Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. My Collections on Box Drive

Just wondering you may develop 'My Collections' function on Box Drive.

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We are looking at how to improve content sprawl on Drive. We will be considering Collections as a possible path (among other options), but don’t have a change planned in the near-term.

2. Can't Use Buttons "Under" Green Update Box

Please fix this annoying issue. Currently when I upload a document or rename something, a green update box pops up at the top of my screen. When that confirmation happens, I'm not able to click on anything to the direct left or right of it (i.e. my search bar, more options sometimes, etc.) until it goes away or I specifically click the 'x'. It's like everything is "behind" the update box, and it gets a bit annoying when I'm renaming or uploading several things.

Ideally I'd like to be able to use the buttons/features to the left and right of…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Collaboration Allowlist - Ability to Download and Sort

On Admin Console enterprise settings > collaboration allowlist the domains are not in order and there’s no good way to search it. When you have more than 20 domains it becomes unusable for anything but adding. Need ability to sort/filter as well as export allowlist details.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Capture time spent on the Box Resource

Time spent on the Box Resource

We would like to get information on the amount of time spent on a particular resource(viz like pdf, ppt etc). We looked into the api documentation and could not find this info.

when a user views a certain resource we want to log the time the user spent on the resource.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Watermark of PDF and Excel files

We are not able to use watermark of PDF and Excel files on mobile devices such as iPhone and iPad. We would like to use this feature.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

on roadmap  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Require approval when sharing content with a business justification

Current access policy allows for external collaboration with a valid business justification, but we would also like to have the admin or folder owner approve the request to share externally, before the collaboration is sent. The current design doesn't allow for any validation and could potentially lead to content being shared with a restricted audience. Once the exception is approved, the collaboration could be set.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Shield  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enhanced Locking Experience on Box Drive for Mac

With Enhanced Locking on Box Drive now launched for Windows (https://support.box.com/hc/en-us/articles/360063653693-Box-Drive-v2-21-Release-Notes), it'll be great to have the same experience, i.e. opening a file will prompt the user to lock the file and auto-unlock the file when closing the file, for Mac users.

This way all users, no matter what OS they use, can have the same Enhanced Locking experience when working with files via Box Drive.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enhance User Details Report to indicate storage used in 'Bytes'

Show the storage used in Bytes in User Details Report:
    When we run the user details reports from the admin console, we notice that there is users showing as owning 0 amounts of storage, however when we look at the account manually, we can see that they do own content in their accounts. The User Details Report shows storage used in MB. We need to be able to report accurate metrics on the usage of Box across our departments on storage used.
    We are recommending that the Storage Used column please be measured in Bytes so we can accurately determine…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Template for publishing to specific groups in Box Relay

The only templates in Relay are company templates and My Templates.
    Our company has templates that we want to publish for each group, so we would like you to provide the ability to publish templates to groups.
    (In Japanese)
    Relayのテンプレートは、会社のテンプレートとマイテンプレートしかありません。
    我々の企業ではグループごとに公開したいテンプレートが存在するため、テンプレートのグループ公開機能を提供してほしい。

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Send a notification regarding document lock/unlock timing

For teams that are actively working on a single document, the lock/unlock feature is nice to prevent version control issues. However, it would be nice to have additional notifications are this feature, namely:

• "Notify me when this file is unlocked"
    • "Warn me [the person who locked the file] when the file lock is about to expire"
    • "Warn me [the person who locked the file] if I've left the file locked AND inactive for more than X minutes"

Etc.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Improvements on output of collaboration report

There is a time lag in the output of the collaboration report.

There is a 24-hour time lag since the recent revision.
    I would like to see improvements so that the content of the collaboration report is reflected in real time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. <Ability to set date and time variables for files/folders in Box Relay.>

When multiple folders/files with the same name are created (newly created/copied) on the same day using Box Relay's folder/file actions, the current specification makes it impossible to determine which item is the latest.
    Please insert a date/time variable such as "yyyy/mm/dd hh:mm:ss" in the item name so that we can know when the folder/file was created.

