Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to select external users who are collaborating on a folder to be notified of workflows created in Relay

Currently, it is possible to set external users as notification recipients for workflows created in Relay only under certain conditions.

Conditions:
     ・The folder/file is owned by the creator of the Relay Workflow.
     ・It is the external user who is invited to this folder/file that is set as the notification destination.

There are many situations in which we want to send notifications to external users in Relay workflows.
    However, in a tenant running a closed folder configuration, it is rare that the workflow creator is the owner of the folder.

Request:
    For managed users who are collaborating on folders and who…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. UI enhancements to indicate moving/copying activity in progress

When moving/copying files and folders in BoxDrive, I want to be able to see visually that an operation is taking place.

Currently, BoxWeb displays a green dialog at the top of the screen when you move or copy files or folders,
    but However, BoxDrive has an explorer-like feel, so I don't think this kind of display appears even when a move/copy is performed.

However, BoxDrive has an Explorer-like feel, so I don't think this kind of display appears when moving/copying is performed. or some other confirmation dialog. When an operation is performed, we would like to see a confirmation dialog…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Users who have permission to output reports should be able to select "target folders and files" within the scope of their access rights

Under the current specification, only administrators or authorized co-administrators can select the "target folders and files" when outputting the User Activity Report.
    For the sake of business efficiency, I would like to see users who have permission to output reports be able to select "target folders and files" within the scope of their access rights.

現在の仕様では、ユーザーアクティビティレポートを出力の際管理者または、権限の付与された共同管理者のみ「対象のフォルダとファイル」が選択可能です。
    これをレポート出力権限を持っているユーザーは、業務効率上、自分のアクセス権がある範囲の中で「対象のフォルダとファイル」を選択できるようにしてほしい。

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Box Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Requests regarding Box For Teams V2

I would like to use the Box For Teams V2 integration, but the following functions are bottlenecks and cannot be used.

Therefore, I want to be able to turn off only the following functions in the tenant settings.

・Automatic creation of Box folders for teams/channels
     ・Automatic mapping of user permissions

In most cases, Japanese companies use a controlled system in which the administrator owns the items.

However, if folders are automatically created or permissions are automatically attached with the Box For Teams V2 integration, control cannot be taken, so we requested this.

(日本語)
    Box For Teams V2連携を利用したいが下記の機能がボトルネックになり利用できない。
    そのため、テナント設定で下記機能のみをOFFに出来るようにして欲しい。
     ・チーム/チャネル用Boxフォルダの自動作成…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Partner Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Split and transfer data to several users when the owner is deleted (including folder assignment)

Hi,
    it would be nice if I could split the data of a user to be deleted among more than 1 other user.

If, for example, a department head leaves the company and another head takes over the disciplinary part on an interim basis, but the technical issues are still mapped in the department, it makes sense to be able to separate the structures. We are currently transferring the disciplinary page manually.

Best regards,

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

researching  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I would like to have a collaboration role that only allows me to reference shared links.

I would like to have a collaboration role that only allows me to reference shared links.
    Alternatives (1) through (3) could not be adopted for a reason.

(1) Why not just use the Previewer?
    I want to collaborate from the top of the folder tree to prevent confusion about where I collaborated.
    For this purpose, I want a collaboration role that can only refer to shared links that cannot refer to other files.

(2) Why don't we just create a shared link that is open to everyone and add a password?
    If you make it public, you won't know who…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Users and Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. COPY / MOVE API events to include origin file's ID, name and location

Currently there is no way to know which file was copied/moved in Box Events API. It is only possible to see the destination file name and location, and only if the file was copied/moved within one Box instance. This presents a major challenge for customers who want to build custom programs that monitor copy/move activity both inside and outside their Box instances.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make it possible to re-order outcomes in a flow

Currently it is impossible to re-order outcomes in a flow. This makes it very hard to implement changes and maintain workflows. It would be very handy to be able to change the order of outcomes in a flow the same way it is possible to change order of flows in a workflow.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. We want to update the sync on the Box Drive in real time.

The data edited by myself on the Box Drive will be reflected, but I would like the synchronization to be updated in real time for data edited/saved by other users.

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to send a template doc to a bulk list of names (which are assigned to a given signature line)

For example, a contract with three parties where person 2 and 3 are the same, but hundreds or thousands of agreement templates need to be send out where person 1 is different. With a bulk important for a given signature line, each doc would not need to be sent one at a time. This is a current feature of DocuSign and vital for our business in order to use an e-signature platform.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Box Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Auto lock/unlock for read-only file.

