Skip to content

Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• or

529 results found

1. More granular setting options for users set to "Inactive" in the Admin Console

We would like two sub options for accounts set to "Inactive" status in the Edit User Profile details (in addition to the existing Inactive setting behavior):

Inactive sub-option 1: Enable a warning for all existing shares and collaborations that the Inactive user owns. If another user is accessing a folder owned by the Inactive user, they should be informed that the content could be deleted with the deletion of the account, and that a copy should be taken quickly.

Inactive sub-option 2: Enable a warning AND make content read-only for all existing shares and collaborations that the Inactive user owns.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    not planned  ·  kwarudkar responded

This is a good use case, but other user statuses might partially solve some of these needs. Let us know in the comments if it does not.

2. brandfolder alternative - publish large files from creative team without involving a web developer to update the page

Brandfolder helps your brand easily give access to journalists wanting to write about your brand, a good example https://brandfolder.com/finisswim. On the front page of their website https://www.finisswim.com/ it shows a brandfolder icon to direct them to this link.

I want box to be able to make a folder public and let journalists have access to all the files we put in this folder. Box has this functionality - it's just not so elegant.

1) it doesn't display just the photos in GRID view. It shows the filenames, when it was uploaded, and my graphic designer's name, and the file…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Skills  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Collaborators Page - Add 'Common Folders' Column Back to Page

In Legacy, the Collaborators page had a column called "Common Folders" that told me (as a user) which folders I was collaborating in with the given user.

In Amsterdam, this column was removed, meaning the page only tells me WHO I'm collaborating with, but not WHERE I'm collaborating with them (aka in which folders)...which makes the page FAR less useful.

REQUEST: Add the 'Common Folders' (or something similar) column back to the Collaborators page so that the page can tell me both
    1. Who I'm collaborating with across my entire account
    AND
    2. Where I'm collaborating with each user (aka…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Web App  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    not planned  ·  Stephanie Zhang responded

Interesting feature request! However, we’re not able to prioritize it at this time due to competing priorities.

4. Box Sign able to collaborates with the common Box Folder approval.

We would like to request to enabled the Box Sign to collaborates with the common Box Folder approval. So the BOX Sign can add a General Task or Approval Task to a document. And also including following important items :

1. The Approver/Signer able to give some feedback or comment along the way of approval process before taking action (Accepted/Declined).
    2. If any issues during the approval process, the Requester able to modify or amend the document and then upload new version.
    3. If the request is Declined by the Approver/Signer, Requester able to continue the approval once document has been revised or…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Fetch Folder items present inside a particular folder before or after a specific date range

I have hit a dead end as I was trying to fetch files for a specific folder after a specific date.

Below is the API call which i had made with a developer token:

https://api.box.com/2.0/search?query=Autotest&ancestor_folder_ids=190051656573&fields=id,name&type=file&updated_at_range=2021-05-15T13:35:01-07:00,2023-01-20T13:35:01-07:00

As it is seen, Folder Id, Folder Name is given with a specific date range but in response 0 items are returned but there are files present which lie in that date range which is: updatedatrange=2021-05-15T13:35:01-07:00,2023-01-20T13:35:01-07:00

how can i achieve my GOAL to Fetch particular Folder items (for type=file) after a specific date of a particular Folder.

I think there should be an…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Video Preview -- Meet wcag 2.0aa compliance -

https://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG20/quickref/

FEDERAL accessibility requirements for videos on Box

This is going to be federal law. We need Box to comply with this regulation so our content says compliant.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

not planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Avoid signed document shared link expiration notifications on internal-only sign requests

Whenever a document sent via Box Sign is completed, all recipients receive an email containing a shared link to the document. This shared link expires 2 weeks later, generating a "this link is about to expire" for all of the same recipients. These notifications can be annoying, and moreover don't clearly state that it is a signed document link that is expiring (it is just a generic notification).

Our company often sends documents for signature between internal recipients only, who can always access their documents by logging into Box and finding them in the My Requests section (or in their…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Removing Selected Subfolders

I am a software developer, and I use Box so that I can access my code at work and at home. If there is a folder called Project1 with my solution files in it, the act of opening that solution or building that solution will create both a "bin" and an "obj" folder that both contain several hundred megabytes of data that does not need to be sync'ed. When I stop debugging and change the code to run it again, now I have 2 copies of nearly identical data still being pushed up to the cloud and being downloaded by…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Auto-redirect to Box account after logging in once and typing in Box.com in the address bar

One of our users does not like the fact that Box auto re-directs to his Box account after logging in to his browser once, then opening up a new tab and typing in Box.com.

Example:

1. Login to Corporate account
    2. Open new tab/window and type http://www.box.com and hit enter
    3. Page loads to corporate Box account and does not allow me to go to box.com public website

It could be addressed by an intermediary page that offers both options, or it could be addressed by identifying that the user is logged in, still navigating to the path requested (e.g. Box.com) and then…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    not planned  ·  vlarco responded

This is a rare use case where a logged in Box user wants to see the public website.

Given the relatively minor affected population, we will not introduce friction for our product to solve for this use case.

