Skip to content

Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

8737 results found

1. Prioritize "Open with" on document "..."

Reduce the list of when you click the "..." on a document so "Open with" is always shown on the screen. Currently, when you click the "..." next to a specific file it opens a whole list of options from which to choose, including "Open With" which I use a lot. However, recently the list length was increased and now the "Open with," probably the most used function, is pushed off the top of my screen - very annoying. On another note, allow me to post a pic here showing the issue...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Ability to Change Sort Order

I'd like to be able to switch the sort order of folders to descending so I don't have to keep making multiple clicks each time I'm in and out of folders. The default is from oldest to newest, and I'd like to be able to reverse that and keep that as a preference.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Improve imagine viewer quality

Images in BOX are compressed when viewed in BOX, they appear blurry and low quality. When downloaded and viewed in Windows or another viewer, they are fine. WHY IS BOX COMPRESSING IMAGES IN VIEWER??? This is so frustrating. HELP!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to save search filter conditions

I would appreciate if the previous settings for contents filters could be saved so that I can call and use it when searching items with similar criteria.
    Frequently using the same condition to search files, so I think it could improve the work efficiency to use saved filter settings.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Search  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Box app uptime and downtime

Need to be able to report on Box uptime and downtime stats monthly, please provide a way to create an alert or a graph report that shows this over a period of time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Enable option to save all emails and email attachments into Box from Gmail and/or Outlook.

Enable option to save all emails and email attachments into Box from Gmail and/or Outlook in a way that cannot be altered. This is important for WORM compliance.

https://blog.microfocus.com/worm-compliance-archiving-finra/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Enable option (e.g. Shield Classification tag) where users must provide a reason for changing a metadata value when updating a document

Enable option (e.g. Shield Classification tag) where users must provide a reason for changing a metadata value when updating a document.

This would be for very important documents.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Metadata  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Alert on folder names not allowed in Box web

Box Drive will alert when a folder name isn't valid. Would be nice that there would be a way to not allow folder names in Box web when Box Drive doesn't support it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Capability to restrict third party apps from creating folders on first level

Currently, even if the tenant setting is set to allow only administrators and co-administrators to create folders on the first level, there is a security problem that third party apps can create folders on the first level even if the user-created application as a JWT application is given only the minimum permissions required to run the application, such as "app access only" and "write to all files and folders stored in Box.
    For this reason, I would like to see whether to grant administrative privileges or not clearly added to the configuration item so that it can be controlled.
    現在、テナント設定で管理者および共同管理者のみが第1階層へのフォルダ作成を許可するに設定していても…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Shield classification user permissions

Request to make classification application settings specific to the classification. Currently, the setting for who can apply/remove a classification is for all classifications, but there are cases where it would be helpful that a classification to be only applied by owners and other where co-owner, or even editor would be allowed to apply certain classifications.

Examples:
    1. A classification tied to a Shield access control rule that only owners can apply or remove
    2. A classification tied to a Shield access control rule that owner/co-owners can apply or remove
    3. A classification identifying a type of content that owners/co-owner/editors can…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Shield  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Auto-logout all sessions on password change

Automatically logout all sessions (desktop & mobile) if you change the password on your individual account.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Security  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to create or edit access level to permissions

Like to be able to create or edit Access Level to permissions we want not just what you decide. For example, we want to add the Rename permission to the Viewer Uploader Access Level but can not so we have to choose to give Editor rights that include delete ability as alternative which is not acceptable. There should be some ability to alter the Access Level roles to the Enterprise using your software and permissions should be individual even if not administered that way.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Comment Replies and Thumbs Up/Down

It would be great to give a comment a thumbs up or down and be able to reply directly to someone's comment (ideally showing it indented under the person's comment, not at the bottom of the Activity/comment sidebar). This would help collaboration!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Can't Use Buttons "Under" Green Update Box

Please fix this annoying issue. Currently when I upload a document or rename something, a green update box pops up at the top of my screen. When that confirmation happens, I'm not able to click on anything to the direct left or right of it (i.e. my search bar, more options sometimes, etc.) until it goes away or I specifically click the 'x'. It's like everything is "behind" the update box, and it gets a bit annoying when I'm renaming or uploading several things.

Ideally I'd like to be able to use the buttons/features to the left and right of…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to create & manage smart/dynamic Folders

Based on specified criteria, populate a folder with documents stored elsewhere in Box. For example, we have numerous W-9 forms stored in various places in our Box files. We would like to specify a Smart or Dynamic folder with the criterion of populating it with any of our files that have "W-9" in the name. It is essentially a smart search.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Box Relay support for "move folders to different owners"

We are aware that Box has a recommended maximum number of items owned per owner (1 million items), and it is recommended to divide it into multiple owners if the number exceeds the limit.

Based on the above, our company, which owns more than 100 items, operates by dividing the data into multiple owners.

According to Box's recommendations, it's easy to assume that when you use Box, an action occurs that moves the owner to a different folder.
    We strongly hope that this behavior will be supported even when using BoxRelay, because it would significantly reduce the convenience of BoxRelay…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I want the ability to add comments to the version history

Now in the version history you will find the version number (for example: V1,V2...) is currently listed in the version history, the version number (for example: V1, V2...).
    We check the contents of V1, V2... in the preview and restore the version.

However, as the number of versions increases, it is difficult to find the exact version you need, so please add the ability to add a simple note in addition to the version number.

【日本語】------------------------------------------------------------
    現在バージョン履歴では、バージョンナンバー(for example:V1,V2...)が記載されています。
    私たちは、V1、V2...の内容をプレビューで都度確認し、バージョンを復元しています。

しかし、バージョン数が多くなってくると、必要なバージョンを的確に見つけるのは難しいため、バージョン番号のほかに簡易なメモを併記できる機能を追加してください。

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preview  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We currently do not have this planned on our roadmap. Please keep the feedback & use cases coming to help us prioritize this in the future!

19. Make Shield Lists Accessible via API

Shield lists are not currently editable using an API endpoint. In order to make it possible to automate adding and removing entries to lists, I suggest making it possible to create/view/edit/delete shield lists using the Box API.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shield  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Enable ability for Admin and/or Co-Admin to view, edit, or take over anybody's account and/or folders, EXCEPT XXX people (e.g. CEO or CFO)

Enable ability for Admin and/or Co-Admin to view, edit, or take over anybody's account and/or folders, EXCEPT XXX accounts (e.g. CEO or CFO) or YYY folders or ZZZ files (e.g. highly sensitive financial information or employee PII).

Right now, it seems like the only Co-Admin privileges are "view / edit / take over everybody" or "view / edit / take over nobody."

https://support.box.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044194393-Granting-And-Modifying-Co-Admin-Permissions#:~:text=View%20user%E2%80%99s%20content,managed%20user%E2%80%99s%20account.

In lots of these cases, my customers have a person who is a technical Admin and then the owner of the company.

They don't want the owner of the company to be the main Admin for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base