Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. PlatformレポートにAPIコールとネットワーク使用量を出力できるよう拡張してほしい

Customers are asking for reporting that shows who(AppUser/SystemAccount) is leveraging Box integrations with how many API calls and how much network traffics usage.

[In Japanese]
    顧客から「Platformレポートにユーザー単位(AppUser/SystemAccount)でAPIコール数およびネットワーク使用量を出力できるようにしてほしい」という要望が挙がっている。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Inability to lock files in Box Mobile

Box for Mobile app needs to allow users to lock files while editing otherwise it creates work to manually reconcile the differences from all the duplicates that are created. This renders working on common documents by many users ineffective.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. change default value of 'Link viewers can'

Account settings > Sharing > Shared links > 'Link viewers can'
    Admin console > Enterprise settings > Content & Sharing > Shared links > 'Link viewers can'

When user select 'Preview, download, and edit the shared item' in 'Link viewers can', default value of shared link is 'Can view and download'.

When user select 'Preview the shared item only' in 'Link viewers can', default value of shared link is 'Can view only'.

User want to set default setting to 'Can view only' when user create shared link.
    However, if user set 'Preview the shared item only' in 'Link viewers can',…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to Favorite and Add to Collection Read-Only Box Notes

Currently if someone sends me a read-only link to a Box Note, I am not able to make it a favorite or add it to a collection. This makes it hard for me to keep track of those Box Notes if I want to go back to them at a later time. You should be able to save or organize Box Notes even if you have Read-Only access.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Mobile Notes

Make notes editable on Mobile Android.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. @mentions Center

I think it would be great to have something similar to the Box Task Center but with mentions. Currently, you can only see them from the little bell icon and scrolling, but once you click on one the dropdown disappears. If it could route you to a page where you could easily manage the mentions received, that would be most helpful. I think they used to have that functionality, but it was removed a while back.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support for Regular Expression (REGEX) for Auto-Classification in Shield

We would like the ability to support Regular Expressions (REGEX) for creating auto-classifications rules in Shield. This would greatly enhance how much we can leverage the capability

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Shield  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Exports users doesn't reflect the latest users

We're using the list of users which we can export from 'Export Users' button in Users and Groups menu to verify if the user provisioning tool is working correctly on the daily basis.

Although I heard from Box that Box reports are being migrated to new data platform to improve the performance, this new Export Users report doesn't reflect the latest users. Maybe this new one reports the user list as of roughly half a day ago, so we can't our daily verification task correctly...

I think user list should reflect the latest status so I want Box to fix…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

on roadmap  ·  0 comments  ·  Users and Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Easy way for co-owners to see the deletion operations of collaborators in a co-owned folder.

Currently, only the owner of the item and the user who deleted the item can see the deleted item from the Recycle Bin.
    Users with co-owner rights will not be able to see/restore deleted items in folders that they co-own.
    Co-owners are not authorised to output reports.

In some cases, tenants who are managed by closed folders ask co-owners to manage the folders.
    One of the key roles of the co-owners is likely to be to ensure that necessary items are not deleted by the collaborator.
    We want an easy way for co-owners to see the deletion operations of collaborators…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Using folder hierarchy to reduce number of shared folders

It would be great if Box could group by the parent folder if a user is shared more folders from the same parent folder example if i had the following folders

• Projects
      -> Project A
      -> Project B
      -> Project C

If I shared Project A and Project C with a user, it would be better if they saw the following

• Projects
      -> Project A
      -> Project C

However if i just share Project A then they would only see this.

This would save having a huge number of folders in the Root of each users account.

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Visible Folder Tree Setting

Problem: users often have files/folders shared with them by collaborators, and the titles of these folders can be the same - e.g. 3 folders all named "Photos." Without clicking into these folder, you don't have context as to who owns it/where it came from.

Request: Allow folder owners to decide if they will allow folder tree visibility on their collaborated folders. This would provide context without giving direct access to content they should've have access to.
    e.g. They can add Folder Visible on an upstream folder and they would see the folder but no content until they get to the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. FIX the SEARCH to search exact terms and support advanced search parameters

There are several major issues here, search should be powerful in order to make the tool as useful as possible. It is to the point now that we are storing so much information on Box that not having a search tool that actually works is causing us serious headache and loss of productivity.

1. Search returns results for all forms of a word, how is it helpful to be absolutely unable to narrow a search. For example, if I search for "Government" (yes, even when using quotes) I get results including government, governance, govern, etc. Thanks Box, you have now included…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Transfering ownership of Relay workflow

If a workflow "owner" isn't functioning within the process where he is responsible for the flow anylonger (He is still within the organisation and so should not be decommissioned), Relay should allow transfer of that specific workflow to another member of the team rather can creating a new workflow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. new tab opens for link destination

It would be nice to be shown link destination in a new tab or window (w/o right clicking function) when clicking on URLs/hyperlinks for comments, search results etc. on Box.
    Jumping to link destinations in the same windows makes me unhappy cause I have to re-open original site each time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Save box notes in collections

Hi Box Team,

currently I can mark a box note as favorite and it will eventually show up in my favorite folder. However, it would be great if I could add box notes to one or more of my collections. This allows me to better structure the information available on Box.

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there!

We just released the Collections in Notes feature this week. You should now see the Collections menu item when you go to the “…” menu in your Notes app (next to the share button). Hope this helps!

16. I want to select multiple users from the collaborator list and delete all the collaborators at once.

I would like to add the ability to select multiple users from the collaborators list and delete collaborations in bulk.

Currently, in the Box folder, you need to select the permissions of each user from the collaborators list and select one user at a time.
    Example: Editor → Delete

This takes a lot of time when there are a lot of users, so we need a function to delete them all at once.

If there are a lot of department transfers within the company, the folder administrator has to do this every month for security reasons for each user.

If…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. embed picture without file name

I'm trying to embed a picture saved to Box into a project, but the title of the photo, as well as the options to log in or sign up appear always. I'd like to remove that header information from my embedded image.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add folder shared with all people in my company to favorites and collection

Hi Box Team,

When I share a folder with all people in my company, then my colleagues can access the folder with the link but they cannot add the folder to their favorites or collections. It would be great if folders shared with people in my company can be added to collections or favorites by my colleagues.

Regards Nils

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Generate Shared Links as a Relay Outcome

Would like the ability to automate generating shared links on files within Box Relay as an outcome. One use case for this would be to create a process for generating external shared links. Many security-conscience customers don't want everyone to have the ability to shared content externally without some sort of approval or oversight. If we added generating and sharing shared links as an outcome in Relay we could build approval flows that would allow users to get approval to share a file externally even if they don't have the access do so.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Annotate video preview

Being able to annotate the video preview screen is very useful for video industries.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Annotations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base