Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. box drive sync progress

When syncing large amounts of data or many items into Box, I don't have a number of items remaining unless I try to log out of Box drive while it is uploading. Could we take that information and put it into the Box Drive icon like it was displayed in Box Sync?

97 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under consideration  ·  7 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Relay Workflow period Allocations based on work days rather than natural days (i.e Exclude Weekends)

When assigning a task in relay you can assign the period in days associated to the task. at This point in time this does not allow the option to assign such days to working days but only natural days. Therefore if and when a weekend occurs during the timeline of the workflow action weekend days (non-working days absorbs the task timeline. the request is that there must be an option to assign a task only for working days (excluding weekends)

17 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. My Collections on Box Drive

Just wondering you may develop 'My Collections' function on Box Drive.

11 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Notification when someone is editing a file

Since we don't have an option to check-in/check-out of files, can you add a feature like Dropbox's badge which alerts a user when someone else is editing a file so we prevent any simultaneous version history/editing issues?

40 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. We’re actively researching in this area right now, so I’d love to collect any additional feedback you might have on use cases. For example: are you primarily looking for this notification on Preview? The files list? And in which applications – Web? Box Drive? Box mobile applications?

Any additional information you provide will be much appreciated.

5. Allow users to share built workflows

Allow workflow builders to share their workflows with each other. Currently workflows need to be rebuilt by each user whereas it would save a lot of time to be able to share these workflows that have already been built.

25 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Enhance flexibility to expiration of Public Link

When a Public Link expires, the link is disable and not traceable. Often time endusers do not know what file/folder it was. Especially, when a receiver of the link was an external user like customer, we would like at least to identify which one it was internally. So I would like an option to automatically update Public Link to Company Link or Collaborator only link upon expiration.

7 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Changes to workflow builder functionality

Create changes to workflow builder functionality:
    1. Allow folder Editors to be able to build workflows (we have very few co-admins)
    2. Allow the workflow builder to specify who is assigning the task (or make it generic.) Just because Bob builds the workflow doesn't mean his name should be on the assigning task.

23 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Open shared links in Windows Explorer

It would be great having the option for shared links to be opened in the Windows Explorer directly (if Box Drive / Box Sync is installed). Today, when a shared link is clicked, e.g. on Slack, it opens in the web browser, adding complexity to the workflow (e.g. having to log in, limited editing functionality, etc.). Most of our team today revert to clicking the shared link just to identify the location of the file in the browser, then finding and opening the file manually on Box Drive.

11 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please add popup when adding or moving a file from local to Box

We can easily add or move file from local storage to Box drive or browser.
    However, box does not prompt any popup when we add or move file.

It may cause miss operation.
    So, Please add popup when add or movefile.

9 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow users to easily set retention on an individual file or folder

End users need to have the ability to easily apply retention policies to individual documents. They should be able to click an apply policy button, choose the policy and click OK
    Policies should be able to be configured so that users only see policies that apply to them or they have access to.

7 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Governance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Update "Not Part of Company" Text to Look Like a Button

When you share a folder or document with a client who is not a part of your organization they receive an email, they then create a login, they are then sent to a page that says "Company uses your network username and password to login to Box. Continue to login to Box through your network." There is then a Continue button and then text that read "Not part of Company" All 66 of my clients have clicked on the button and not on the text because the text does not look click-able. It would be fantastic if that text could…

8 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Create a Task to provide a notification

Create a Task to provide a notification to a user. For example if a document has been moved, this Task would create a notification to Bob that the file has been moved. He shouldn't have to do anything with this or approve or complete it, just be notified.

22 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Metadata table(row: files, column: metadata keys)

We are looking for a table type of view of files(row) and metadata keys(column), that allows us to be able to configure their own views of data in Box.

It allows us to...
    - configure the view with applying metadata templates(can select the keys to show)
    - filter and sort the view
    - update metadata directly from this view
    - export the view of data to a csv file

This sort of solution helps users to reduce the time spent for searching the content and updating the metadata values(and it would be competitive with SharePoint library view).

42 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Metadata  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion! Our Product Team will review your use case and comments and reply back within 1-2 months. Continue to share your comments on this suggestion.

14. search option on content inside shared link files set to View Only Mode.

Users should be able to search inside a file contents on a shared link document set to View Only mode.

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preview  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Locked Files

It would be REALLY great if there were a way in Box to pull up all of the files you have locked. My team shares tons of excel files all day long. If I forget to unlock a file, no one else knows if they can get in. Half the time I'm not in it but forgot to unlock it. If there were a way to pull up all files at any given time in one place that I've locked where I could unlock them from that screen if I'm no longer in them, it would save us a lot…

28 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Box Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Box Drive: Change cache location

It would be really awesome to allow the box drive cache location to be placed somewhere other than C:\Users<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Box\Box\cache, say on on a separate volume that doesn't consume space on C: (boot / application drive). Ideally I would like to place it on my second ssd D:

172 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under consideration  ·  51 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Automatic email response for file request submitter

Would like a feature whereby the person submitting files using Box File Request receives an automatic confirmation email with a customizable message. For example, after the submitter uploads files using the File Request web widget, that person gets a email to the effect of, "Thank you for contacting us. A team member will review your submittal and follow up within 24 hours." The person would be required to provide an email address but not required to have a Box account. Many of our external customers send us application materials using File Request, and then they contact us separately wanting to…

8 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Box Drive: Display pop up warning when content is moved to external folder

Just like below warning pop-up displayed in WebApp, Box Drive shall pop up a warning to let the user know the item ownership will be changed to external user, when moved to external folder. (also to prevent accidental moves)

Change Item Owner
    By moving this item you will be transferring ownership to John Doe (john.doe@boxsample1[.]com) at Box Sample1 Company. In some cases, you may not be able to undo this action based on restrictions in the destination location.

11 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hide folders from Box Drive

hide a set of folders from box drive while leaving them available on Box for office and Box online

389 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under consideration  ·  55 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please create a BoxCLI that can be used by general users.

Currently, the BoxCLI is only available to administrators.
    We have received requests from non-administrative Box users to do their own work from the command line.
    This is a very strong request.
    Please create a BoxCLI that can be used by general users.

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base