Skip to content

Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

8738 results found

1. Ability to select external users who are collaborating on a folder to be notified of workflows created in Relay

Currently, it is possible to set external users as notification recipients for workflows created in Relay only under certain conditions.

Conditions:
     ・The folder/file is owned by the creator of the Relay Workflow.
     ・It is the external user who is invited to this folder/file that is set as the notification destination.

There are many situations in which we want to send notifications to external users in Relay workflows.
    However, in a tenant running a closed folder configuration, it is rare that the workflow creator is the owner of the folder.

Request:
    For managed users who are collaborating on folders and who…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Intercom Integration

With the level of customizations and integrations available in Box, it becomes necessary to offer live internal support for our users from time to time. We would like to integrate our customer support solution, Intercom, into Box to help us quickly field questions and walk people through issues.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Creating a table of contents for files and folders for an end user

For the end user to be able to create a table of contents report of a folder structure and share this report with others.

BOX FOLDER NAME

FIRST LEVEL FOLDER
    Subfolder
    Subfolder contents
    Subfolder contents
    Subfolder
    Subfolder contents
    Subfolder contents

FIRST LEVEL FOLDER
    Subfolder
    Subfolder contents
    Subfolder contents

Anyone who has access to the folder should be able to view the folder report and potentially update the report.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I want to be able to open a folder in File Explorer from Box.com

I've used Dropbox previously, and there's a feature on the browser version that allows you to open a files containing folder in File Explorer on Windows or Finder on OSX. For Box, the only options to open something on your computer from the web version is with the file's native app. It would improve our workflow significantly if we were able to open a file folder on our computer from the Box.com browser.

Thanks!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Select Upload Limit, Pause Uploads

Hello, I have multiple ideas for this relatively limited featured app:

1. We should be able to select how many items we wish to upload at a time, instead of this default 10 or so at a time. If I've got a busy schedule, I sometimes want to achieve a few uploads at time and then pause (next point).

2. We should definitely be able to Pause Uploads, Dropbox has it, OneDrive has it, why not Box. For my work, I need my bandwidth quite often, so currently the only way of "pausing" is closing the app completely, and not knowing whether…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Box Sign: Ability to change the position and size of items pre-set at the time of Sign request by the user who requested the sign.

I would like to be able to change the position and size of items pre-set at the time of Box Sign request by the user who requested the sign.

When a signature is made using a stamp in its current state, when the completed data is checked, the signature is leaning to the left and cannot be signed in the correct position.
    We would like the user who signs to be able to adjust the position.

Box Signのリクエスト時に事前設定した項目の位置と大きさをサイン依頼されたユーザが変更できるようにしてほしい。

現行の状態でスタンプを利用して署名した場合に、完成したデータを確認すると左寄りになってしまい正確な位置にサインができないため
    サインをするユーザー側で位置を調整出来るようにして欲しいです。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Box Embed Should Support Additional Query String Parameters to Show/Hide Content

Box Embed currently uses query string parameters to show/hide certain content, for example "showParentPath" and "showItemFeedActions". For our use-case, we would benefit greatly from expanding the supported query string parameters to hide additional elements from the iframe. Examples include the ability to hide the filename with dropdown menu (including the All Files and Folders hyperlink), the "Download" and "Share" buttons, the arrows that let you navigate between recently viewed files, and the "X" button that allows you to close out of the currently viewed document and be returned to the "All Files and Folders" view.

By supporting additional boolean query…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Box Relay: Enable API's so that I can re-assign workflows and/or task ownership to another person

Box Relay: Enable API's so that I can re-assign workflows and/or task ownership to another person at scale.

E.g. if someone is on holiday, sick, or leaves the company, we want to use API's to group together all of their existing workflows and/or tasks, and transfer those to a new person.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Box Relay: Please enable the ability to group all owned workflows and/or assigned tasks from one person, and transfer them to a new person.

Box Relay: Please enable the ability to group all owned workflows and/or assigned tasks from one person, and transfer that group of workflows and/or tasks to a different person.

Today, I can transfer ownership of a single workflow or re-assign a single task from one person to another, but if someone goes on vacation, is sick, or leaves the company and they own multiple workflows or have multiple tasks assigned to them, then today we cannot group these together and transfer them all at once. Instead, we have to transfer workflow ownership and re-assign tasks one-by-one-by-one-by-one-by-one......

We have 1000's of…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Compatibility with MadCap Flare PDF Output (Fix copy/paste in preview mode)

In Box.com preview mode of a PDF that was built via MadCap Flare, when you copy text and paste it somewhere, it removes all of the spaces in the text and makes it one big string (see example below). The copy/paste feature works fine from PDFs built out of InDesign and in all downloaded PDFs. This has been a common issue for our Support reps who want to simply copy/paste text from a previewed product documentation PDF into a Support case without having to download it each time.

