed Box Sign document.

Automatically deposit data from completed Box Sign documents into an excel spreadsheet (mailmerge from Box Sign).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Protect completed documents with the security method used at time of signature

While Box Sign allows you to secure a document when sending it for signature (SMS, Password), the document is viewable without the SMS or Password once it is signed. Box Sign automatically sends an email to all parties confirming the completion of the signing process. In that email the link to the completed document is not protected by the same measures as when it was first sent for signature.

In many cases, the document that is being signed contains extremely sensitive information and thus it is best practice for the document to be protected with the additional layer of authentication…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. sign template versioning

The ability to version control Box Sign Templates. Within the life science space you have to be able to prove that a form that was filled in and signed used the latest version of the form at the time of signature.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Increase the maximum number of signatories per document, which is 35.

"Project documents can have more than 35 signatories as these include representatives, endorsers and approvers from multiple business units.  

Use Case: Finance has multiple departments: Revenue, Payables, Management, Accounting but we have 5 companies so that’s 35 and each head of the department. Needs a signature from everyone and not an approval. This is a project requirement."

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Box Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to fix/default country code when requesting two-factor authentication

When BoxSign requires two-factor authentication, there is a dropdown to select our country code.
    I would like a function to fix the country code to save the trouble of selecting from the pulldown each time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Box Sign - Admin Setting "Require Box Login" On by Default

Hi, it would be nice if this feature could be pre-assigned for all signings. We use the function as an additional identification criterion. Most of our signings are between people with Box accounts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Filter "In Progress" Box Sign Requests that are currently pending my signature.

Ability from Filters for Box Sign Request to select ones that are currently pending my signature at that time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. BOX Sign - Creating templates without attaching document

We use BOX sign for approval of signatures in all types of documents. It would be a nice feature to be able to create a template for each approver without having to upload a document when creating the template. The only why I can accomplish this right now is to upload a blank document in the template. Then when I use the template I have to replace the blank document with whatever document that we need approval.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Restrict Box Sign to internal use only

[Request contents]
    Please add the ability to restrict recipients to Box Sign "options".
    I would like the scope of restrictions to be selectable only by internal users and invited users, similar to shared links.

[Background]
    If you restrict Box Sign to internal use only, security incidents may occur without the above features.

(Japanese)
    [リクエスト内容]
    Box Signの"オプション"に受信者を制限する機能を追加してほしい。
    制限する範囲は、共有リンクと同様に社内ユーザーと招待されたユーザのみが選択できるようにしてほしい。

[背景]
    Box Signを社内利用のみに制限している場合、上記の機能がない場合セキュリティインシデントが発生する可能性があるため。

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. "My Sign Requests", "My Canvases" and "My Signed Documents" folders need to be restricted

"My Sign Requests", "My Canvases" and "My Signed Documents" folders are created as private folders technically by Box, without any admin intervention. When using a closed folder structure, these folders can still be used by users to build their own folder structures, as they become the owner of this folder. This counteracts the idea of a closed folder system and represents a massive security gap. Users can then build folder structures and content in our box instance without any control by the admin and share them with external users.

These technically generated folders must therefore be restricted accordingly, or admins…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Turn off the option to upload a signature and only request an actual signature.

We have experiences of people uploading images of driving licenses etc instead of actually signing their esign documents. This is not sufficient for our business, we require an actual signature but we are reliably informed that it is NOT possible to turn off the 'upload' option.... We see this as a very important element.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Show the time in the Date field of a signed Doc

The Box Sign Date field currently only displays the month/date/year. It would be great if it also had a time stamp. Currently I must go into the signing log to see the exact time the signature occurred.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Box Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Box Sign links in "completed" emails are insecure

Box Sign sends an email to a signer (subject "Completed: [name of document]") after all the documents have been signed. This link gives anyone with the link access to the document in question with no additional authentication (e.g. MFA, password, Box login) needed. This link ignores folder or Box Shield settings restricting the use of shared links and cannot be manually removed or expired. Email, without any additional protections, is not considered secure enough for transmittal of certain types of protected information (e.g. patient health information under HIPAA). A bad actor who grabs this post-signing email from a patient who…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base