Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Infinite Scroll to Users & Groups in Admin Console

Please add the Infinite Scroll feature to the "Users & Groups" display page in Admin Console, as the current view limits how many can be viewed on a single page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Where'd the rollover filenames on web go?

Am I crazy or did I used to be able to see the full file name when I rolled over and held the cursor over a file link? I no longer see tool tips of the whole filename.

Long filenames get truncated visually unless your web browser is wide enough to show them. The only way to see the full filename now is to click the rename pencil and view it there.

This is really inconvenient. Can we have our tooltip filenames back, please???

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Retain modified_by field on GET calls on content for deleted users

Right now, when using the API to make GET calls on content, the 'modifiedby' field will be NULL if the user that made the modification is deleted. For reporting purposes, it would be ideal if this information is retained. The 'createdby' field is retained, so it seems strange that modified_by results in a NULL result

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. time zone

All timestamp info associated with a file (such as that shown under File Information and Access Stats) should display the applicable time zone.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Metadata  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. version tracking between multiple files

It often happens that multiple files relate to the same product and therefore need to have the same version tracking. In this case if a version is created by mistake (the version number is incremented on a file) this can offset the version tracking between all the files related to the same product. Some solutions include:

1 - Give more flexibility around version numbering (be able to do a hard reset of the version number - i.e. reset version number from number 30 to number 25 and delete all versions in-between)
    2 - Allow version tracking between multiple files -…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide an Endpoint to Manage Public/Private Key Pair

To retire and generate a new JWT application's public/private key pair, manual intervention is needed by both the Developer Application owner and the Box Admin. It is very common to require periodic rotation of RSA keys and is often required by internal security standards.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Open app in one click

preview adds no value just adds clicks, tabs, and frustration. Either a button to open in a preselected app or just an option to do it on a double click

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Partner Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. file upload api

Please remove the "/" after 'content' in the "File Upload" API URL from the official documentation. When triggered from Postman, the current API generates HTTP Error 400.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow file to be opened from web UI on double click.

I like that I can see the preview and other information on the file when I click on the name. However, I would prefer for the file to be opened when I double click on it, instead of having to click and then having to go and click on another menu to open in Microsoft Word. It would be great to have the ability to single-click to view the details, as it is now, and double-click to automatically open a file in Microsoft Word.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I want to use the box API to add and delete tags

I want to use the box API to add and delete tags,but the[https://developer.box.com/reference/put-files-id/#param-tags]
    tags body parameter:
    To add or remove a tag, retrieve the item's current tags, modify them, and then update this field.
    In this way, current tags will be covered. If I want to add or delete tag I have to know the current tags . I want to know if there are other endpoints that can add tags directly without knowing the current tags.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to disable/modify admins receiving ALL collaboration invite notifications

Currently every time someone in our organization shares a file or folder I get an email notification, it gets obnoxious at at times. It seems silly I can't control these notifications. The following need to be able to be turned off,

• Collaboration invitations
    • Collaboration invitation acceptances

In general more control over notifications is ideal, I can't imagine why this would be so difficult. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Support Box Embed capabilities in SmartSheet

Support Box Embed capabilities in SmartSheet
    Ability to embed Box folders/files/folder picker (similar to SFDC integration) in SmartSheet

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Partner Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Better workflows for organizing content

A colleague of mine works in an a department we'll call "DepartmentX" in a larger organization. Within other departments in the org they create a "DepartmentX" folder and share that to my colleage's box account.

My colleague now has several "DepartmentX" folders and cannot at a glance see where they are from.

In the initial view in Box and even on BoxDrive the "root" is polluted with other people's stuff and it is not possible to organize that into sub folders that are meaningful.

If a user tries to drag a shared-folder into a folder they created Box attempts to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I would like to see the "running application" pop-up automatically removed after the application is opened.

When you open a native Office application in Box Edit, Box displays the message "Running application".

The above message remains even after the file is opened, but it's hard to tell if the file is open or not, so can you change the function so that it disappears automatically after the application is launched in Office?

【日本語】------------------------------------------------------------
    Box EditでOffice系のネイティブアプリを開いた際に"アプリケーションを起動しています"というメッセージがBoxには表示されます。

上記メッセージはファイルが開いた後も残り続けますが、ファイルが開けているかどうかが分かり辛いため、Officeでアプリが起動された後、自動で消えるように機能を変更して頂けますでしょうか?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Customize group admin access, Just to handle folder addition

Currently, Group admins have more privileges over on box groups, In our environment, we have 0 group admins for all the groups we manage.

Trying to see if we can have more customization on the roles been defined for a group admin.

A role where they can just manage content access will really help us bring down admin control on group access.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Users and Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Awful UI problem when adding collaborators

Please fix this awful UI problem: I tried to invite collaborators to a folder, and send a message. I hoped to include my contact info so it would show up in the email. Apparently any sort of URL is not supported in this message box. Ok, fine. But instead of giving me an error message and allowing me to save the last 15 minutes I spent compiling the list of collaborators and writing the message, the box disappeared and AFTERWARDS I got a red message box stating that URLs are not supported in this message box. I lost a lot…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow System Administrators to download pkgs/msi's for all OS without being redirected on your site.

Hello!
    I am unable to download the regular box drive pkg on my m1 mac. I am a system administrator who needs to download all pkgs/msi in order to support the business. I shouldn't have to use an intel based m1 mac just to download a pkg to upload to jamf.

https://support.box.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043696254-Large-Scale-Deployments-Box-Drive

My suggestion would be to put direct links to the intel mac pkg on this page and the m1 pkg as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. enterprise - auto add invited collaborators, need that turned off

as an admin of our Enterprise Box account I would like the ability to turn off the function that automatically adds an invited collaborator who has the same domain. We are part of the state where our domain is the same throughout the state but our Enterprise is only for a small agency. If our members invite another state agency employee to collaborate the system automatically adds them to our Enterprise. Surely there is a way to turn off that function, allow it to be a yes/no toggle even.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Support Free Form Handwriting in Box Notes

Box Notes needs fully embrace digital hand writing support, especially on mobile like with the Apple Pencil on the iPad. This is a fast growing form of taking notes now that many tables and phones support some sort of pen-based input. To be clear this is separate from pen-based annotation support Box now has I am talking about real digital note taking? I use app called Notability (www.gingerlabs.com) and they have executed this very well and already have a Box integration. I would go as far as to say that Box should buy Notability. They already have a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow AppUser in developer sandbox to use API to invite groups to folders in production.

User groups belong to the production, and production-ready applications are not supported.
    Therefore, we cannot invite groups to folders in production.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Metadata  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base