For example:
    TheCopyReturnItem(s)WizardontheTaxReturnswindowinCorptaxallowsyoutoquicklycopyanexistingtaxreturnitemandcreatethesamecalculationforadifferententityorforalloftheentitieswithinagroup

MadCap Flare is a widely used authoring tool for…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preview  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Request to increase the maximum number of users to be enabled with [Enable for select users and groups] for [Mark for Offline] in Box Drive.

I want to enable [Mark for Offline] for Box Drive and release it for some users. However, the number of users we want to register exceeds the upper limit of 100, so we would like to request to increase the upper limit of [Enable for select users and groups]. We believe this update would improve the useability and increase the efficiency among the users.

(Japanese)
    Box Driveの [Mark for Offline]機能を有効にし、一部のユーザーに対して有効化したいが、上限値となる100名を超えて登録したいため、[一部のユーザーに対して有効化]選択時の上限値を増やして欲しい。
    利便性も向上し、業務効率化に繋がるため、実現に向けてぜひ対応してほしい。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Elastic search to be able to search contains

Box should support modern search capabilities such as elastic search
    We want to be able to search for something within the name if a file
    ie name contains,
    Exact match isn't very useful, if we wanted to search for a specific product code in the name for example

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to comment on Box Relay approval tasks

Currently, there is no function to enter comments when executing approval tasks using Box Relay.
    We are currently using email and the Mention function, but this is inconvenient, so we would like to have the ability to enter comments at the time of approval or rejection.
    Having a comment when approving or rejecting a task will help us communicate with users, so we would appreciate it if you could add this as a feature.

現在Box Relayを利用した承認タスク実施時に、コメントを記載する機能がありません。
    メールやメンション機能を現在は利用しておりますが、不便なため、承認時または却下時にコメントを入力する機能が欲しいです。
    承認時や却下時にコメントがあることで、ユーザーへの意思疎通ができますので、機能として追加をいただけますと幸いです。

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to lock down folders to prevent accidental moving of files or deletion

Ability to lock down folders to prevent accidental moving of files or deletion

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Box Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Because of the downstream impacts, we will not be solving this problem as requested. We will be looking at a more holistic approach to prevent unintended consequences of file operations.

15. Move the "Upload, Folder, Word Document, Excel File" option in a folder

Any time I open a folder, my subfolders / files populate below, but after .5-1 second, four of the most annoying boxes in the world pop up above that list called "Upload, Folder, Word Document, and Excel File." This causes all of the subfolders / files to be shifted down so that even when I try to quickly click on one, it will go to the wrong folder because everything has just shifted down. While I often use these options, trying to get from folder to folder is made so much slower and it's insanely aggravating to have to wait…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Web App  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make metadata attributes required on templates

We need a way to make selected attributes required custom templates, so that when the templates are applied to Folders/Files the user can not save the metadata form bypassing the required metadata.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Metadata  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Images pasted in BoxNotes are not displayed due to the "Shared links expiration settings".

If you have enabled the "Shared links expiration settings", images pasted on BoxNotes will also have that expiration date setting.
    Therefore, after the expiration date has passed, images pasted on BoxNotes will no longer be displayed in BoxNotes.
    We would like to see the specification changed so that images pasted on BoxNotes are not affected by the "Shared links expiration settings".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Notes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Box for iOS support for "Universal Control"

Box for iOS doesn't support "Universal Control" in iOS 15 and Mac OS 12.x: this means that I can't drag my cursor from my Mac to my iPad Pro and use it to select and copy text from documents.

Could you please update your app to support the latest OS features?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Accessing external shared links via FTP agents.

I request developer teams to look into the possibility of organising the access to external shareable links also via FTP clients. This would avoid the issue where a shareable link expires or gets blocked by the network setting of the external clients.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Signature logs should also be able to be specified as a trigger condition for Box Relay

Box Relay and Box Sign integration has been released, allowing for automation on signed files.
    The current specifications do not allow automated processing targeting signature logs.
    In our case, we would like to move not only the signed file but also the signature log to an arbitrary folder.
    Therefore, we request that the signature log can also be specified as a trigger condition.
    English version:Box Relay + Box Sign integration to automate actions based on document status

<署名ログもBox Relayのトリガー条件として指定できるようにしてほしい>
    Box RelayとBox Signの連携がリリースされ、署名されたファイルに対する自動化を行うことができるようになりましたが、
    署名ログを対象とした自動化処理が現在の仕様では行うことが出来ません。
    私たちが利用したいケースでは、署名したファイルだけでなく、署名ログも任意のフォルダに移動したいと考えております。
    そのため、署名ログもトリガー条件として指定できるようにリクエストします。
    日本語版:Box RelayとBox Signの連携によるドキュメントのステータスに基づいたアクションの自動化

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)