Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A snapshot of contents within a Box drive folder

Have you ever looked at a top-level Box folder and felt overwhelmed by the prospect of having to dig through and drill down to every sub-folder just to know what the contents are?

Do you get discouraged at the thought of looking for a single file that could possibly exist way down the rabbit hole of Box folders and sub-folders?

Would you rather have the ability to glance at a snapshot of an entire Box folder and all the sub-folders and files that exist within it?

A simple yet effective solution is a "tree directory" view. This is a feature…

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to force sync of Box Drive

Currently, Drive relies on event poll for updating cached contents, and if events (updates on web) are not picked up by Drive in a timely manner, then local contents get outdated (out of sync with web). As a workaround, we want the ability to force sync of a selected folder (maybe add a right click menu to force sync/refresh cache).

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. COPY / MOVE API events to include origin file's ID, name and location

Currently there is no way to know which file was copied/moved in Box Events API. It is only possible to see the destination file name and location, and only if the file was copied/moved within one Box instance. This presents a major challenge for customers who want to build custom programs that monitor copy/move activity both inside and outside their Box instances.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. "inactive" or "archive" flag maps to less-expensive storage

FEATURE IDEA:
    Provide ability to flag/classify files and folders in a way that allows Box to move them to a less-expensive storage offering on the back-end. This can be referred to as an "inactive" or "archive" flag.

BENEFITS & BACKGROUND

During the Box Higher Education Community Monthly Open Discussion on January 11th, an idea to submit to Box Pulse was formed, and seemed to have support from all in attendance (25-30 institutions).

Box acknowledges that there is a growing concern around constantly increasing storage, and the costs associated with it. The majority of files stored in Box are perceived (or…

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. We want to update the sync on the Box Drive in real time.

The data edited by myself on the Box Drive will be reflected, but I would like the synchronization to be updated in real time for data edited/saved by other users.

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. ADD LOCKED FOLDERS LIST IN THE USER ACTIVITY REPORT

Currently we have no way to look up which holders are locked via FolderLockAPI.
    To avoid any trouble not knowing who has been locked,
    we'd like to request to add the locked folders list in the user activity report.

FolderLockAPIを利用してLockされているフォルダの一覧をレポートに出したい:
    FolderLockAPIを利用してLockしたフォルダーについて、
    どのフォルダーがロックされているかがわからなくなるなどのトラブルを防ぐために、
    現時点でロックされているフォルダの一覧をアクティビティレポートに出力したい。

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support for Regular Expression (REGEX) for Auto-Classification in Shield

We would like the ability to support Regular Expressions (REGEX) for creating auto-classifications rules in Shield. This would greatly enhance how much we can leverage the capability

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Shield  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Support custom objects via the mobile Salesforce and Box integration.

The Box and Salesforce integration for Salesforce mobile does not support custom objects at all so we had to create a deep link workaround that redirects to the associated folder within the box mobile experience (this also requires some salesforce coding to populate a field with the corresponding folderID). This is not a seamless experience....it is a clunky redirect.

Also, you are not able to create the corresponding box folder for the first time from the mobile experience....you have to create the box folder from the desktop from within the box integration within salesforce first, before you are able to…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. File request - Block upload of domains not on enterprise allowlisted domains

For File Request where Enterprise requires user to login prior to submission, would like an additional security check for Enterprises that only allow for external collaboration from allowed domains as listed in the Enterprise console. If the domain is on the list then allow for file request upload, if domain is not on the allowlisted domains, block upload.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Open file from UI Elements without approval

Ability to open a file from UI Elements Open With with Box Edit without being prompted to Approve/Deny to proceed.

Currently, every time a file is opened from UI Elements, Box Edit displays the prompt and asks the user to Approve/Deny before the user can start locally opening and editing the file. This adds friction to user experience, and we want the option to not display this prompt and auto-approve the file open from UI Elements

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Be able to specify a document or a shared link in “Send Notification” outcome

It would be convenient if the “Send Notification” outcome had an option to specify a document or a shared link in the notification body.

Right now it is only possible to input plain text.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Menus are cut off and unusable

When I select one of the files closest to the top of the list, the menu options for "open with" and sometimes "download" are cut off. No matter how I resize my screen I can't reach those menu items. This is an issue across multiple computers, usually using Chrome.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Watermark of PDF and Excel files

We are not able to use watermark of PDF and Excel files on mobile devices such as iPhone and iPad. We would like to use this feature.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under consideration  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow groups to be added as collaborators in Relay “Add Collaborator” outcome

Would be great to be able to add a group of collaborators “Add Collaborator” outcome. Right now only single users are accepted as input.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Generate Shared Links as a Relay Outcome

Would like the ability to automate generating shared links on files within Box Relay as an outcome. One use case for this would be to create a process for generating external shared links. Many security-conscience customers don't want everyone to have the ability to shared content externally without some sort of approval or oversight. If we added generating and sharing shared links as an outcome in Relay we could build approval flows that would allow users to get approval to share a file externally even if they don't have the access do so.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Create a Box group/alias or ability to select a different name to replace the workflow owner’s name.

I’ve created several Relay workflows across the business and the issue I found is that people are reaching out to me because my name is tied to a task that is assigned to them. Often times, I do not have any context to the workflow so it results in me having to reach out to the person who started/uploaded the document. We want to avoid approvers having to reach out to the workflow owner vs. the actual owner of the program. This process would not be sustainable if it were rolled out to a larger company.

Currently Example: Hayley creates…

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under consideration  ·  1 comment  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add external collaborator's expiration date on collaboration report

In the collaboration report, there are invited date and accepted date, but there is no expiration date. Would it be possible to add expiration date in the collaboration report?
    Because it is too tough to confirm the expiration date one by one on the collaboration list page or using API, I demand the way to confirm enitre expiration date easily.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

not planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 3D/CAD File preview zoom function

<improvement>
    Improve zoom/enlargement in 3D file preview function

With the current 3D file preview function of Box, the display of the 3D model is small, and there is a limit to the distance that can be brought close to the 3D model even when zooming, so I would like to improve.

<Use case>
    - BIM/CIM-based 3D CAD data can be easily displayed on a browser, which can be expected to improve communication with relevant parties and productivity.
    - The viewer of a CAD maker has high performance and high affinity with CAD data, but it has a large burden such…

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

not planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Preview  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. My Collections on Box Drive

Just wondering you may develop 'My Collections' function on Box Drive.

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We are looking at how to improve content sprawl on Drive. We will be considering Collections as a possible path (among other options), but don’t have a change planned in the near-term.

20. File Request Branding EID wide.

Custom branding for file request feature. Ability to apply one custom branding template to the entire EID so that the branding is consistent across the entire enterprise. 

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 278 279
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base