Skip to content

Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• or

528 results found

1. Configurable minimum TLS level for communicating with our tenant

We want a means to force TLS 1.2 in our environment for both internal and external users. We can control our managed users, but it does leave some external users potentially using a lower TLS connection.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

not planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Ability to revoke admin rights

Our account admin is no longer with the company, and we have no way to 1) revoke their access or 2) reassign their admin permissions. Given the confidential nature of the documents stored in Box, it is vital to have this ability internally. We thank you in advance for your help!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Single page view option for Box for Android

In Box for Android - make single page fit to screen an option for previewing PDFs.

Currently there is either 2 page - which creates a lot of blank space on the top and bottom - or the thumbnail grid - which is good for navigating to a page but not helpful for review of a single page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Option to select a folder_id other than 0 (the user's root folder) within the Move Owned Items API.

As a large company, we aim to fully automate the deprovisioning of users using Box Platform.

We would like an option within the Move Owned Items API (https://developer.box.com/v2.0/reference#move-folder-into-another-users-folder) to select a destination location other than 0 (all files).

The goal would be to automate this process and allow folders and files to be moved within an existing folder rather than at the root level.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Gmail - Expose Box Links as Pseudo-Attachments like Drive Links Already Do

When an email contains a link to a Drive file, Gmail is smart enough to keep that link in the email (of course), but also adds a nice 'attachment' UI element to the bottom of the email to make it easier for 1) the user to know what files are attached (really just linked) in the email at a glance, and 2) easy to click on the right one that they want to see.

REQUEST: Provide this same UI/UX for Box shared links that are in emails within Gmail too.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is feature is available within our Box for Gmail Add-On, where the add-on will detect and expose Box Shared Links in the add-on sidebar (Gmail does not allow third-parties access directly in the email UI)

6. Support Kerberos on Macs

Box currently supports NTLM V2 on Windows Box Sync, but only support NTLM v1 (with a keychain entry) on Mac Box Sync. Additionally, Kerberos is supported in the login flow (via the embedded browser) but not for the actual network requests that Box Sync makes.

As such, some organizations would like Box Sync to fully support Kerberos as an authentication method for the login process AND for all network requests.

Request: Add full authentication support for Kerberos.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

not planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add Metadata Template name to Details column for Metadata > 'Edit attributes' action

Currently, when you run a report for Metadata > 'Edit attribute' you cannot see the metadata template whose attribute was changed. This makes the action much less useful to an admin.

For example, if there were 2 metadata templates plus a classification policy on a file, and an attribute value in one of those templates were changed, it would be impossible from Usage Logs to see which template an attribute was actually changed.

This information is already exposed in the Enterprise Event.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Have a minimum number of rejecters to move a workflow back a step

With Relay it's possible to set the process so that only 1 reviewer of 3 needs to approve to move to the next step.

However, if 1 of those 3 reviewers rejects the expenses, Relay currently requires the other 2 reviewers to also reject to move the process back a step.

It'd be helpful for these use-cases to have the ability to set minimum required rejecters

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

not planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Improve Certificate Checking & Rotation Process

1. Proper certificate hygiene includes frequent rotation of certificates. In a large fleet of devices this may not be something that can be done instantly, so there should be a more flexible way to define what is trusted other than a single cert.

2. A generic cert can easily be copied from one device to another allowing a clever use to spoof the check on an unmanaged device.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add a RE-DO function to the UI

I accidentally covered a file (A) with another one (B) when I was UPLOADing (B). I want to re-do that step but I cannot find a way to do that. I tried to get access to older version of that file to recover the old one but there was no older version record, It looks like I lose that file (A) permanently.

I need your help to:
    (1) Recover the file (A)
    (2) Add a RE-DO function to the UI

Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Update shared link expiration workflow is confusing

The workflow to update the shared link expiration date on the mobile app is confusing and not intuitive.

Here’s what I would have expected to happen:

1. I get email in my inbox warning me that a file or folder that I own or collaborate on is expiring soon
    2. I click the link contained in the email
    3. I see a screen that gives me an option to extend the date or not
    4. I make an update or leave it as-is and confirm
    5. Done

Instead here’s what actually happens

1. I get email in my inbox warning me that a file or folder…
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make Collaboration 'Learn More Info' dynamic based on available collaborator access levels

We have the option to disable certain access levels to simplify the 'access level choices' our users have and customize which roles are able to invite other collaborators

However, when a user goes to invite a collaborator to a folder and clicks 'Learn More,' it is a static image that shows all 7 Collaborator Access Levels.

