Skip to content

Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• or

529 results found

1. Notify me when a file is unlocked by another collaborator

When a file is locked for editing by another user, on a case-by-case basis, I would like to be notified via email when that file is unlocked.

Either:

1. a file-setting that always notifies me after a user unlocks a specific file or
    2. a one-off subscription to a file when it is locked that I can set that notifies me via email when that file is unlocked. After this one-off notice occurs, the subscription would be deleted.
    10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Separate Move / Copy buttons

Please consider improving this within Amsterdam

There are a number of use cases that can be supported by separating the Move / Copy button into unique buttons:

1) Folder or file templates: Users with Viewer access (can download) should be able to COPY a file or folder elsewhere. Currently this is not supported -- the user must download, which loses BoxNotes and Bookmarks.

2) Separating "records" from reference material -- If Retention is set on a file, the user may want to copy a version elsewhere that is not subject to Retention

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    not planned  ·  Stephanie Zhang responded

Interesting suggestion, but we won’t be focusing on this ask for the time being due to competing priorities.

3. Secure open link - Domain white list for open shared link

This request is an idea that will become possible after the following requests are realized.
    Secure open link① - Require email address verification with one-time password
    https://pulse.box.com/forums/909778-help-shape-the-future-of-box/suggestions/43755942-secure-open-link-require-email-address-verifica

【Summary】
    Please add "Allow only email addresses from specific domains to receive one-time passwords" to the Open Link settings.
    This will make it possible to prevent secondary distribution and miscommunication, which is a huge issue for Open Link.

【Issues to be solved】
    Current Open Link is not secure enough as an alternative to attachments.
    Compared to attachments, the ability to determine the information of the access source and the ability to block access…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Security  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add support for Integrated Windows Authentication for Box Drive login flow

Integrated Windows Authentication (IWA) allows for the following login flow for the webapp:

1. User logs into Windows
    2. User goes to Box and selects to use SSO to login
    3. When the user is redirected to their Identity Provider, the browser sends the user's OS credentials and the user does not need to enter credentials again
    4. User is logged into Box

This would provide a more seamless experience for users. In our computer labs, users would sign into Windows, click one button in the Box Drive login window, and have access to their Box content natively in the OS.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

not planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Download all versions of a single file at once

If a file has multiple versions, it would be great to be able to download all these versions at once in a single Zip file.

For exemple, if I have a Word file named "test.docx" with 247 versions of it, you would be able to download a single file named "test.zip" containing 247 Word files, named "test(1).docx", "test(2).docx", …, "test(247).docx".

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Option to Remove Expiration of a Collaborator after Auto-Expiration is disabled

Admin request option when disabling Auto-Expiration feature for collaborators within Enterprise:

1. Allow option to choose extension date for pre-existing collaborators who's access is going to expire.
    2. Allow option to disable/remove auto expiration for collaborators by Admin or Owner.

This will affect multiple user across our enterprise where they will have to be re-invited to folders since expiration cannot be removed.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Security  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    not planned  ·  dfisher responded

Thank you for your note! We will consider this request with additional demand.

7. AWS AppStream integration

We really, really want to deploy AWS AppStream 2.0. Please work with AWS on adding the Box platform to AppStream 2.0

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Removed Collaborator Report That Show Affected Folder Path, Folder Owner, & Link To Affected Folder

Recently, my company ran into an integration bug between Okta and Box, which result in a mass deprovisioning of users account. We were able to reprovision user account fairly quick but there as a mass folder permission lost.

If the user permission was granted via a group, all permission was successfully restored. However, if the permission was granted individually, that permission was lost. Ticket was open with Box support to request for assistance with folder permission restore but they could not help.

So the next best thing was try to run "User Activity" report on "Removed Collaborator" on the service…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 2-Factor Authentication for Drive

If a client has MFA/2-Factor Authentication required for all users, it would be great if Drive required similar additional protection to safeguard user content.

