Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. cursor does not move to search box

Since your last update, when I click on the search box, my cursor does not move automatically to the box. I must place the cursor in the search box. I am using a Mac with the Chrome brower.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. force user logout for password change

Implement a time-based logout for specific users so they are immediately prompted to change their password.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to lock down folders to prevent accidental moving of files or deletion

Ability to lock down folders to prevent accidental moving of files or deletion

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Deleted administrator

I deleted the former administrator and the files he created disapeared. I can I restore his files?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would like to see BoxWeb implement a function to sort files by extension.

The current BoxWeb does not allow sorting by file extension.
    However, in some fields, a large number of photos and videos are often taken for measurement and development work, and many types of files are miscellaneously stored in a single folder.

For example, when searching for image files (.png/.jpg/etc...) For example, if you are looking for image files (.png/.jpg/etc...), you can search for them by file name, but you may also want to check them by file extension.

We currently use a method of dividing files into categories by file type, such as blocks of image files, blocks of video…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. COPY / MOVE API events to include origin file's ID, name and location

Currently there is no way to know which file was copied/moved in Box Events API. It is only possible to see the destination file name and location, and only if the file was copied/moved within one Box instance. This presents a major challenge for customers who want to build custom programs that monitor copy/move activity both inside and outside their Box instances.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add faster playback speed for audio files (1.1-2x)

Pretty self explanatory, would allow for optimal audiobook/podcast/Mp3 playback

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Edit a Box note without a box account

There should be a way to edit a Box note for people that do not have a box account. When I work with folks from older generations, they are often overwhelmed with creating new accounts. I don't want them to need to create a box account to be able to edit Box notes. If the note has a shared link, anyone with the link should be able to edit the note - without needing to be signed in to their box account.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Search for keywords in File content and not only in file names

Just like Explorer search, Box should be able to list PDF files that contain the keywoard in their content and not only in the File name.

Example:
    If using Box to store CVs, Box should be able to list CVs that has a specific skill.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Show Metadata in Box Drive

Metadata is currently not visible in Box Drive. Is there a way to show/apply/change metadata without going to the web interface?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to automatically remove deleted users from admin console settings

Currently, you can enable features like Mark for Offline and folder-level metadata cascading by adding a user to the setting on admin console. When a user is deleted, the deleted user is left listed in the setting. We would like the deleted user be automatically removed from the settings.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Default sort by date to descending (most recent first)

The default sort order is Alphabetical by folder name. When I sort by Updated date, it defaults to ascending -- oldest items first. I'm most often looking for something in a folder that was updated very recently; I would prefer that the default for sorting by Updated date be descending -- newest items first.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. box for office use several accounts

I have 2 Box accounts and one instance of Outlook. It'd be very convenient to be able to download / upload using several accounts from Box for office (save attachments in Outlook, attach links, etc.).
    As an example, I have this ability with Adobe Acrobat in which my 2 accounts are linked.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box for Office  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Limit the SFDC tenant which can be integrated via Box for salesforce to the one allowed by Box Admin

In the current Box for Salesforce integration, Box Admin can't limit the Salesforce tenant which can be integrated and Box for Salesforce integration can be setup with normal Box accounts so normal employee can set up Box for Salesforce by using their normal Box account and Salesforce Developer edition.

Even if the company prohibit to access Box from a private computer from home or outside the company network, once this integration was setup and access token was give to Box for Salesforce application a user can retrieve the contents via Box for Salesforce from a private computer.

So this can…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Partner Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. About the uppercase / lowercase letters of email address at the time of invitation

■Request
    I would like to set an account to be recognized as a registered account regardless of uppercase / lowercase letters of the email address.

■Background
    When specifying a collaborator, if I specify a managed user whose email address contains uppercase letters, in lowercase letters only (or vice versa), the globe icon may be displayed (= displayed as an unmanaged user).

In the Collaborator list after the collaboration is completed, it is automatically corrected on the Box side, and the globe icon does not appear.
    However, by displaying a globe mark when specifying a collaborator, it may cause confusion that…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow groups to be added as collaborators in Relay “Add Collaborator” outcome

Would be great to be able to add a group of collaborators “Add Collaborator” outcome. Right now only single users are accepted as input.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When are you going to bring back file aliases? Bookmarks are not the same and don't cut it.

We need to be able to create symlink/aliases for files in multiple locations so that we aren't forced to upload a file multiple times, in several folders.

We use Box to allow our clients to download files, and we sort those in a way that makes sense for them. We also use Box to upload all of our files in a way that makes sense for our employees to find assets. Without symlinks/aliases this is tedious to do and ridiculous to manage.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Shield Classification based on keywords or text terms

Shield auto-Classification on keywords or terms

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shield  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Help

Hi. It would be great to have photo or video links for the help/how to sections. Some of the wording (at least as a Mac user)doesn't match up with how I normally navigate Mac. Would help avoid having to contact help chat. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. video thumbnail hover preview

I would like to be able to hover my mouse over a thumbnail of a video and preview frames from it when I move my cursor left or right. Just like in Adobe Premiere Media Browser. It would make it easier to parse through footage faster without downloading or playing the video.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base