Skip to content

Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

8184 results found

1. The version log on the right should make document type immediately evident

When version history is displayed on the right, no indication of version type (docx or pdf) is given, other than the file size, from which an inference might be made. I told my co-workers I'm a "version nazi"--that is, I'm against starting a new Box document when we've finalized a Word document as a PDF. I want them to stack the PDF version(s) right on the old versions so that ALL versions of a specific document--whether docx or pdf--are in the same Box document. But to make this more palatable, it would help if a user could readily see file…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Preview  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Enterprise Branding

Our box Enterprise consists of a holding company and multiple organizations under the holding company. Having the ability to brand at multiple levels and have that brand be respected consistently.
    Example
    Holding Company - One brand
    Org 1 - specific branding
    Org 2 - specific branding
    and so on

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Display actual user name instead of "Previous Collaborators"

About the owner and last updater of files and folders on BOX. If you delete the owner's account, the owner will be displayed as "Previous Collaborators", but I would like you to leave the owner name without changing to this display. It is necessary to comply with the Japanese local electronic bookkeeping law. Please consider.

BOX上のファイルやフォルダの所有者、最終更新者についてです。所有者のアカウントを削除すると所有者は「以前のコラボレータ」表示になりますが、この表示に変更せず所有者名を残していただきたいです。日本ローカルな電子帳簿法対応で必要です。ご検討ください。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Default Black ink for E-signatures in Box Sign – as required by The Crown

It is imperative for Police Services throughout the UK to use Black ink ONLY when signing signatures for lawful documentation. I understand that there may be a need for other businesses to use purple/blue/red ink, however, within the Police and throughout the judicial process, any other colour than black ink will be rejected, which will lead to increase time an Officer or Investigators spend on obtaining signatures and investigating crime. Therefore, we require black ink, at the very least to be the default colour for signees.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. troublesome 'Saved' and 'What's New' button placement in Notes window

The 'Saved' and 'What's New' buttons in the bottom right corner of the Notes window are frustrating in their placement. As I write in Notes, these two buttons constantly obscure my text so that I need to stop typing and hit return several times to 'raise' my text in the Notes document away from those buttons . . . only to (several lines later) find myself in the same situation: the text I'm typing is hidden by the 'Saved' and 'What's New' buttons. Surely there's a better way to display these buttons without obscuring where we type. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Notes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I am trying to see if I can lock down folders to prevent people from accidental moving or deletion.

In Box Drive (File Explorer), sometimes our users accidentally move folders into other folders, not realizing what they did. Then people cannot find what they are looking for. Is there a way we can prevent this? Or is there a way we can prevent this for higher-level folders? Or is there a way a user can receive a prompt along the lines of "Are you sure you wish to move this folder?"

See also

https://pulse.box.com/forums/909778-help-shape-the-future-of-box/suggestions/42428602-allow-marking-folders-as-move-locked-to-prevent

https://pulse.box.com/forums/909778-help-shape-the-future-of-box/suggestions/43142697-ability-to-lock-down-folders-to-prevent-accidental

https://pulse.box.com/forums/909778-help-shape-the-future-of-box/suggestions/35984521--lock-a-folder-taxonomy

Suggestions from our IT Director:

Ideally we license Box Shield and it could easily be a policy based on metadata or tagging for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. CubexSoft Mac OLM to PST Converter

There are lots of programs available for the conversion of Mac OLM files to PST. But I would like to refer you to one more reliable and safe solution for Mac users which is CubexSoft Mac OLM to PST Converter. The software works efficiently and converts the Mac OLM file of any size to PST file format without any trouble. There is no chance of data loss. One can also try the free demo edition of this application on any Mac & Windows OS device.
    Read More>> https://www.cubexsoft.com/olm/pst.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow signers to propose changes to a document before signing

As a signer, if I don't fully agree to the content of a document, I would like to propose changes to it before I sign. If the sender then accepts my change requests, the altered document would then already be signed by me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Email-to-folder Security Concern - Need Visibility

Need a report based on email-to-folder entries. Our cyber-security platform recently flagged a change in auto-forwarding to a Box email address (one of those cryptic folder addresses), but I cannot find the folder that contains the feature turned on. The User Activity Report has a column, "Details" that shows "Service: Email Folder," but I don't see our suspect folder listed. Maybe there have been no emails going there yet- but this is a security concern that needs clarification. Should be an easy report to build, the records exist in your database. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Salesforce: Turn off collaboration emails

I would like a way to turn off the collaboration emails that are sent to the Salesforce Service Account when any user is collaborated into a Salesforce Box folder.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Box Shield leverage DLP auto classification to trigger an Ethical Wall (aka Information Barrier)

Box Shield leverage DLP auto classification to trigger an Ethical Wall (aka Information Barrier).

Today, configuring an Ethical Wall (aka Information Barrier) is all manual, and these should be able to be triggered by Box Smart Access (aka DLP) the same way that external collaboration can be automatically turned off for Box Smart Access.

E.g. a document says "Secret Project XYZ," then by default only management can access files that contain this phrase.

E.g. a document has bank account numbers on it, then by default only finance can access it.

E.g. a document has social security numbers on it, then…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shield  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Improve metadata search UI design.

We are currently confined to a small box with scroll bars when using Metadata search. Please improve the UI design so we can see all the fields without having to scroll (pop-out, iFrame, etc.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. If I move a file, let me leave a hint to the new location in the original folder

When a shared file or folder is renamed and/or moved to a different folder, retain a hint in its original location that it's been moved so that "Search in folder" can helpfully inform that the file/folder has been moved or renamed, and provide a link to the new location. The user does not need to see the current name of the file, or its new location. When they follow the link, they access the file/folder according to how it's shared at its new location.

An expandable "Recently moved" area in each folder could provide a compact list of files and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Spell Checker and Global File and Folder renaming Tool

Box needs file and folder name spelling checking with auto suggestion like any spell checker.
    Further the ability to find and replace incorrectly named files and folders in folders and sub folders across an entities instance of Box at admin level.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to edit file request

I created a file request with 3 different file request upload boxes (videos, images, quotes), but didn't know that users MUST upload something into the first box or they would get an error. It would be VERY helpful to either be able to edit a file request (so I can change it to just one upload box) or allow people to upload into ANY of the file request boxes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Box Shield DLP looks for DNA sequences

Box Shield DLP looks for DNA sequences.

E.g. “ACTG” look for somewhere.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Box Shield recognizes when the same or a very similar document is uploaded, but with different permissions and/or classification.

Box Shield recognizes when the same or a very similar document is uploaded, but with different permissions and/or classification.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Box Shield - Get notified about a classified document if it gets placed in a folder with unauthorized parties

Box Shield get notified about a classified document if it gets placed in a folder with unauthorized parties (e.g. internal only doc gets placed in external folder… today, an external person can’t open the document, but it would be good to get notified that we need to put it back in the correct place).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Box Shield scans title of document for DLP and Ethical Walls

Box Shield scans title of document for DLP and Ethical Walls