Instead, please consider:

1) Updating the Learn More info pop-up screen to be dynamic and exclude any access levels that were disabled globally

2) Adding another column labeled 'Invite' and indicate whether both co-owners and editors or just co-owners can invite other collaborators into…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

not planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Box Sign: Ask new file name at the start of using Box Sign templates

I know we can change the file name from the menu at top-right, but users forget to change the file name before sending the request. New files will be created with the file names like "Template", "Template (1)" "Template (2)"... in the same folder. Users who receive the requests cannot identify the content of the file from that kind of file names. Also, it is annoying to rename the file after sending requests.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Provide read-only scope for user information

I'd like to provide our central identity management team a way to tell whether or not a given Box user has a > 0 byte usage before they delete the user's account (for example, as someone leaves our organization). I'd like to give them read-only API access to https://api.box.com/2.0/users, without giving them any additional access. Support tells me that this isn't currently possible. It'd be nice if it was--this could be useful for a number of other uses, too, such as reporting.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Team Leads - Allow Reporting

1.  The file Access Stats feature has been requested to be exportable for all records.  Similar to this Q.

2.  A user requested to have access to self-run a filtered view of the Admin-Collaborations report to quickly see the status of all his collaborators (he deals with numerous external users and needs to know who to re-prompt.)

We would like this outside of the Admin/Co-Admin being able to do it.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We will still require admins/co-admins to grant access to reports such as this. However, we are looking into which controls and reporting might require additional self-serve enablement options.

16. Enhance UX for Viewing Box Note when Not Signed In

Currently, when a user clicks an open shared link (a 'people with the link' link) for a Box Note, it opens in their browser as read-only (as it should). However, the confusing part for end users is if they in fact do have 'edit' access to the Box Note, it appears to them that they don't, but that's because there isn't an active browser session.

REQUEST: Add a 'log in' or 'Need to edit? Sign in here' - type button in the header to make the UX better.

Scenario 1: Example with Active Login Session for Box:
    This scenario is

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Notes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    not planned  ·  Anonymous responded

Thanks for highlighting. We could consider a login button on the Read-only page, a big catch would be that we wouldn’t know ahead of time if the person has edit access until they log in. So for people without access, logging in doesn’t help them.

I don’t think we’ll do this. Unfortunately, users will just have to know they need to sign in.

17. Sharing Policy - Allow Pasting of Multiple Domains

The UX for admins to enter in domains on the Policies -> Sharing policy is pretty bad.

Box does not currently allow admins to paste in a list of multiple (even 2) domains at the same time, whether they're separate by spaces, semicolons, etc.

If we have a list of 40 domains to enter, the admin types them in one by one.

Request: allow for copy/pasting of multiple domains at once, just like we allow for in the 'invite collaborators' pop-up in the webapp.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Edit User - Add 'Device Name' and 'Device ID' to Installed Applications Section

The 'Installed Applications' section when editing a user on the Managed Users page currently only shows Application Type (e.g., iPhone) and Install Time.

This is problematic when a user has multiple devices (e.g., two entries for iPhone or 2 entries for Sync due to being logged in on more than one device).

Box already tracks Device Name and Device ID in the export of Usage Logs for 'Add Device Association', so Box should also expose this information on the Managed Users page.

REQUEST: Add 'Device Name' and/or 'Device ID' column to 'Installed Applications' section when editing a user on the…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    not planned  ·  katiele responded

This suggestion is not under consideration for the current or future roadmap. We may revisit adding new functionality to the Installed Apps section with more customer requests for this data.

19. Allow Group Admins make a GET call for enterprise users

Group Admins are able to use the webapp UI to add managed users to a group. The UI allows them to start typing a username or email address and will return any results that match. If a Group Admin wants to add a member to a group via the API, they need to know a user's user ID. However, GET calls to https://api.box.com/2.0/users?filter_term=email@domain.com by a Group Admin fail with a 403 error. The same call made by a Co-Admin succeeds.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Improve Quarantine capabilities in Box Governance

mprove Quarantine capabilities in Box Governance - specifically when it relates to file types like .eml or .msg.
    1) Allow for exceptions - e.g. quarantine all content that is uploaded with .msg, but allow it for Y folder. Use case: one team in particular needs to be able to save this type of content to Box and has permission from legal to do so.
    2) Change the "Email" option to include "User who violated the policy" - for example, in addition to sending a warning email to Admins who want to track upload of .eml files, also send the email…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Governance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base