Skip to content

Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• or

529 results found

1. Let user disable shortcut top menu () or load shortcut menu before files listing

Hi everyone,

whenever we user move from one folder to the next, using the web app in a browser, the page load is delayed by the shortcut menu on top. This shortcut menu displays buttons for [Upload][Folder][Word Document][Excel Spreasheet].

The current implementation is sooo annoying, since these four buttons are loaded on page and after the files listing in the directory. Unfortunately this shifts the file list of the directory down on the page each time.

This shifting down the file listing on the page is so annoying for browsing directories, since in that time one can't aim for clicking…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Accurate File Count - Script Automation or Access

As I've discussed with the BOX support team, BOX web interface does not display an accurate count of files. We upload thousands of files per day and when the count of files displayed by BOX is not accurate, we assume there was a network glitch and attempt to re-upload the thousands of files which results in unnecessary network bandwidth and computational resources.

The BOX support team has access to a script they run to fix errors in the file count. Until the file count is accurately displayed in the web interface, it would be nice if BOX would automatically run…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. ”Priority" lock feature (There is no way to open an Office file that is being edited online in Box Edit.)

Currently, if a user has a file open in OfficeOnline, that file cannot be opened in Box Edit.
    If I want to perform operations that are only possible in the local Excel application (e.g. sheet or macro operations) and a colleague comes home while editing in Online, my work comes to a halt.

Can you please implement a priority lock function that works as follows.
    1. click "Priority Lock" on a file that someone is editing online.
    2. Only the latest version of the target file is copied to the same folder as a separate file with "(1)". After that,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Prefix, Suffix, and related fields in Box Folder Names.

Let's be honest, at the end of the day, people sign up for Box for cloud space and organization. One very big pain point for my company is the inability to apply related fields and/or prefix/suffix's to our folder names. Let's take a very simple folder structure

Parent Folder |Folder A, Folder B | Folder A - 1, Folder A - 2, Folder A - 3 |

Currently, if I wanted to append the {Parent Folder} to each folder within the folder structure, I would have to go and rename each folder individually.

This idea thread would solve this problem.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add "FOLDER.TRASHED" event trigger to Webhooks v2

The existing event trigger "FOLDER.DELETED" only triggers a notification when a folder is permanently removed (deleted from Trash). Currently, there is no option to receive a webhook notification if a folder is sent to the trash. "FOLDER.MOVE" does not capture this action either.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Move whith leaving a bookmark menu

【Request】
    I would like to see "Move whith leaving a bookmark" added to the file menu.

【Background】
    We are trying to centralize data management by using Box, but
    Copying files and folders within Box becomes inefficient if it becomes the norm.
    Searchability is reduced, file merging becomes more time-consuming, and the risk of editing or sending the wrong file increases.

We want users to use "move" as their main tool, but
    However, if a file is removed from the source folder, other users will be confused and it will be difficult to use.

The bookmark creation function is difficult to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Render InDesign files previews with high quality

When Box creates a preview of Indesign .indd files, placed images are shown in low quality only. This prevents to run correction and approval processes with customers as some image formats aren't rendered at all (white images area), especially images with transparencies and vector images like .ai, .eps, but also .psd.
    We are an ad agency and we depend on properly rendered previews.
    Is there a way to render the previews in correct quality and resolution without beeing forced to create a PDF instead for approval?

i can see two options:
    1) create the preview with InDesign server. In this…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preview  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Invite all users who have sent an email to the email address associated with the folder

currently, Co-admins are manually inviting users to folders.
    Inviting is generated for the number of projects, it takes man-hours each time, so we want to make it easy to invite.

For example, we would like to have a mechanism that can invite all users who have sent an email to the email address associated with the folder.

[How to use]
    Generate an email address associated with the folder
    (It is assumed to be something like an email address for uploading emails)
    Give this email address to the user we want to invite
    Each user will send an email to this…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Rethink how customer feedback is handled for support tickets

I open A LOT of support tickets with Box as I'm the primary escalation point for support in my enterprise.

After every Box support ticket is solved and closed by the Box tech, I get an automated "how did we do" survey email.

I get that you guys want customer feedback but forcing it down customers' throats for EVERY ticket that is solved is not the right approach. They just become repetitive and get to the point of being annoying.

