Skip to content

Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

8736 results found

1. Incorrect unsuccessful SSO sign on message.

My company uses Okta for SSO. I went to sign on at box.com. After entering my username, Google Authenticator token, and my password, I received an error message.
    "Single sign-on authentication was unsuccessful (reference #GMSOVUES). with a partner # and a Target resource (I have a screenshot).
    I typed "box.com" into the location bar to start the sign on process again. I entered my username. Boom, I was logged in. Thus, either the error message was incorrect, or Box has larger security problems.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Make deleted comments on a file recoverable.

It is very simple to one-click Delete all the comments on a file. Please allow the ability to restore and/or recover comments either separately or in the version history of the file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Updated retrieval of invitation logs from external tenants

If you get a log by user name, you can see which tenant you received an invitation from, but if you set the acquisition target to an administrative group, you will not know which tenant you received the invitation from. Even if you designate a group, I want you to know where you received the invitation from.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Retrieving usage logs for external tenants

I want you to be able to upload and copy files outside the tenant as well as logs inside the tenant.
    Currently, we can see the file ID, but we don't know the file name or which tenant stored the data.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When using Box Relay as a trigger for a "file request" file that requested login

Send an email notification to the "user who started the workflow", but that email address cannot be used on any other relay, but if you change the file name from then on, that email address will be used to send the file to the person who submitted it. I would like to rename my email address.

「ワークフローを開始したユーザー」にメールで通知を送れが、そのメールアドレスは、それ以外のRelayでは使えないが、それ以降のファイル名を変更するで、そのメールアドレスが使って、ファイルを提出者のメールアドレスにリネームしたいです。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Admin Insight CAD file breakdown

I would like to see the breakdown of actual CAD file types in the Admin Insight "File Types"

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. SSO Supersede Box PW Reset

Currently, it is considered "expected behavior" for Box that when SSO is required (per Enterprise Settings), the Box Password Reset is to be enforced before users are able to login via SSO again. So the Box PW Reset supersedes SSO until that request is fulfilled. This is confusing logic and should be reconsidered. If SSO is required for all user's login attempts, users with Box Passwords should not be required to reset their Box Password before being able to login via SSO. They should still be able to login and just have an outstanding task or something of the sort.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. offline files and selective sync

I would like to see the ability to mark files and folders for local or offline storage. Currently box drive allows for only the folder to be marked offline or downloaded locally. When I don't need to have a file downloaded anymore there is not a way for me to mark them offline. I have tried marking the folder offline but that doesn't work to make the files I want offline. Additionally, this would cause all files that I do want locally to become offline. Dropbox currently has the ability to selectively sync the files and or folders that I…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Notification pop up to be constrained to its bounding box

The notification popup takes the entire width of the screen when it appears, stopping you from clicking the search box, this really needs to be constrained to the bounding box of the notification itself, rather than taking the entire width.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. External collaborators last log in

I would love a way to see the last time an external collaborator logged in. We share a lot of files and dont have way to see whose accessing them regularly

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Refrest button for shared link so it refreash the link.

Refresh button for shared link so it refresh the link.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Creating Custom Reports for all category's.

Need to be able to custom create reports. Being able to choose from different category's like shared links, user activity, and user status.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Default Setting: Invisible Collaborator List for External Users

Exposing the list of users collaborating on a folder to users from other companies could lead to a personal information leak. In the future, we would like to make the collaborator list invisible to users outside the company by default. We hope that this will be improved.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. zip file decompression function

Zip files cannot currently be unzipped in Box.
    We would like to add additional functionality because it would reduce the risk of virus infection and improve user convenience by allowing users to unzip Zip files in Box without downloading them.
    It would be even better if you could also support Zip files with passwords.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Need to see a setting button added to the Box Mobile shooting mode screen to "select photo quality"

When capturing photos directly for inclusion in Box Notes, the high camera performance of the iPhone results in large file sizes for each individual photo.
    As a consequence, it takes a considerable amount of time for photo to be displayed(uploaded) within the Box Notes.

To address this issue, I would appreciate it if the option to "select photo quality" could be extended to the camera capture mode as well.

Currently, the option to "select photo quality" is available only in the continuous capture mode.
    By enabling this feature in the standard camera mode, users would have the flexibility to adjust…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. waterfall

I would like to add or enhance to the waterfall folder permission settings
    As it stands today due to waterfall permission, anyone who has access on the parent folder will have access to all the subfolder inside it and currently.
    I would like to please request that there be an option that we be able to create sub folders or parallel folders where we can edit the viewers to just our office internally. Reason being is sometimes when we are in the middle of projects our internal office needs to colloborate or do other things that we don't necessarily want…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. BoxSignの署名者の本人確認強化について/ Strengthening Identity Verification of Signers of BoxSign

We recognize that BoxSign is a very convenient function because it allows the signer's workflow to be completed on Box, but we have determined that it cannot be used in actual operations because it does not provide sufficient assurance of the signer's identity.
    As described in the following website, signer authentication can be added, but it must be configured individually on each workflow, and we believe it is very risky to leave the configuration to the user.
    https://support.box.com/hc/ja/articles/4406861109907-%E8%BF%BD%E5%8A%A0%E3%81%AE%E7%BD%B2%E5%90%8D%E8%80%85%E8%AA%8D%E8%A8%BC

Therefore, we would appreciate it if you could improve the functionality so that the following parameters can be restricted in the Enterprise…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Box Shield Alert for Anomalous Deletion of Folders or Data

We would like an alert to be created if a user deletes an anomalous amount of data. We recently had an employee leave the company under bad terms and found that before we could let her go, she had deleted a bunch of folders from Box. We were able to recover them, but this would be an indicator (much like anomalous download alerts) that something is up with this employee and we should be digging in deeper.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shield  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Box Sign to provide multiple languages in the application

For Sign to provide multiple languages natively in the application, rather that having to use a translator to send multi-language requests.

This would help in international markets where specifics languages are being used and require the form to be run through a translator.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to rotate multi-page TIFF files in Box Preview

For scanning use cases, Content is typically scanned into Box as a TIFF file that can have multiple pages. For review purposes, it would be great to have the ability to rotate individual apges of the TIFF file if they were scanned incorrectly. Otherwise, end users have to download the multi-page TIFF file to rotate files. For our use case, downloading files to local disk should be avoided because of the sensitivity of the files.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preview  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base