Skip to content

Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

8172 results found

1. "Remember me" added to login

The need to constantly log in multiple times throughout the day when using Box.com is just absolutely an awful experience. This is especially true with integrations. Every time I close a browser window and then click a link, I have to log in again. We use Box as a source for all of our content for an agency so the number of logins is high. And when we receive a link to a piece of content, we have to click "Go to my account" to log in again, which takes us to the homepage, forcing us to click the link…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Save Signed Box Sign documents back to Salesforce.com Files object

Box Sign has an integration for Salesforce.com but it really does not save much real effort because the integration is not complete. Box Sign really needs to integrate with Salesforce's Files object as Salesforce.com is the system of record and therefore needs the file Signed version of documents.

In an ideal world, Box would be able to both pull documents from the Files object and save the Signed Document back to the Files object in Salesforce.com (but while you are at it, you might as well make it configurable to Documents, Files, or other file repositories in Salesforce). Otherwise the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Request to improve the operation when exporting [Access Stats] for non-administrators in the "Closed Folder" environment.

In the "Closed Folder" environment, an error occurs when exporting (*1) [Access Stats] as a user other than the administrator.
    In a "Closed Folder" environment, an error occurs when exporting activities as a non-administrator user.
    Please make it possible to select a path other than root level folders for the export destination, or hide the export button except for administrators.

*1:Select the file and click "See Details". Click the "↓" button at the right end of "Activity" and click "Create".

[detail]
    With Closed Folder (*2), only administrators can create and delete folders in root level folders.

If you are a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. URL to open folder or file by full English path name.

Box allows me to create named folders and files. Box SHOULD allow me to use a URL to get there? The File ID is visually useless. Box should store the English name as an alias to the ID -- and allow this feature. I am astonished this wasn't a base product feature. I'm also astonished you haven't added it as it's clear in the feedback from others it's WANTED. Shame on Box for not providing this feature.

In the meantime, I'll be forced to find another cloud-based file storage solution.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Enable the Translation function of the web browser in the preview

Edge and Chrome have a web page translation function as standard, but Word, PPT files, and PDF files displayed on the Box preview screen cannot be translated.
    This is a real challenge for companies with employees of many nationalities.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preview  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Back Button Updates

Could you update Box to have the Back button return you to the same spot you were at before you hit the Back button? Currently it takes you back to the top of the previous page you were on. When you have a list of 200 folders, its very cumbersome to have to scroll through the all the pages just to find where you left off.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Prevent BoxRelay from creating a new folder with the same name

When creating a folder in BoxRelay to store files, if a folder with the same name already exists, I want the files to be stored in the existing folder without creating a new folder.

BoxRelayでフォルダを作成してファイルを格納するとき、すでに同じ名前のフォルダが存在する場合は、新しいフォルダを作成せずに既存のフォルダにファイルが格納されるようにしてほしい。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Preview Accuracy

I understand that preview currently can not guarantee perfect accuracy and failing perfecting it which is the ideal solution, we'd like to be able to use MSFT online with read-only privileges. This would enable users with read-only access to still see the content displayed correctly whilst not being able to make changes or download.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The JUMP, the next upgrade from Personal Pro $79.99 a year, only 100GB storage to 3 users Business a year is:  $540 a huge GAP.  It would h

The JUMP, the next upgrade from Personal Pro $79.99 a year, only 100GB storage to 3 users Business a year is:  $540
    a huge GAP.  It would have been nice to have something in between. For small users like me, 1 User 1TB or 2 TB of space for an extra fee. Please, your platform and service is very good. I have DropBox, lots of space BUT not friendly and cumbersome navigation, can’t stand it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Collaborator files from Box Drive not showing up on Box.com

Ever since we updated our systems to macOS Ventura we've encountered many issues with Box Drive, now we are not seeing files from other collaborators that they report to have synced showing up on other peoples Drive or on Box.com at all. Box Drive has become unreliable lately, and users are being forced to manually upload files via desktop to ensure their files sync. Please fix!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make it easier to share with Box App Service Accounts or App Users

It'd be nice to allow users to be able to share with Service Accounts and App Users via the Service Account's application name and the App User's user name like how it works with other users rather than having to directly input the email addresses like "AutomationUser1234567aBC12DeF3g@boxdevedition.com" or "AppUser12345671aB2CDEfgh@boxdevedition.com"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Need Permission level between Viewer/Uploader and Editor

Viewer/Uploader is good, but, not good enough for all use cases; and Editor is too much--especially for external collaborators.

External collaborators need to be able to fix problems they accidentally create (e.g. uploading the wrong file) or wanting to change the name of a folder when they realize that the current name may be confusing (who hasn't done that?).

I agree with others' comments that there needs to be a permissions level between Viewer/Uploader and Editor. I can see at least four possible solutions:

1) Allow collaborators to rename a folder/file. This could help with the accidental upload as well…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Logging in to Box from a shared link should not redirect to home

With the current iteration of Box, when you follow a shared link while not logged in, the only way to log in is to click "Go to My Account" which directs you to your home page on your Box Account. This requires re-following the link again to get to the shared item as a logged in user. This adds several additional clicks to the simple task of following a shared link from an internal email regarding new comments on an item, for example.

This was not the case in the past, where there was a "Log In to My Account"…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Report on total number of Shared Folders:

Hi I need information on how# of Shared Folders:
    Size of largest Shared Folder:
    Size of top 5 largest folders: to
    i tried running reports as suggested by Byron (rep) but he was not able to help me and asked that I request a feature (still not much help)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Shortcut for creating code block

It would be a great improvement to be able to create the code blocks while typing with keyboard shortcuts (or short-words). Quite standard across editors is for example the triple backtick (```).
    I see it already works for numbered lists (you just need to type "1. ") or quote by typing "> ".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Notes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. How to Perform MDaemon to Office 365 Migration Process?

To perform MDaemon data migration to Office 365, you can make of professional CubexSoft MDaemon to Office 365 Migration Tool that allows you to batch migrate MDaemon emails, notes, tasks, calendars, etc. to Office 365 account at once. No supported mail client installation is required to perform MDaemon to O365 migration. The tool is compatible with all latest and below versions of Windows OS like Win 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, etc.
    Visit Here>> https://www.cubexsoft.com/mdaemon/office-365.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Box preview improvement requests

Location information can be added in the capture but cannot be confirmed in the application.
    Can't see it in Box preview either.
    This is a request for improvement so that it can be confirmed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Capture  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The version log on the right should make document type immediately evident

When version history is displayed on the right, no indication of version type (docx or pdf) is given, other than the file size, from which an inference might be made. I told my co-workers I'm a "version nazi"--that is, I'm against starting a new Box document when we've finalized a Word document as a PDF. I want them to stack the PDF version(s) right on the old versions so that ALL versions of a specific document--whether docx or pdf--are in the same Box document. But to make this more palatable, it would help if a user could readily see file…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base