Skip to content

Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

8173 results found

1. Update activity report to include password reset (IP & time)

Add the password reset to the activity report or security log so that you know who sent it.
    Logging the IP address and time of day when it was sent will make it easier to determine if it was done by a malicious third party or by the user.

(In Japanese)
    パスワードリセットが誰によって送信されたかが分かるようにアクティビティレポートもしくはセキュリティログに追加してください。
    送信時のログにIPアドレスと時間帯ログにのこれば、悪意のある第三者実施したのかユーザーの手によって実施されたのかの調査がしやすくなります。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When moving / copying a file in the web app, allow me to paste a URL for a destination folder

I often interact with box folders via the web app (people send me links to specific files). When moving around files, I find it EXTREMELY HARD to find the destination folder that I want. This especially frustrating when I have that same folder open in a different tab.

In the move/copy dialog, I'd love to be able to paste the URL of a folder, and have box automatically jump to that destination. Searching for "Status Updates" is useless, if, when I search, I see all "Status Update" folders I have access to, and not the one tucked under "Project Pineapple"…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Prioritize "Open with" on document "..."

Reduce the list of when you click the "..." on a document so "Open with" is always shown on the screen. Currently, when you click the "..." next to a specific file it opens a whole list of options from which to choose, including "Open With" which I use a lot. However, recently the list length was increased and now the "Open with," probably the most used function, is pushed off the top of my screen - very annoying. On another note, allow me to post a pic here showing the issue...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to Change Sort Order

I'd like to be able to switch the sort order of folders to descending so I don't have to keep making multiple clicks each time I'm in and out of folders. The default is from oldest to newest, and I'd like to be able to reverse that and keep that as a preference.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Improve imagine viewer quality

Images in BOX are compressed when viewed in BOX, they appear blurry and low quality. When downloaded and viewed in Windows or another viewer, they are fine. WHY IS BOX COMPRESSING IMAGES IN VIEWER??? This is so frustrating. HELP!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Box app uptime and downtime

Need to be able to report on Box uptime and downtime stats monthly, please provide a way to create an alert or a graph report that shows this over a period of time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Enable option to save all emails and email attachments into Box from Gmail and/or Outlook.

Enable option to save all emails and email attachments into Box from Gmail and/or Outlook in a way that cannot be altered. This is important for WORM compliance.

https://blog.microfocus.com/worm-compliance-archiving-finra/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to create & manage smart/dynamic Folders

Based on specified criteria, populate a folder with documents stored elsewhere in Box. For example, we have numerous W-9 forms stored in various places in our Box files. We would like to specify a Smart or Dynamic folder with the criterion of populating it with any of our files that have "W-9" in the name. It is essentially a smart search.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Box Relay support for "move folders to different owners"

We are aware that Box has a recommended maximum number of items owned per owner (1 million items), and it is recommended to divide it into multiple owners if the number exceeds the limit.

Based on the above, our company, which owns more than 100 items, operates by dividing the data into multiple owners.

According to Box's recommendations, it's easy to assume that when you use Box, an action occurs that moves the owner to a different folder.
    We strongly hope that this behavior will be supported even when using BoxRelay, because it would significantly reduce the convenience of BoxRelay…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Enable ability for Admin and/or Co-Admin to view, edit, or take over anybody's account and/or folders, EXCEPT XXX people (e.g. CEO or CFO)

Enable ability for Admin and/or Co-Admin to view, edit, or take over anybody's account and/or folders, EXCEPT XXX accounts (e.g. CEO or CFO) or YYY folders or ZZZ files (e.g. highly sensitive financial information or employee PII).

Right now, it seems like the only Co-Admin privileges are "view / edit / take over everybody" or "view / edit / take over nobody."

https://support.box.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044194393-Granting-And-Modifying-Co-Admin-Permissions#:~:text=View%20user%E2%80%99s%20content,managed%20user%E2%80%99s%20account.

In lots of these cases, my customers have a person who is a technical Admin and then the owner of the company.

They don't want the owner of the company to be the main Admin for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Managed Users - Include column for Date account created.

It would be nice if in the Admin Console on the Managed Users list you could add a column for the Date the account was added. Who created the account might also be helpful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Box Notes only showing first page of multi-page file/document that is attachment

In Box Note, if we hover over to the up arrow this is what it says “Inset Image or File” and when we click on it; there is no option to upload the file except these three options: Upload image from your computer, Insert image from Box shared link, and Insert preview from Box shared link. The up arrow in Box Note shouldn’t be saying insert image or file option before you click on it because it’s misleading and our internal users are getting confused thinking they could and when they click on it, all they see is three options,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Notes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Specify a dynamic port for "OAuth 2.0 Redirect URI”

Following the "LoopbackInterfaceRedirection" specification described in "RFC 8252 OAuth 2.0 for Native Apps", I would like to configure Box to receive the authentication code on an unused free port on Windows and send it to the Box custom app configuration screen (https://app .box.).
    However, it is not possible to specify a dynamic port for the "OAuth 2.0 Redirect URI" in the Box custom app configuration screen (developers/console/app/xxxx/configuration).
    I would like you to specify the dynamic port as per the specification of "LoopbackInterfaceRedirection" described in "RFC 8252 OAuth 2.0 for Native Apps".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Upload DICOM images via File request

I was wondering if it would be possible to send someone a file request link and have them upload with the Ambra DICOM image tool directly instead of having them first upload the files then having to convert them manually after.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Users should be able to set up 2FA on their phones

We invite external users who only have phones. However, we are set up for 2FA. That means these users need to find a computer to login via the webapp to set up 2FA before we can begin collaborating. This is an issue. The mobile interface should allow 2FA to be set up.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

not planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Box for Office plug-in (Recent Files or Folders)

Please increase the number of Recent Files / Folders permitted (currently fixed at 3).
    Personally I can be editing many spreadsheets in a single day, and so this quickly becomes almost useless.
    Ideally allow me to configure this with the optimum number, but just fixing at 10 or 20 would help enormously

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow reporting for workflow activity from a specified date rather then having to run the report on every single document

Allow reporting for workflow activity from a specified date rather then having to run the report on every single document. This would be extremely useful for tracking of how long it takes individual's to complete a task.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to approve comments in PDF view

We work in a newsmagazine. Our PDF articles are commented before being published. Individual comments must be processed individually (sometimes a lot per article). Our revisors would like to be able to mark comments as done.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to select color of comment on document preview

It'd be very useful to have the ability to select the color of a comment on a preview of a document. We have people leaving comments on certain areas of documents and having different colors would allow us to have an overview of comments per user (as we can't filter comments)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Assign tasks through email address or user name

Recommend reaching parody with the block that you put names into for a task assignment and the block you put names into for folder shares. Right now, for folder shares you can put a list of email addresses and it processes them to the appropriate people. For tasks, you need to enter each person by their username one by one.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base