10. Correct the wording of 'Prior Versions'

Your Website states that:
    The maximum number of prior file versions you can access corresponds to your Box account type:

Personal Free - 1 Version

This simply isn't true, and I have argued this in a ticket and with a live agent, but the statement implies you can access a prior version of your file.

Definition of Prior is "earlier in time or order" so this makes your statement false as you cannot access anything but the CURRENT version in the Free version.

I would suggest the wording:
    The maximum number of file versions you can access corresponds to your…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preview  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. BoxDrive-like UI for web apps

I want you to change the UI of the web application like Windows Explorer or BoxDrive.
    Specifically, I would like the content list screen to be split into two, with the folder list displayed on the left and the contents of the folder displayed on the right.
    If you use this UI, you won't have to switch screens every time you want to display another folder, so I think it will improve work efficiency.

<WebアプリのBoxDriveのようなUI>
    WebアプリのUIをWindowsエクスプローラやBoxDriveのように変更してほしい。
    具体的には、コンテンツ一覧画面を2分割して、左側にフォルダ一覧、右側にフォルダ内コンテンツが表示されるようにしてほしい。
    このUIにすれば、別のフォルダ内を表示するときにいちいち画面遷移しなくて済むので業務効率があがると思います。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Box passwords user experience

Two issues I'd like to highlight that is significantly making the Box user experience for my users (and me) extremely frustrating.

1) Box Drive sign in experience
    When my users try to sign into Box Drive and input incorrect passwords multiple times and keep trying, they get a captcha response requirement to continue trying. It's simply broken. It requires images to be selected but this process always gets stuck in an endless loop. I can confirm this from dealing with this on multiple systems running Box Drive and 100% of the time it got stuck in a loop. This captcha…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When a folder is moved to another folder, user would like to receive a notification when the folder is moved from the folder settings.

I would like to receive notifications in the following three cases.

1. Notification when a user is moved to another folder. (Reason: Because there are many cases where other users are moved by mistake and there is no way to immediately confirm the move.)

2. Notification when an error occurs while moving an item. (Reason: To be able to determine the situation in which the move failed so that the next action can be taken more easily.)

3.Notification after the move is completed. (Reason: To be able to confirm that the move is complete, so that it can be judged that the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I'd like to be able to share a link that defaults to open the file in the native app on macOS.

I'm not sure if this is more related to Box Drive or Box Tools, but it seems like it should be possible to open files in their native app rather than in the browser, or even just to open them in the Finder rather than on the web.

Some of the reasons:
    1. Lots of people need to know where a file is within the larger heirarchy or get a file path, and it's significantly easier to do that in finder.
    2. Lots of people just don't like having to click the extra few times.
    3. It's frustrating to be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Enhance Custom Applications for large enterprises

Concerning "Custom Applications" (Admin Console-->Enterprise Settings-->Apps-->Custom Applications), the limits enforced by Box are entirely too low for a large enterprise.

--The dashboard for Custom Applications shows "22 of 25 App User licenses used". However, I only see 10 listed on the page. When I click the arrow icon to advance to page 2, I then see two more. So I can only view 12 of the 22 apps.

--When I click the 3-dot icon to the right of one of the apps to view the menu of actions, then click one of the actions, the view re-positions to the Box…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Improved messaging for "Share" dialog box and handling of Links

I have been using Box for a couple of years and still find the Share function and creation of Links very confusing and non-intuitive. For example, what are "Invited People?" and how are they different than 'People with the Link?" Why have 2 different places to copy the link? One is on the first dialog box and it appears that one takes the viewer to Box.com and they can view or download the file, but then if you click on "Link Settings" adifferent dialog box opens and there is another link you can copy. This one says Direct Link above…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Admin creates an order for the items in a certain folder and when that folder is shared it stays in that order!

When an admin (such as myself) creates an order for the items in a certain folder, and then that folder is shared, it should stay in that order! I have been coming into serious issues with this situation and I really would like box to be able to fix the glitch. It is very frustrating and I have called and emailed numerous amounts of times complaining about it and no one has done anything. For example, I was in my own account and had 3 things in one folder labeled Promo, Part 1, and Part 2. It was in the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Good day. Love Box, it's great. A problem I have is that I have set my "Documents" folder to save to Box "C:\Users\CharlevanRooyen\Box\ITSav

Good day. Love Box, it's great. A problem I have is that I have set my "Documents" folder to save to Box "C:\Users\CharlevanRooyen\Box\ITSave\Documents" and it save and sync every thing perfect until I restart or shut town my pc. The next time my pc booted up the file location changed to something ells like "C:\Users\CharlevanRooyen\oldBox2\ITSave\Documents" and it no longer save my files to box automatically. Evert time I start up my pc I need to correct the math by right klick on "Documents" on my pc then select "Properties" then select :Location" then select "Move" then select the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Box CLI Email Notifications and Folder Settings

We would like to enable upload notifications for select folders, on particular users or groups.

Currently users need to go into each folder's settings to then check the box for upload notifications, or they can select upload notifications in their user settings.

The first option is very time consuming, we have about 140 folders that we would like to target and it is hard to force employee's to complete this.
    The 2nd option removes the importance of notifications if users are being notified for everything.

It would be great to have a bulk option to enable notifications or manage other…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base