Community article on MFA: https://community.box.com/t5/How-to-Guides-for-Account/What-is-2-step-Verification/ta-p/50

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

not planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Manage collections folder through sub-collections

I have too many Box folders shared with me and they all show up under "All Files". Collections is a good way to organize but I need to have a hierarchy/folder structure for Collections. Currently this can only be achieved through faking a folder structure through naming.

example
    Project1
    Project1-subproject1
    Project1-subproject 2

Being able to create sub collections would solve this.

Currently my Box account is a huge mess of shared folders.

Cheers,
    Matt

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collections  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Restore Box Drive behavior on MacOS when it mounted as an external hard drive with on-demand file streaming

Product: Box Drive Version 2.24.193 installed 2021-10-12 on MacOS 11.6

Newest release 2021-10-12 has removed the "external hard drive behavior" and on-demand file streaming feature (as illustrated in first 2 minutes of https://youtu.be/t7tPs1naUtY), which was THE reason I use Box. Now it behaves like OneDrive: (1) viewing Box file requires full download, (2) downloaded file remains on computer until manual removal, (3) dragging and dropping into Box folder literally moves file rather than copying file. These behaviors make life miserable and are the reasons I do not use OneDrive. Now Box has removed the sole reason I want to…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Box Drive  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Compliance & Retention of File Activity Comments

We are using the Activity section on each file to keep a running list of processing notes for each documents - ie invoice approvals, marketing and advertising review, etc. More granular control of comment governance would be very helpful.

For instance, including comments in permission settings to prevent a user from deleting comments, or include in Governance Admin Panel an option to disable comment editing. Comments should also be subject to the same retention requirements imposed on the file itself - ie if the file has a 5 year retention period.

Also, while there is a User Activity report that…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Governance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Show the storage used AND the storage capacity of each user (i.e. 1.5GB / 2.0GB)

Since users do not get messages letting them know when their storage is almost full, admins can see at a glance and give manual warnings

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Default sort order to updated descending

1. Trash default sort is Name Ascending – Can we get this changed to Updated descending
    2. In any view, when clicking the Updated column, can we get the first click to be Descending instead of Ascending.
    7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. MFA option to be TOTP or SMS or Email

When the MFA option is released currently the option is:
    1. TOTP
    2. TOTP or SMS or Email.

Can you make it a check list so we can enable the one we want?
    For example, I only want TOTP and SMS.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Security  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. PDF Bookmarks

Please add back the ability to use built in PDF Bookmarks to the Box IOS App. This ability was present up until about 2 months ago now when apparently a library used to render PDF's was upgraded causing this ability to be lost.

This has been an important feature for us as our users access large 50+ page PDF documents on a regular basis. During a meeting when directed to access a specific page within the document and bookmarks still worked, a user could simply select the bookmark which would send them to the exact page needed. Now users must…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

on roadmap  ·  1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Display more tags in new UI

I want to see the detail of all my tags. The new user interface shows the detail of the first tag and then "2 others", etc. I job share and we each want to see each tag, especially if we widen that column to do so

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to print PDF documents without downloading

In order to make it easier for the end user to print PDFs it'd be nice to have a print option directly in the context menu (both in the document preview and on document list).

As PDFs tend to contain forms to fill in either interactively or manually it might be consiedered as useful to print them directly from the browser. Currently it's not possible as after user hits 'command + P' there's only 1 blank page to be printed.

The current user path for printing a PDF is:
    1. Open a PDF in box webapp
    2. download it to…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Tag and Metadata support still missing on Mobile?

Hello, new user here evaluating Box.com for several cloud integrations within our company. I am searching the community for info on searching/filtering by tags and/or metadata via the Box mobile apps. I am confused... I am seeing replies back from Box support dating all the way back to 2017 saying that tag/metadata support on mobile is one of the most requested features. Yet neither seem to have been implemented as of Q2 2020? Am I missing something? What is the justification for lack of attention to such fundamental (and highly requested) features for your mobile apps? Whatever the case, it…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. need unlimited storage for individual plan

100G is not enough for individual users. Please add add-on storage capacity for UNLIMITED STORAGE or at least 1T/2T

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 26 27
  • Don't see your idea?