Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Grid view for specific folders

Have owner/co-owners enforce grid view for specific folders for a better visual user experience

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Syncing bookmarks and Windows shortcuts between Box Drive and online.

To better organize my personal Box files and share with teams, I've saved my files in the team folder and used a Windows shortcut (in Box Drive) in my personal Box folder to link files/folders elsewhere on Box. Box Drive doesn't sync Window's shortcuts so these links are lost when working online. The workaround online is to use the bookmark function, using file/folder URLs to create shortcuts. It would be great if bookmarks or window's shortcuts synced between online and Box Drive modes. At the moment I'm having to bookmark online and shortcut on Drive to link up files and…

36 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Send notification after approved/rejected status change

To improve the real-time collaboration (Task activity) within each team and the team members. Automated notifications sent out to team members indicating the APPROVED/REJECTED status would help). Presently the Team leader and members use the COMMENT feature to keep the team informed. I want more automated notifications as changes occur.

7 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remove shares no longer available after the owner was deactivated

We deactivated one user who retired. The folders he owned disappeared in Box Web for the shared users but they didn't disappear in Box drive, so users could still create files which were not saved in Box.
    Could deactivated shares be updated very quickly in Box Drive to avoid that behavior please?

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Increase the maximum number of Shield Classifications beyond 25 so that we can classify each clients content to prevent mis-sharing

I would like to see the ability to add Shield Classifications per client - with the appropriate access policy (restricting to client email domain) we could avoid any possibility to overshare when inviting the wrong clients into a folder or sharing a shared link - There is a maximum number of classifications of 25 so could this be extended to facilitate this use case/control.

20 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shield  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sort Content preference saved

In the old UI, you can sort by name or updated ascend/descend and the preference retains as you traverse the folders. In the new UI, the default is sort by updated and reverts after you change the sort order and traverse the folders.

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Get documents into and out of Box Notes from other formats

My organization likes Box Notes for their online-collaboration support. But when we have existing documents, we can't get them into a Box Note. And if we want to get them out, we can't do that either.

Add import and export support to Box Notes. I'd be delighted with Markdown, but my organization can work with just about any open format. Or publish your own proprietary format. XML or JSON, we don't care! Just make it possible to get documents into and out of Box Notes.

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Box Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to notify specific email address after users upload file via File Request.

Ability to notify specific email address after users upload file via File Request.

9 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback, we are exploring requirements to provide a “confirmation” both for the recipient and for the submitter. In the meanwhile a user can use Relay Lite to assign a task to a particular user when a file upload comes in OR use the folder notification settings to be notified when a file upload takes place. Hope this helps!

9. Sort search results alphabetically

AS A Box User
    I WANT to be able to sort search results alphabetically (currently relevance and updated are the only sort options)
    SO THAT I have more options for sorting search results to locate the files and folders I am looking for

12 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. We want to be able to filter by specific metadata template and attribute value at user activity.

We want to be able to filter by specific metadata template and attribute value at user activity.

By setting the metadata that means the confidential level to the folder and assigning the metadata in cascade, we can track the subsequent access status of the objects placed under the target folder.
    By tracking the activity of files with specific metadata (such as sensitivity level), we can detect data usage and security issues.
    By using such a method, we can detect security problems that could not be detected in the past, such as image data that is difficult to detect with DLP.

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Metadata  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Dark Mode Option

I think it would be nice to be able to either turn on a Dark Mode when I'm in a browser at Box.com or, have an option to select a different background color.
    Just one of those folk who have a time with bright white light ..

43 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion. This is not currently planned for development. We will let you know if anything changes. Please continue to share your use cases in the comments.

12. Allow configuration of permissions to apply and change each classification created

To apply or change a classification, select "Owners/co-owners and editors" in the classification settings, and then click Users with editorial privileges or higher can apply and change the classifications.
    However, by implementing a feature that allows configuration of permissions to apply and change each classification created, the Security can be enhanced.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Shield  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Folder path under Trash

Under Trash, please add "folder path". If there was a bulk delete of many files in a folder, we want to confirm the file belongs in the folder path, before we restore the files.

25 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Box Relay Lite email notification

The current behavior of "Box Relay Lite" is that workflow creator gets the approval notification.

The The expectations from us is that a notification email of the approval result will be sent to the approval requester who uploaded the file to the specified folder.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to use Box embed widget on separate Salesforce apps (such as "Sales Console")

Ability to use Box embed widget on separate Salesforce apps (such as "Sales Console")

Salesforce has features like "Sales Console" that has a different UI/UX than what Box for Salesforce integration currently supports, and Box embed is not behaving correctly within those apps. We would like Box for Salesforce to support the apps of this kind.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Partner Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Cannot Search from Box app "Favorites" of iOS (iPhone/iPad)

Cannot Search from Box app "Favorites" of iOS (iPhone/iPad)

After updating the Box app on iOS (iPhone/iPad) to version 5.1.3, the search icon (magnifying glass) disappeared from the top right of the "Favorites" screen and search is disabled.

Requesting for the improvement of the function so that search function is enabled from "Favorites" screen just like in version 5.1.2 of Box application.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. View Tags in Collections

The organization heavily uses tags to help with search and sorting. We'd like to have our Tags show on files folders/files when looking at a Collection

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Send in-app notification for failed bulk move/copy.

Box Notification on account (not email notification) for failed moves.

When copying or moving a large numbers of files, sometimes those moves fail.

We would like to be notified about files that failed to copy or move

8 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Tale over the settings in shield trial mode

Currently, the trial mode classification and settings will disappear at the end of the trial period.
    If we have a Shield contract, we would like to take over its classification and settings.

By eliminating the need to set them up again in the production environment, we can make a smooth transition.

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Shield  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Smaller icons for Box Drive on windows

The "status" icons on folders/files in Box Drive cover up 80% of the thumbnail for the file (or folder itself). This happens when explorer is set to list or details view.

This makes scanning a folder with many documents for a particular file type extremely difficult, as there's not much visual distinction between excel, word, and ppt docs when they're all covered by one of the Box Drive syncing status icons. The PPT/Excel/Word logos are completely covered with just a vague hint of color peeking out.

It would be ideal to figure out some way to make these icons smaller,…

139 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base