I've found a solution to get around this annoyance by creating rules to scan for common subject line text and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. My folder has disappeared on 25th Feb

For some reason my folder called "NewCo spin-off" has disappeared on 25th of Feb. I talked with IBM support for 2 hours, the girl said that she will raise a ticket but she didn't. Below is the chat. Can you please investigate this issue - why did it happen? People were using it and all of them ask me where the data is.

Advisor [Kathlyn]
    Hi, thanks for contacting Win10 support in Beijing, This is Kathlyn, Please allow me few moments to read over your inquiry and create a support ticket for you.
    11:00:12 AM
    Tatiana.Gonchar@ibm.com
    Hello, Kathlyn. I was
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Need Permission level between Viewer/Uploader and Editor

Viewer/Uploader is good, but, not good enough for all use cases; and Editor is too much--especially for external collaborators.

External collaborators need to be able to fix problems they accidentally create (e.g. uploading the wrong file) or wanting to change the name of a folder when they realize that the current name may be confusing (who hasn't done that?).

I agree with others' comments that there needs to be a permissions level between Viewer/Uploader and Editor. I can see at least four possible solutions:

1) Allow collaborators to rename a folder/file. This could help with the accidental upload as well…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Create Project Management type templates : Prince2, PMP

Having standard project management templates which might be used across various lines of business.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

not planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Box Notes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Support articles

Wow, 'Support' is not even an option on the dropdown menu above. Maybe that is the root of the problem.

Here are FIVE Suggestions:

Add 'Support' as an option on the menu above.

Folders that I can see via a web browser were not appearing on my desktop. I tried to find a support article. Found this one:

Box Sync Troubleshooting Basics

https://community.box.com/t5/Box-Sync-Troubleshooting/Box-Sync-Troubleshooting-Basics/ta-p/82

It does not address what I eventually figured out to be the problem: For each folder, I have to manually click the button with three little dots, then select from the menu the three little…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Extend auto collaboration per folders only

Hi team,

Submitting this feature request in behalf of user, requesting to add their visibility to extend auto collaboration per specific folders only.

There's a similar post on this subject, but not exactly the same. We can set an expiration date for external collaborators at the enterprise level, which is essential to security, and should be set as the "default" setting at the enterprise level. However, there are certain circumstances where a folder would need to be shared long term with many people, and the Box owner account should have the ability to do one of two things, or both:

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Request to improve behavior where updaters are visible only when operating from mobile

Hi Box Teams,

I would like to improve the following behavior.

Problem behavior:
    If non-collaborators access the People with the link from Box's web app, they won't see who updated the file, but if they access it from Box's mobile app, they'll see who updated the file.

This problem occurs when a folder's co-owner or owner updates a file. If the user has the permission of the editor or lower, the user who updated the file is displayed as "Anonymous".

Expected Behavior:
    Since we have set the folder so that only the owner or co-owner can see the information, we…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. BoxSignの署名者の本人確認強化について/ Strengthening Identity Verification of Signers of BoxSign

We recognize that BoxSign is a very convenient function because it allows the signer's workflow to be completed on Box, but we have determined that it cannot be used in actual operations because it does not provide sufficient assurance of the signer's identity.
    As described in the following website, signer authentication can be added, but it must be configured individually on each workflow, and we believe it is very risky to leave the configuration to the user.
    https://support.box.com/hc/ja/articles/4406861109907-%E8%BF%BD%E5%8A%A0%E3%81%AE%E7%BD%B2%E5%90%8D%E8%80%85%E8%AA%8D%E8%A8%BC

Therefore, we would appreciate it if you could improve the functionality so that the following parameters can be restricted in the Enterprise…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Password reset process is cumbersome

Even with the understanding that my specific situation might add a few steps, it is significantly longer and more involved than the analogous process for any other product, tool, or service that I use. I have described the steps that I have to go through and would encourage the Box Developers and UX Teams to consider a more seamless way to do this in some future release.

Reset Password – Box Drive
    Key:
    - = optional step, performed for positive validation that the new password was accepted
    + = step that is specific to my setup

1. At Windows/Domain login, notification…
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Uploading files with exactly the same hash value on BoxDrive should not be recorded as a 'copy' in the user activity report

If I upload a new file on Box Drive and then upload the same file (with the same hash value) again, the server copies the first uploaded file to reduce load and the user activity report records it as a copy. Even if these two file names are different!
    In this case, if I have a workflow triggered by 'upload' in Box Relay, the trigger may not work because the event is considered a copy.
    This behaviour is a limitation of the product specification, but I would like a fix so that it is treated as an upload.

■In Japanese…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?