Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Folder colors

In Box it is not very easy to see what foders are shared externally. There are small globe icons on the collaborators, but if that list is too long, the external collaborator might not show up.

Apart from that: the list of collaborators is not visible in Box Drive.

Box should introduce a new Folder type (different color, different icon) to show that information in this folder is shared with external collaborators. This functionality should be available across all clients (Web, Drive, Mobile).

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the suggestion. We currently do not have this planned on our roadmap.

Please keep the feedback & use cases coming to help us prioritize this in the future!

2. Notifications from Box Relay aren't very useful without linking back to the file or folder

Relay is a great tool - but the Notifications aren't very useful. There is no way to link to the actual file or folder that is involved, so the user gets a very nebulous notification that is basically meaningless. Instead of being helpful, it could actually cause confusion for the user, if there are multiple activities happening at the same time.

Please update this functionality! Thanks!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Being able to search through files by the date the file was created (in the metadata)

A feature I've wanted many times now, and would love to see implemented, is to be able to search through my files with the filter of Date Created (regarding the creation date of the file in its metadata), not just the date of when I uploaded the file.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enhanced Locking Experience on Box Drive for Mac

With Enhanced Locking on Box Drive now launched for Windows (https://support.box.com/hc/en-us/articles/360063653693-Box-Drive-v2-21-Release-Notes), it'll be great to have the same experience, i.e. opening a file will prompt the user to lock the file and auto-unlock the file when closing the file, for Mac users.

This way all users, no matter what OS they use, can have the same Enhanced Locking experience when working with files via Box Drive.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. About the uppercase / lowercase letters of email address at the time of invitation

■Request
    I would like to set an account to be recognized as a registered account regardless of uppercase / lowercase letters of the email address.

■Background
    When specifying a collaborator, if I specify a managed user whose email address contains uppercase letters, in lowercase letters only (or vice versa), the globe icon may be displayed (= displayed as an unmanaged user).

In the Collaborator list after the collaboration is completed, it is automatically corrected on the Box side, and the globe icon does not appear.
    However, by displaying a globe mark when specifying a collaborator, it may cause confusion that…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add option to cancel workflow

Currently there is only delete option to stop the workflow.
    Workflows are stalled or stacked as in progress sometimes. We want to assign similar task manually or re-assign the same task to complete the workflow in time.
    But it will cause duplicated tasks assigned unexpectedly or file operation (move or copy etc.) is executed twice. This is very confusing.
    So we want to cancel the existing workflow before manual workaround.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Addition of function to output in file format (PDF etc.) where log cannot be edited

Please add a function to output the log in a file format that cannot be edited (PDF, etc.) to Box.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Addition of a function that can search the execution status of tasks under a specific folder

Please add a function to Box that can search the execution status of tasks under a specific folder.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. File size limits for File Request uploads

We have tried using the File Request to encourage our supply chain to upload files directly to our filing system on Box instead of using unathorised file transfer services, however it frequently fails due to file size. I note in the FAQ that the maximum file upload size is limited by that permitted by the content submitter - it would be more useful if the file upload size was based by that permitted by our account as the organisation requesting the file. As the File Request service also doesn't permit uploading of folders, this often means our content submitters have…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Store all generated Box Reports into a Single Shared Folder for the Enterprise

Need a common folder in the enterprise to store reports generated by box by admins and various co-admins. This will reduce the load on the box platform as well as it will significantly reduce duplicate runs. One such way to do this would be Instead of creating new "Box Reports" folder under every user who runs the report enhance the report generation feature to module to look for a folder name "Box Reports" and if exists then upload the reports there. Alternatively make a it an enterprise setting where admin can pre-designate a folder where all generated reports will be…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. When inviting a user with a secondary address, please show them in the collaboration list with the email address (secondary address)

Currently, when you invite a collaborator with a secondary email address, the primary address is displayed in the collaboration list.
    However, when you invite someone with a secondary email address, I would like to see the secondary address you invited displayed in the collaboration list, instead of the primary address.

If the address is different from the one you invited, it will be confusing if the inviting party doesn't know the primary address.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

現在はセカンダリのメールアドレスでコラボレータを招待した時にプライマリアドレスがコラボレーション一覧に表示されます。
    しかし、セカンダリアドレスで招待した際、コラボレーション一覧にプライマリアドレスで表示されるのではなく、招待したセカンダリアドレスを表示してほしいです。

招待したアドレスと違う場合、招待した側がプライマリアドレスを把握していないと混乱するためです。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Available get to 'My Collections' other than favorites via API

In 3rd-party app, My Collection is a very good idea as a way to provide quick access to users.
    But, it can only take favorites.
    Please let me get 'My Collections' other than favorites.

https://developer.box.com/reference/get-collections/
    Currently, only the favorites collection is supported.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Access policies for individual folders

Would it be possible to set up access policies that can be applied per-folder instead of by Classification label?

We have Ethical Walls and security concerns where we need to prevent sharing of files of Client A with Client B and also with preventing individual users from being shared folders.

One way to do this would be classification policies - but I have far more clients than the twenty five label limit.

The way around this would be to allow access policies by folder, regardless of classification, as well as the Box-wide access policy for unclassified content.

Client A -…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Shield  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Preview files about xdw, xbd and xct in Box for iOS.

Please support xdw, xbd and xct files in Box for iOS.

Box for iOS can preview files supported by Box, such as PDF.
    However, Box for iOS can not preview xdw, xbd and xct files (*1) for the following reasons.

DocuWorks Viewer Light (iOS) (*2) implements Quick Look Preview Extension.
    Thus, an app can preview xdw, xbd and xct files if the app implements QLPreviewController.
    Although Box for iOS has already implemented QLPreviewController, previewing xdw, xbd and xct files are not supported by Box.

*1)
    a) DocuWorks Document
    extension : xdw
    MIME type : application/vnd.fujixerox.docuworks
    b) DocuWorks Binder
    extension :…

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

not planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Preview  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. cascade

Box needs to add the cascade option to all Relay triggers to catch activity in underlying subfolders. The alternative is having to create several relay workflows that is too cumbersome to manage and doesn't scale.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I want to select multiple users from the collaborator list and delete all the collaborators at once.

I would like to add the ability to select multiple users from the collaborators list and delete collaborations in bulk.

Currently, in the Box folder, you need to select the permissions of each user from the collaborators list and select one user at a time.
    Example: Editor → Delete

This takes a lot of time when there are a lot of users, so we need a function to delete them all at once.

If there are a lot of department transfers within the company, the folder administrator has to do this every month for security reasons for each user.

If…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow custom Shield classification order

As a user, when I apply a classification, I want to see them in order of sensitivity, as opposed to alphabetical

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Shield  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Really need a better way for individuals to organize folders on their Box Drive

I see some ideas under consideration, and amazingly adding Collections to Box Drive is not one of them. Box Drive urgently needs a better way for individual users to organize contents without affecting the online heirachy for everyone else

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Control managed user external collaboration to webmail accounts

Setting that allows admin of corporate instance to control/limit managed users being collaborated into personal Box webmail accounts. This would be a setting to control/limit an outside Box webmail user collaborating a corporate managed user into its personal account.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Users and Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please add Linux to the support for Box.

【Background】
    As we use many Linux servers, the total size of the log files is also large.
    Please add Linux as supported, as we want to save the log files stored on the Linux server to the Box.

【Request】
    Box does not support Linux.
    In the past it was possible to access the Box via WebDAV, but this is no longer supported.
    Please add Linux to the support for Box.
    It would be preferable if it could be mounted like WebDav.
    If the folder on the Box can be mounted on Linux, the application can simply change the specification of…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core & Technical Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base