Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enhance file storage location for Box Drive

Having files stored in a hidden user cache folder is a very bad design. Leave them in the folder where they "physically" are, instead, just as Box sync, Dropbox, Mega, and others do.

Plus, let me choose where the app installs in and which folders I want to keep synced. As is it now, Box Drive has a needlessly redundant mechanic, eats up space on the system drive, and give no control to users.

I uninstall the app until these problems are addressed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide a separate label that feeds the "Metadata" tab in search UI on creation of a template

When user clicks on search options in the web app and on the metadata tab on choosing of the template the UI generates a Form to provide the values for the metadata properties. Today the Web App shows the Metadata Properties label defined during the creation of the template. Sometimes these labels do not read well during search. Example: If the label says "Closed Record Date (Required)" when capturing the values in the template it makes sense but when searching the word "(Required)" is feeding wrong message to user. So provide another label when creating metadata templates for each property…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Metadata removal confirmation message verbiage update

When trying to remove a template from a file or folder, the buttons say "Remove" but the confirmation message says the word "delete".

"Are you sure you want to delete <Template Name> and all its values from the file?"

Please change that to "Are you sure you want to remove <Template Name> and its values...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Calendar Widget UI enhancements

The today date/selected date in calendar widget is not highlighted enough and makes it difficult for users to view. Suggest to add a square box or additional contrast to make it clearer to the user.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Box UI Elements ADA Compliance

Customer is requesting all UI Elements are ADA Compliant

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Increase capacity of the recycle bin to be unlimited.

I want the capacity of the recycle bin to be unlimited.

If the number of items in the recycle bin exceeds a certain value,
    the page will not be displayed properly as a "scale limit".

I've heard that adding "?usemarker=true" to the end of the URL of the recycle bin page makes it accessible.
    However, there are some restrictions on the operation, and I would like to see the limit raised or made unlimited.

ごみ箱の容量を無制限にしてほしい

ごみ箱内のアイテム数が一定値を超えると「規模の限界」としてページが正常に表示されない仕様かと思います。
    ごみ箱ページのURLの最後に「?usemarker=true」を追加することでアクセスが可能になるということですが、
    操作に制限があることもあり、この限界ラインを上げる/無制限にするといった改修を希望します。

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. UI enhancements to indicate moving/copying activity in progress

When moving/copying files and folders in BoxDrive, I want to be able to see visually that an operation is taking place.

Currently, BoxWeb displays a green dialog at the top of the screen when you move or copy files or folders,
    but However, BoxDrive has an explorer-like feel, so I don't think this kind of display appears even when a move/copy is performed.

However, BoxDrive has an Explorer-like feel, so I don't think this kind of display appears when moving/copying is performed. or some other confirmation dialog. When an operation is performed, we would like to see a confirmation dialog…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add a folder in Bulk

It would be nice to have the ability to create a folder one time, but as a waterfall in hundreds of other folders. Instead of adding the same sub-folder under all 300 main folders individually, there needs to be a way to add the same sub-folder to all main folders in one step.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Lock Sorting Settings of Files & Folders independently

We would like to be able to lock the sorting settings of files in folders? If we sort the folders based on A-Z the files inside the folders swap to Z-A. We would want them to be fully independent from each other.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to save reports to a custom location

With the upcoming report scheduling function, coupled with improved filters to better streamline reports that are generated, it would be really useful to be able to define a custom save location for a report that is generated as part of that process (i.e. to any folder within your box instance and not just the default 'reports' bucket).

Our use case is that we'd like to set up a series of scheduled reports (soon possible!), each one filtered to activities within a specific folder (also now possible!) and then have that report automatically save into the folder to which it relates…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add 'undo' function when updating Box Notes

It is good the file is automatically saved frequently. But the problem is once I delete something accidentally, I have to retype all of them again because I cannot undo what I have just done. It will be more convenient if there is such an "Undo" function like what they have in the office system. Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to send a template doc to a bulk list of names (which are assigned to a given signature line)

For example, a contract with three parties where person 2 and 3 are the same, but hundreds or thousands of agreement templates need to be send out where person 1 is different. With a bulk important for a given signature line, each doc would not need to be sent one at a time. This is a current feature of DocuSign and vital for our business in order to use an e-signature platform.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Enhance File/folder restoration process

File/folder restoration on Box is a slow and clumsy process. When my end users move/delete large folders by accident and try to restore them, it takes HOURS for it to restore and to my end users, it looks like nothing is happening until the process is complete. This large window of time where nothing seems to be happening further frustrates my end users and they make more changes during the restoration process further making a mess and I have to end up opening a ticket with support to clean up the mess. Why can't Box architect an "Activity" section in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability for users to edit user name with special characters

Admins can update user names with the following characters: ! $ % ^ & = . + { } : ; / ? > < | ~ _ `. But users can't modify their name with those characters on the Profile screen of the user's individual Account Settings.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Users and Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add Anomalous Deletion Activity Alerting to Shield

Detect and alert if a user deletes an unusual number of files / folders

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shield  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Need confidentiality notice to display when Box folder is accessed

Need the ability to display a confidentiality notice when a specific Box folder is accessed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Box uses low contrast fonts which make reading messages difficult

Emails from Box render with a grey font against a grey background in Outlook. Emails are unreadable.

Fonts on the website are low contrast making it hard to read.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Transfer ownership of a file

I was blown away that I can't change the ownership of "files", only folders. We have a user that retired and we need to transfer ownership of all her content to other employees (not just a single employee). Transferring ownership of a "folder" is easy and straightforward.

Box has a limitation that prevents you from transferring ownership of an individual file. This user has about 40 files at their root of her account (under All Files). The only way to change ownership is to move the file into a folder and then share and change the ownership of the folder.…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. File request - Allow only Manage Users from an EID to upload via File Request

In file request, have the ability to state that only a managed user in the EID or an external user that has been invited to the folder can upload, no one else. By doing this, it prevents a file request link from being randomly guessed or found on the internet AND prevents a random user from uploading bad or malware/virus infected content. The current state of requiring the user to login is too generic and doesn't meet the requirement of keeping the file request locked down. Using the collaboration role for upload is not what is needed. The File Request…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base