Skip to content

Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

8737 results found

1. File sharing to other apps

There should be option in box to export or share a file to other apps instead sharing link. It only provides link option to send file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please add a button to switch between 'available', 'Add by Default' and 'Never show' for "the items displayed in this Box web app".

In the near future (2021 7/15 JST) there will be an update to the user app settings in the Box web app.
    Once this update is in place, applications that are 'available' in the app settings of the management console will appear in the Box preview screen.

While we are very happy about this, we do not want to confuse end users with this update.

We would like to see only the applications that are set to "Add by Default" on the screen as now, and not the applications that are "Available".
    Please add a button to switch between 'available',…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I want Capture to upload photos in landscape direction & be able to edit before upload

Would like to be able to edit a photo on capture before it uploads, for example, crop, flip direction, & add text. Similar to what you can do on Microsoft teams when you send a photo thru chat.
    We should also be able to take a photo in landscape mode and have it upload in that direction. Right now if I upload a landscape photo I have to open it on Box and flip it. It's very time consuming.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Capture  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Include device identification in Device Trust logs

We think it would be valuable to be able to identify a specific device failing Device Trust. Either MAC address or computer name would be useful. Computer name would be the preference.
    This to positively identify the device end users are using to connect. As we were implementing Device Trust we ran into numerous situations where end users were connecting from multiple devices and not transparent with us that they were using multiple computers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Enable e-mails to save to Box folders

I need to save an e-mail to my my files that have been recently migrated to BOX but I can't because BOX is NOT an option to save something into. How do I save e-mails to BOX folders when BOX folders are not an option to save something into?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Directly to presentation mode for PowerPoint files when clicking on URLS to box

Box should be able to create a URL that will allow the users to display the power point in presentation mode without extra clicks.

another request is when the user clicks on this link, they cannot click back and look at other files within the same folder.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. relay in progress view showing too many tasks

Box lacks a dedicated way to see what tasks require my immediate attention.

Tasks "in progress" show all tasks I haven't worked on, plus all tasks that my (former) colleagues have not yet finished. As we have some group tasks that not all colleagues respond to, the list of tasks is getting very long and makes it very hard for me to organise my work.

A dedicated view "my open tasks", holding only the tasks that require an action for me, would greatly help.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make sync actually work correctly and reliably

Box seems to have abandoned any effort to improve sync. It has the same problems that it had 5? 6? 7? years ago. It takes forever to sync. It consumes huge amounts of CPU. It gets hung up all the time. A former associate who was friends with an employee of Box once (about 5 years ago) complained to the friend about the problems with sync. The employee's response: "use sync less." That appears to be Box's strategy: they don't fix the problems with the program; rather, their advice is use the program less. That's pathetic. Fix your software.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Sync  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Option to have an approval that’s only visible to a specific group

Option to have an approval that’s only visible to a specific group. Signer can see checkbox that comes with “approval” button, but as POps we do not want a signer to see that someone else has approved their document

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. "Customize Button Text on Login Page, Beyond Just the Footer"

The ability to customize text for buttons on the Login Page. Not just the footer on the bottom.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I would like a report that includes the URL for folders.

Currently we copy an ID number from our database and go to Box. We then paste the ID number into Box to locate the file we want to work in. I have recently created a field that will hold that URL and at the click of a button, the database will copy the link, go to browser and paste in the URL - a lot of time savings in our workflow. The issue I am having it is taking a long time to collect all the URLs. I would like an admin report that would allow me to export the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow One-Off Reissue of Custom Terms of Service in Box

If a user ever rejects a custom terms of service, they are not able to access Box or attempt to connect via the collaboration link. It seems that they could try again in 30 days (we have not tested, this is way too long to wait for a time-out).

The only resolution to allow the single external collaborator to "reset" the ToS and accept them to sign in is to disable and re-enable custom ToS for all users.

This is a major problem - we should not have to revalidate all ToS for EVERY user to resolve an issue for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Directly link between box drive and box for outlook & box notes

Currently, Box for outlook can only access to box online which requires authentication each time which is not a smart process. Could we have box for outlook link directly to box drive to save and upload files instead? This will be more efficient for box drive users.

Also have the same issue with box notes. This cannot be accessed directly to/from box drive.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Box Drive  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. invite sharing - save message

When a collaboration invite has been accepted, the "<User> has accepted your invite" message should include the original invite message.

This will remind me why I shared the file with the user and what the user was asked to do with this file.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Improve to view the status of tasks

As users are currently able to view by icons whether or not shared link is on files and files are locked at a glance in the "file list" view, we would like to view if tasks are done or not at a glance
    https://support.box.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043697174-Locking-Unlocking-Files

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Edit a Box note without a box account

There should be a way to edit a Box note for people that do not have a box account. When I work with folks from older generations, they are often overwhelmed with creating new accounts. I don't want them to need to create a box account to be able to edit Box notes. If the note has a shared link, anyone with the link should be able to edit the note - without needing to be signed in to their box account.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Notes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to automatically remove deleted users from admin console settings

Currently, you can enable features like Mark for Offline and folder-level metadata cascading by adding a user to the setting on admin console. When a user is deleted, the deleted user is left listed in the setting. We would like the deleted user be automatically removed from the settings.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Month and Year options when searching Metadata date fields do not select

When you try to select a month or year in the date picker when searching or filtering against metadata, the date picker disappears.

This means you have to scroll through the various months to get the date you want to select instead of using the filter options.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. UI usefulness and flexibility

Concerning your UI, your lists should be more manageable. Why is it for instance that on the Relay menu you can only sort by the Workflow name. What if I want to sort by the user so I can more easily find workflows created by a specific user. Same is true for the list of managed users, there should be more fields on the list such as Date Created, Created By, and Status. Your reporting module also needs more flexibility in the reports an admin can create.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Turn off Collaborator email notifications on Version updates

Many of our collaborators have complained that they don't need to receive the numerous email updates every time minor document versions/revisions occur. Administrators and Owners of a Folder should be able to turn User Alerts both On and Off, when they want to alert recipients that an item's revisions are significant. It is unrealistic and impractical to tell our Executives that they personally have to drill down in their settings and turn off email notifications as an end user on their own device - that should be an Admin Console function.

Admins and Owners should be able to adjust the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base