Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Java SDK Readtimeout setting

Right now in order to not have issues with client applications, we are setting the ConnectionTimeout=60 seconds, and ReadTimeout = 60 seconds.

In our applications we are uploading/downloading files, and doing Searches. So we need the higher readtimeout for those operations as it will take some time for the API's to respond, especially in the afternoons EST.

We would like to be able to set the readtimeouts depending on the exact API being called.

ie BoxFile.getInfo() should have a much lower readtimeout than BoxFile.download()

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Customize invitation notifications to approvers for new feature additions

A new feature has been added to Relay called "Invite Contact as Viewer" which will send invitation notifications to users who have already been invited to a group.

We are getting invitation notifications every time we approve something, which is causing confusion.
    Please stop the invitation notifications.

「担当者をビューアーとして招待する」という新機能がRelayに追加されましたが、この機能によりグループですでに招待されているユーザーに招待通知が送信されます。

承認時に毎回招待通知が届いてしまい混乱を招いています。
    そのため招待通知を止めるようにしてほしいです。

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to set reminders for approaching deadlines on task approvals

In the current version of Box Relay, you can set a deadline when assigning a task.
    However, after setting a deadline for approval, it would be nice if there was a function to send a reminder X days before the specified deadline so that the approval is not overlooked.
    Please add a function to send a reminder at a specified date and time before the specified deadline to prevent the approval from being overlooked.

現在のBox Relayでは、タスクを割り当てるときに期限を設けることが出来ます。
    しかしながら承認期限を設定した後に、指定された期限のX日前にリマインダーを送る機能があれば、承認を見落とすことがないかと思います。
    見落としによる承認未実施を防ぐためにも、指定した期限前に指定した日時でリマインダーを送る設定機能を追加ください。

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to comment on Box Relay approval tasks

Currently, there is no function to enter comments when executing approval tasks using Box Relay.
    We are currently using email and the Mention function, but this is inconvenient, so we would like to have the ability to enter comments at the time of approval or rejection.
    Having a comment when approving or rejecting a task will help us communicate with users, so we would appreciate it if you could add this as a feature.

現在Box Relayを利用した承認タスク実施時に、コメントを記載する機能がありません。
    メールやメンション機能を現在は利用しておりますが、不便なため、承認時または却下時にコメントを入力する機能が欲しいです。
    承認時や却下時にコメントがあることで、ユーザーへの意思疎通ができますので、機能として追加をいただけますと幸いです。

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I would like the ability to customize Box invite emails

For example when a managed user Shares to an external user (who happens to use the same email domain but is not a part of our organization) I would like the email link that they are sent to prompt them to create a FREE Box account NOT be added to our Enterprise automatically.

There should be a setting in our Enterprise that allows me to toggle on or off the custom sign in/sign up link that is presented to the recipient of a Share email.

Not everyone with the same domain is part of the same organization.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. One of the link icons should merely copy the url instead of a pop up window

I was told by someone on your Twitter team to send my feedback here. Essentially on the row of each file or folder in box there are two icons in which you can click to access the link for that file or folder if you have created a share link. One of them should merely copy the link to the clipboard instead of bringing up that window where are you can invite people etc. Ideally the icon in the middle to the left of the date.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Box Reports User Details - Distinguish download to local disk vs. download using Box Drive

Want a way to tell if the user downloaded it locally to their machine vs. just opening the doc via Box Drive/Office App/Box website. This feature would be extremely helpful to when a user is leaving the company and we want to know if they are “taking company docs”. Having “download” for simply opening and editing a doc is mis-leading. Would be super helpful to differentiate between the two.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Access Control Restrictions by user

As a administrator, I would like the ability to turn off certain Access Control Restrictions across all collaborators vs. limiting it to specific collaborator roles.

Example:
    Download / Print Restrictions.

we would still like users to leverage the app but, not allow them to download/print to their mobile device. Yes, the app function can be disable enterprise-wide but, we want to limit it to a specific function within the mobile app regardless of their collaborator role.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shield  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Product Support - I need phone support and remote desktop control.

I have a small business with 6 employees and we all share using box drive. I have spent about 3-5 hours over the past 2 weeks in the "chat" and email support world trying to solve a problem. I need phone support. and I need box to remotely control my desktop to solve problems. I do not have an IT department.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Handling data subject access requests

Ability to search for and handle data subject requests for compliance purposes

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. eDiscovery capabilities

Build eDiscovery features (expanded search capabilities across all content in the enterprise, export files from search results, put content on legal hold flow) in Box

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Box Sign - Ability to enable/disable for groups

This request specifically impacts all Higher Ed accounts with student users. Universities are specifically concerned about students having the ability to send e-signature requests on behalf of the University or using University letterhead and have requested a way to have Sign mass-disabled for student accounts. The easiest way for now would be to include the ability to enable/disable by group on the Configure Sign modal.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Box Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Lock Box objects tied to Salesforce records that are locked.

Within Salesforce, we have the ability to lock a record from being updated. So even though users may still have edit permissions to these records, they cannot make changes to the record while it is locked. This does not translate to box. Box content associated with that record can still be modified. I'd like to see an integration where when a record is locked, users with access to the box content can only view that content and not modify it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Partner Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I would like to have a collaboration role that only allows me to reference shared links.

I would like to have a collaboration role that only allows me to reference shared links.
    Alternatives (1) through (3) could not be adopted for a reason.

(1) Why not just use the Previewer?
    I want to collaborate from the top of the folder tree to prevent confusion about where I collaborated.
    For this purpose, I want a collaboration role that can only refer to shared links that cannot refer to other files.

(2) Why don't we just create a shared link that is open to everyone and add a password?
    If you make it public, you won't know who…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Users and Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Action Item Register

As a user of BOX I would like to be able to have one consolidated lists of all the action items that arise during meetings and I capture in the agenda template provided by Box. This way I can keep track of these action items in one place rather than having to open each agenda/meeting minutes document to list these in another location for tracking purposes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. provide a way to auto-check the 'Only one assignee is required to complete this task' checkbox

This is when you are adding approval tasks to a document. If you forget to check this, it can lead to everyone in a group having to go in and approve the document before it can be completed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. OCR support for Japanese in Android

OCR cannot recognize Japanese language in Android devices.
    https://support.box.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500000212121-Using-Document-Scanning

It would be very helpful if mobile app can recognize Japanese language when using Document Scanning.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Enhanced automatic locking of read-only files

Allow users to choose to lock or not lock the read-only configuration file instead of automatically locking it.

It also prevents the read-only attribute from being automatically released when auto-unlocked.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make bulk user upload more robust and improve error notifications

I attempted to bulk-add ~250 users. This turned into a long run of whack-a-mole and required Box Product Support intervention because:

a) Rows that did not have errors were not processed
    b) Rows that did have errors sometimes failed silently (sometimes perhaps caused by secondary email addresses or external email addresses)

My net experience was getting not-particularly-actionable errors like this:

Because some of the information in the file you uploaded may have contained errors or conflicts, not all users were added to your Box account successfully.

Of the 221 users in the file you uploaded, 221 users were not added…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Drag and Drop documents from collections to different folders

Hey!

I keep frequently used document templates in my collections, and it would be great to drag them from the left sidebar and drop them into the current folder I am viewing.

If I want to copy a document template that is in my collections sidebar to a folder, I have to click into the document and then navigate to copy/move and then find the folder I was just in and select copy.

I hope this makes sense, but happy to discuss it further.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base