Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Modify the default published Relay template

There are some Relay templates that Box provides by default that are not available to our company.
    Therefore, we would like to control whether or not the default templates are published by tenants.
    Also, we would like to publish the templates that we have created as targets.
    Modify the default published template.

(In Japanese)
    Boxがデフォルトで用意しているRelayテンプレートが、我々の企業では利用できないテンプレートがあります。
    そのため、デフォルトで用意されているテンプレートの公開有無をテナントで制御したい。
    また、作成したテンプレートも対象として公開したい。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Template for publishing to specific groups in Box Relay

The only templates in Relay are company templates and My Templates.
    Our company has templates that we want to publish for each group, so we would like you to provide the ability to publish templates to groups.
    (In Japanese)
    Relayのテンプレートは、会社のテンプレートとマイテンプレートしかありません。
    我々の企業ではグループごとに公開したいテンプレートが存在するため、テンプレートのグループ公開機能を提供してほしい。

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Uploading restrictions for folders to which Box Shield's "External Collaborator Restrictions" are applied

We would like to be able to restrict users from uploading files and folders to folders to which BoxShield's "External Collaborator Restrictions" have been applied by dragging and dropping them into the browser.
    By granting users the authority to edit and prohibiting uploads, it will be possible to more clearly distinguish between file management and access authority management, and allow editing while maintaining a level of security.

(In Japanese)
    BoxShieldの「外部コラボレータ制限」を適用しているフォルダに、ブラウザへのドラッグ&ドロップでファイル・フォルダをアップロードすることを制限できるようにしてほしいです。
    ユーザーに編集する権限を付与し、アップロードを禁止する事でファイル管理及びアクセス権限の管理をより明確に区別し、セキュリティレベルを保ちつつ編集を可能とする事が可能になると考えられます。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shield  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. How to preserve folder date created & timestamps

Please please please preserve the date created for a folder. When I sync a folder across another laptop, the date created changes as the time of upload. Me, including a hundred other people do not want that. Files seem to have their date created, date modified date & timestamps preserved.

Basically, can you please create a system where the folder properties ARE preserved and as a facet of BOX make other properties separate from windows folder properties so that it's easier for us as local users and business users to sort their data how they want to.

If you can…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Sync  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. <Ability to set date and time variables for files/folders in Box Relay.>

When multiple folders/files with the same name are created (newly created/copied) on the same day using Box Relay's folder/file actions, the current specification makes it impossible to determine which item is the latest.
    Please insert a date/time variable such as "yyyy/mm/dd hh:mm:ss" in the item name so that we can know when the folder/file was created.

<BoxRelayのファイル/フォルダに日付と時刻の変数を設定する機能>
    Box Relayのフォルダアクション/ファイルアクションで同じ日に複数の同一名称のフォルダ/ファイルが生成(新規作成/コピー)された場合、現状の仕様ではどのアイテムが最新のものか判断がつかない。
    いつ生成されたフォルダ/ファイルかわかるように、アイテム名称に「yyyy/mm/dd hh:mm:ss」のような日時変数を挿入してほしい。

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. home button on iOS app

When I get many folders deep into Box on iOS, it would be helpful to have a home button to go all the way back to the top of my folder structure. Currently I occasionally have to click many times to navigate back to the top.
    Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. White IP list for Admin Console Access

We would like to restrict access to Admin Console by IP address. ( White IP list for Admin Console Access) because it is most critical features add users and modify user access right.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add an option to create PDF/A docs from scans on iOS

The PDF/A format is archival. As we are scanning documents to save using the improved "Scan Document" function in Box, it would great if we could (either on the fly or as a static setting) choose to save PDF files as PDF/A.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add the optional message text on Shared Link Email to the event in the API

When a user clicks the email button the Share Link screen they have the ability to enter an optional message to the person they are sending the link too. This optional message is not captured anywhere in the Box system or event stream. The only way to capture a record of this optional message is with the Compliance Email Archive. Customer would like for this optional message be captured in the event stream so 3rd party compliance software can capture that information. This is an issue in regulated industries like Wealth Management in Financial Services that require logging ALL potential…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core & Technical Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Customize default view