Currently, BoxDrive works with AutoLockUnlock=1 as below.

1. When we open a read-only settings(Windows OS file property), it is locked automatically.
    2. And then, when we close the file, the read-only setting is gone.

Please improve as below.

1. When we open a read-only settings(Windows OS file property), it is not locked automatically.
    2. And then, when we close the file, the read-only setting keeps.

Best,

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Transfer ownership of a file

I was blown away that I can't change the ownership of "files", only folders. We have a user that retired and we need to transfer ownership of all her content to other employees (not just a single employee). Transferring ownership of a "folder" is easy and straightforward.

Box has a limitation that prevents you from transferring ownership of an individual file. This user has about 40 files at their root of her account (under All Files). The only way to change ownership is to move the file into a folder and then share and change the ownership of the folder.…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Global Metadata Variable

Provide functionality for metadata variables to be referenced globally within other metadata templates.

For example, company regions change annually. If we need to add a new region (South) to our current regions (Central, East, West), we have to update each individual template with a region field. It would be ideal if we could update the regions in one global variable that can then be referenced in all metadata templates. This process today is time consuming, decentralized, and error prone.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Metadata  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Request for resolving the problem of retrieving group memberships

I wish the following problem will be fixed :
    We are able to see the issue when retrieving group membership datas if the group have multiple users having the same name and get membership with multiple offset.
    For example, there are two users having the same name and both of users is a member of the group. If we request all of membership for the group with multiple offset, the endpoint of group may only include one of both, not include another user in the response.

I have submitted this incident to Box support ticket(#2387523), and received an answer that…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Secure open link - Require email address verification with one-time password

【Summary】
    Please add "Require email address confirmation by one-time password" to the Open Link settings.
    This will allow the access statistics to show the email addresses of users who have accessed from the open link, so that you can determine if the access is suspicious or not.

【Problem to be solved】
    The current open link is not secure enough.
    This is because it is not possible to determine who accessed the file.
    With the current use, if a user who is not logged in to Box accesses from an open link, the access history only shows the IP address and…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to restore/delete files only by Box tenant administrators

【Background】
    Due to the revision of the Personal Information Protection Law, the company's policy will be changed.
    The policy will be to erase unnecessary data after a specific period of time.
    This policy change will also cover data residing in personal Bin.

Currently, as a specification of Box, if an item in the Bin is maliciously "deleted from the Bin" or if data is automatically deleted from the Bin after a certain period of time, it will be unrecoverable after 14 days.
    We would like to set up a specification like "Archive function of the Bin" so that we can…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Get separate (mapped) shared links for a large number of files under a shared folder

I am trying to generate separate shared links for a large number of files (1000+) under a folder, and map them to their original file name, so I can share these files separately.

But we can only do that either by the whole folder (not what we want), or by selecting files one by one (too time-consuming).

We hope there will be a function when you share a folder, we can also have the option to generate separate share links for each of the files under the folder, and a corresponding mapping file is generated automatically.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. ADD LOCKED FOLDERS LIST IN THE USER ACTIVITY REPORT

Currently we have no way to look up which holders are locked via FolderLockAPI.
    To avoid any trouble not knowing who has been locked,
    we'd like to request to add the locked folders list in the user activity report.

FolderLockAPIを利用してLockされているフォルダの一覧をレポートに出したい:
    FolderLockAPIを利用してLockしたフォルダーについて、
    どのフォルダーがロックされているかがわからなくなるなどのトラブルを防ぐために、
    現時点でロックされているフォルダの一覧をアクティビティレポートに出力したい。

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

not planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Updates on the lock functionality after Save as

I want the lock to come off properly after Save As.(BoxDrive)

If you save a file to a folder in Box Drive using "Save As" in the Office app and then close the app immediately, the newly created file will remain locked.
    If I close the app immediately, the newly created file will remain locked.
    The lock is not automatically removed when the application is closed.

After saving the file, other users are not able to edit the file, and this is interfering with my work. I would like to see this fixed.

名前をつけて保存後にロックが正常に外れるようにして欲しい(BoxDrive)

Officeアプリの「名前を付けて保存」でBox Driveのフォルダにファイルを保存し、
    すぐにアプリを閉じると、新しく作成されたファイルにロックが残ってしまいます。
    アプリを閉じても自動的には解除されません。
    保存後に他のユーザーがファイルを編集することが出来ず業務に支障をきたしているため
    修正をして欲しいです。

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →