Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When copying a folder with File Requests configured within it, add an option to have the File Request configurations copied as well.

We have a need to setup folders with File Request features for our customers. When we do this manually, it takes a lot of time to set everything up as we need it. We'd like to be able to copy a folder (along with its subfolders) and its File Request setup. This would make any existing setup, like a template, which we can simply copy and rename in preparation for another customer.

Currently, we can only copy the folders with or without contents. But either action does not copy the File Request configurations in the source folder.

Thanks for your…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Admin creates an order for the items in a certain folder and when that folder is shared it stays in that order!

When an admin (such as myself) creates an order for the items in a certain folder, and then that folder is shared, it should stay in that order! I have been coming into serious issues with this situation and I really would like box to be able to fix the glitch. It is very frustrating and I have called and emailed numerous amounts of times complaining about it and no one has done anything. For example, I was in my own account and had 3 things in one folder labeled Promo, Part 1, and Part 2. It was in the…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make entries in boxpulse dated.

Make the entries in boxpulse marked with a date, so we know how old an issue or suggestion is

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Popup

After I edit a file, a green notification popup is displayed telling me I just edited the file. This popup follows me around and prohibits me from clicking links (edit file e.g.) until I close it. While somewhat minor, it is rather annoying to have to close each popup notification, when moving about and editing multiple files. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Box UI Element Open With - Not Supported

Issue:
    Box UI Element Open With Capability is not supported

Customer Story:
    As a customer, I'd like my application users to be able to launch and edit with O365 online directly online.

Summary:
    Currently many customers would like to allow application users to edit MSFT and Google documents within their custom application.

8 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Exclusive control

If someone else is locking the file, like the Explorer (file server), you want to display a pop-up screen of "in use"

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

At this point we have no plans to create powershell specific SDK. However, the Box Command Line utility can be called from within powershell which may be of help. https://developer.box.com/guides/tooling/sdks/cli/

Furthermore there is some good (if a bit dated) information on how to use the Windows SDK from within Powershell here: https://community.box.com/t5/Platform-and-Development-Forum/Automating-box-processes-using-powershell-and-the-box-windows/m-p/50342

8. mkx

Previewing .mkx files for video files.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preview  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Shared links without expiration

It takes 6 clicks (unless I'm missing a faster way) to turn off the expiration for a shared link. Can it be on the first pop-up window when you enable the link!?

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. When user share folder/file to group, please be able to use copy and paste.

When user share folder/file to group, please be able to use copy and paste.

When share folder/file to Group, if group name includes "@" and user copy and paste that group name to 'Invite People', it is judged mail address not group name.
    So, user cannot invite that group.

If user enter group name and select from suggestion, they can invite group normally.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Sharing a Collection

I understand that collections are meant to be a user specific setting, however, it would be great to have the ability to share a collection with a co-worker.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Global ability to lock all files that are opened

We want all files "locked" when opened so that any other user would be notified that the file is opened by another user and they can look in "read-only" view.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core & Technical Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Tag and Metadata support still missing on Mobile?

Hello, new user here evaluating Box.com for several cloud integrations within our company. I am searching the community for info on searching/filtering by tags and/or metadata via the Box mobile apps. I am confused... I am seeing replies back from Box support dating all the way back to 2017 saying that tag/metadata support on mobile is one of the most requested features. Yet neither seem to have been implemented as of Q2 2020? Am I missing something? What is the justification for lack of attention to such fundamental (and highly requested) features for your mobile apps? Whatever the case, it…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. BOX should give us more options to work with subfolder access

When you give the Viewer access to a group of people in the root of a structure, you could work with subfolders by 1) removing some people from access specific subfolders or 2) changing the type of access specific person would have. For example,
    1) I have specific content that should be restricted but need to manage it in a single place. If I try to remove a person from a subfolder, it will remove this person from the whole structure.
    2) I can create a root folder called "Teams" and give everyone the viewer access to it (since the…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Governance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Opening and closing times of your Box

Opening and closing times of Box
    For example:
    Open at 8:00 am and close at 7:00 pm Monday to Friday

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add "new note" to long-press/3D Touch option in iOS Box app.

Creating notes in the iOS app really is clunky. As it seems sa standalone Box Notes app for mobile isn't planned, having an option to "create note" in the long press/3D touch menu would be great. At the moment i don't use Box Notes at all, my quick captures & notes go in Drafts or Evernote.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Deliver Email Notification with the title including the actual folder on upload.

Currently, people get email notification with the title including parent folders when uploading to multiple file even though people upload to child folder. The title makes them a bit confusion and lead to know them there is upload event on parent folder.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to filter events by "Affected" on user activity report

We would like to have the ability to filter events by "Affected" column (currently, user and affected folder/file are only available filter options).
    For e.g., for "Add login app" event, device information is logged in "Affected" column, and so having this filter option will help us identify new login from unintended devices and improve monitoring.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Full text folder paths for new shared links report

Under the new shared links report, the spelled out folder "Path" column is no longer available. Please add this back to make it easier for admins to find content.

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Downloading Multiple Files

Web app needs to make it easier to download multiple files, especially when the list of files spans multiple pages. A checkbox system is the best way to handle this.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 248 249
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base