The side bar that shows who the folder/file is shared with always appears and takes up way to much space so I always close it. I wish I didn't have to close it all the time and my preferred view was remembered or I can customize my views in my account

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Intercom Integration

With the level of customizations and integrations available in Box, it becomes necessary to offer live internal support for our users from time to time. We would like to integrate our customer support solution, Intercom, into Box to help us quickly field questions and walk people through issues.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Partner Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Register multiple certificates in the certificate presence function of Device Trust.

Currently, only one certificate can be registered in the certificate presence function of Device Trust. This makes it very inconvenient when the certificate expires. Please make it possible to register multiple certificates to eliminate the time when the function cannot be used.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Folder settings Notification mail

Currently, there are two ways to set up email notifications: from [Account Settings] and [Folder Settings].
    The name "Folder Settings" may be misleading.
    The reason for this is that the name [Folder Settings] seems to affect users who are invited to the folder as collaborators.
    Therefore, please add a note to [Folder Settings] that the scope of the effect is only the user who made the setting, and that the effect is not reflected on users who are collaborating on the folder.

現在メールによる通知設定は、[アカウント設定]からと[フォルダ設定]があります。
    この[フォルダ設定]ですが、とても誤解を受ける名称をしているかと存じます。
    理由として、[フォルダ設定]とあるため、フォルダにコラボレーターとして招待されているユーザーに影響があるように見受けられるためです。
    そのため、この[フォルダ設定]には影響範囲は設定を行ったユーザーのみであることと、フォルダにコラボレーションされているユーザーには反映されない旨を注釈として記載してください。

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Auto-size content search manager as you go down the tree

When using the content search manger, the further you go down the tree the less of the folder name you see. This view should auto-expand to show the full name of the folder not just the the first couple characters.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to reduce file size when image is scanned via the Box mobile app

Ability to reduce file size when image is scanned via the Box mobile app.
    - Currently, the size of PDF files obtained when we scan a document via the Box mobile app, is very large.
    - Example: Box app on iPhone file size - 7.4MB; Apple's "import from iPhone" file size: -3.9MB. - Could we have the ability to resize / reduce quality of these files?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Missing wakelock on Android app when playing video

When plays a video, Android app don't make a wakelock, so device goes to sleep very often, and I must do taps to prevent this! But most of taps decrease size of fullscreen video because of showing a bars by short time - very annoying, please fix this!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Gestures for jump 10 seconds rewind/forward in video player

Please implement in video player some gestures for jump 10 seconds rewind/forward, eg double tap on sides like in youtube and many other apps. Because when I watch a long video, it's very hard to jump a little back-forward via tabs on the scroll bar, but this action (especially back) is needed very often, when I listen to the speech.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preview  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Please make the login form as one step

Now the login form have two steps - at first step I need to fill login, then press "Next" button (for what?), fill my password, press "Log in".

This type of login form brings problems with auto-filling credentials by most of browser plugins.

Please remove the surplus useless step with pressing "Next" in login form, to allow fill login and password in one page, using "Tab" button (or auto-fill plugin), like in most of other websites.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I have several reviewers that need independent approve/reject in parallel (simultaneously) rather than serially.

We have 5 reviewers for a task, each having different elements they are responsible for reviewing. Currently we can require they each approve independently, however if one rejects the task is ended for all, regardless of whether they've reviewed it or not, approved it or not.

We need 100% independent approve/reject

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Native searching in Box on Windows 10

Previously, you were able to search natively using Box Drive and Box Sync on Windows 7. Windows 10 has been out for a good amount of time now and since Box had an update that removed Box Sync in favor of the Box Drive application, it has become much more difficult to search through thousands of files using the Ctrl+Shift+Alt+B shortcut as this panel does not show as many results as compared to previous versions of Box. I would like to see a feature in Box that will let me search through all my files in Box through File Explorer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base