<BoxRelayのファイル/フォルダに日付と時刻の変数を設定する機能>
    Box Relayのフォルダアクション/ファイルアクションで同じ日に複数の同一名称のフォルダ/ファイルが生成(新規作成/コピー)された場合、現状の仕様ではどのアイテムが最新のものか判断がつかない。
    いつ生成されたフォルダ/ファイルかわかるように、アイテム名称に「yyyy/mm/dd hh:mm:ss」のような日時変数を挿入してほしい。

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Child Sexual Abuse Material

Apple's recent announcement of measures taken to improve child safety (https://www.apple.com/child-safety/) have raised an important concern about content stored in Box and what measures we can take as an enterprise to address it. While there does not appear to be anything that we can do at this point, perhaps adding a feature in Shield that provides MD5 pattern matching (similar to known malware scanning) that would allow administrators to be alerted when this kind of material shows up in their Box instance.

Background on the issue: https://www.missingkids.org/theissues/csam

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Feature that allows end users who are collaborating on a folder to see information about deleted items

If someone accidentally deletes a folder or file, it needs to be recovered as soon as possible because it will be completely deleted within a certain period of time.
    However, by the time the end user realizes that the item has been deleted, it may already be too late and the item may have completely disappeared.

The sooner the end user can confirm the information about the deletion, the sooner it can be dealt with.
    Reports should not be easily exported by end users, but should be able to be checked promptly by other means.

Please add a feature that…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. starts with, ends with, contains in metadata search

We have quite a large number of folders and files for a specific application in Box. To filter results, we'd like toi be able to use "Contains", "starts with" or "ends with" in the metadata search fields

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Metadata  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to create/upload a form-fillable type template in Box Sign

We find that Box Sign is rather "skinny" and lacking in full basic features, as found in Adobe or DocuSign...and it takes 5x longer to prepare a sign request! We need the ability to create/upload a form-fillable type template with the fields already set up and ready for the recipent to complete,, with the ability to ALSO upload additional documents to go with the template; Holy moly, you must fix the ability to upload more than one document!! If we want to send a personal cover letter, with a template, no can do. Seriously.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Box Sign Template Edit Underlying Document

My customers who use DocuSign today are accustomed to applying a Signature template to a document. For example, I have a contract I am going to make edits to the language of the contract, the date, the dollar amount, etc. and then apply a signature template and send it off.
    In Box today, I've found that you can either use a template (but the underlying document cannot be changed) or you can utilize template tags via API (which are handy, but I imagine my less tech savvy clients would find them challenging to set up).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Open file from UI Elements without approval

Ability to open a file from UI Elements Open With with Box Edit without being prompted to Approve/Deny to proceed.

Currently, every time a file is opened from UI Elements, Box Edit displays the prompt and asks the user to Approve/Deny before the user can start locally opening and editing the file. This adds friction to user experience, and we want the option to not display this prompt and auto-approve the file open from UI Elements

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add auto-lock/unlock feature in Box Drive or provide a configuration tool

Add auto-lock/unlock feature in Box Drive or provide a configuration tool

In Box Drive v2.21, it is possible to enable the ability to automatically lock/unlock files when they are opened in Box Drive by modifying the registry.
    However, it is difficult for end users to modify the registry, so we would like to see Box Drive include the feature to automatically lock/unlock files, or provide a configuration tool (such as a batch file for registry modification) to modify the registry.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow Marking Folders as "Move Locked" To Prevent Users From Moving Certain Folders Regardless Of Permissions

Our admins are constantly dealing with users who accidentally drag and drop folders into other folders. This can have a big impact across our org, especially when a high level folder that's shared across the company is moved. Here's a common use case:

We have a top level Projects folder. That folder contains a subfolder for every organization we do business with. Those Organization folders then contain subfolders for individual projects. We'd like to be able to mark the Organization level folders as Move Locked so that our users don't accidentally move folders from one Organization into another. This happens…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

researching  ·  3 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base