Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to track metadata template history

I would like to have ablity to track history for metadata templates in user activity report or security report to know who has created/edited/deleted templates, and what has been changed at what timestamp.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Metadata  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Include Comments in the Search Index

Please add Comments to the Search Index. This will make comments more useful and widen the scope of applicable use cases.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Boolean search should generate results as part of type ahead query

Boolean search should generate results as part of type ahead query. Today, we can search for "text AND text2", but it will not generate results until the user submits the full query. This would improve usability.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. File request custom theme transparent logo suggestion tooltip

When putting themes for file request, using logos with existing color backgrounds does not look as clean. It would be great to add a tooltip suggestion to use a transparent logo for the user designing the theme.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. File request custom theme transparent logo suggestion tooltip

When putting themes for file request, using logos with existing color backgrounds does not look as clean. It would be great to add a tooltip suggestion to use a transparent logo for the user designing the theme.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. File request custom theme transparent logo suggestion tooltip

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. File request custom theme transparent logo suggestion tooltip

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. File request custom theme image upload from Box

The File Request theme only allows content to be selected from a local machine. The add image should support the ability to choose content directly from Box.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow RTF files to be opened and edited in MS Word online

Allow RTF files to be opened and edited in MS Word Online

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box for Office  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. We would like Box to have a secure calendar available for office use.

We would love if Box had their own calendar available for office use. I work for a mobile anesthesiologist. We use Box to store patient info/files. Right now we use Google calendar for scheduling purposes, but can't put any patient information on it, as it's not secure. It would be great if Box had a secure calendar that we can use for scheduling. Mostly we would like if we can copy a patient's file to the day they are scheduled, so all of the info the doctor needs for the day is all in one place.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. File sharing to other apps

There should be option in box to export or share a file to other apps instead sharing link. It only provides link option to send file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Partner Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. View notifications in separate webpage

It would be great if we can view all notifications in one webpage the same as you can do with tasks instead of just a drop down window.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I want Capture to upload photos in landscape direction & be able to edit before upload

Would like to be able to edit a photo on capture before it uploads, for example, crop, flip direction, & add text. Similar to what you can do on Microsoft teams when you send a photo thru chat.
    We should also be able to take a photo in landscape mode and have it upload in that direction. Right now if I upload a landscape photo I have to open it on Box and flip it. It's very time consuming.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Capture  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Comment Replies and Thumbs Up/Down

It would be great to give a comment a thumbs up or down and be able to reply directly to someone's comment (ideally showing it indented under the person's comment, not at the bottom of the Activity/comment sidebar). This would help collaboration!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Can't Use Buttons "Under" Green Update Box

Please fix this annoying issue. Currently when I upload a document or rename something, a green update box pops up at the top of my screen. When that confirmation happens, I'm not able to click on anything to the direct left or right of it (i.e. my search bar, more options sometimes, etc.) until it goes away or I specifically click the 'x'. It's like everything is "behind" the update box, and it gets a bit annoying when I'm renaming or uploading several things.

Ideally I'd like to be able to use the buttons/features to the left and right of…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Extension of the "Auto-Delete" Period

The BOX "auto delete" function for folders must accept a period of 100 years. It is currently limited to 85 years and I need to keep some HR files for a period of 100 years by definition of control and security. I request the extension of the term from 85 years to 100 years.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to turn off optional message field on shared link email and add collaborator dialogs

Many customers in regulated industries do NOT like the fact that some email notifications from Box have the ability to enter an optional message that will be included as part of the notification. Because this email bypass the customer email gateway they don't have visibility into what that message is. This feature is a compliance issue and should have the ability to turn it off.

The Box Compliance Email Archive is not sufficient for some customers and that is why one way to solve this would be disabling the feature.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Use customer's own email gateway to send email notifications

Many customers in regulated industries do NOT like the fact that email notifications from Box come from the Box Service with a noreply@box.com email address. The emails that Box sends on the user behalf do not go through a customer's email security or e-discovery system thus it creates problems in regulated environment that need to capture ALL communications between internal users and external customers. Box needs to have a configuration where a customer can configure their own SMTP gateway that Box can use to send email notifications with the proper TO and FROM data so they can better document and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Directly to presentation mode for PowerPoint files when clicking on URLS to box

Box should be able to create a URL that will allow the users to display the power point in presentation mode without extra clicks.

another request is when the user clicks on this link, they cannot click back and look at other files within the same folder.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box for Office  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 288 289
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base